Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: LOOK: Clemson adds new signage for 2018 title
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

TNET: LOOK: Clemson adds new signage for 2018 title

Aug 21, 2019, 9:28 AM

LOOK: Clemson adds new signage for 2018 title

It's starting to look a lot like the start of football at Clemson. '2018' signage was added Wednesday at Memorial Stadium near the hill to signify another histo Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson adds new signage for 2018 title

Aug 21, 2019, 5:17 PM

Needs to say "National Champions" IMO. If someone is riding by and has no clue what the dates mean then how would they know?

Aug 21, 2019, 5:19 PM

we're gonna need a bigger boat!

BTW: if you don't know what those years, mean...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Aug 21, 2019, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson adds new signage for 2018 title ]

So true

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No need to get too fancy with it...

Aug 21, 2019, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson adds new signage for 2018 title ]

when you are going to have to change it again next year at this time...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No need to get too fancy with it...

Aug 21, 2019, 5:59 PM

Don't jinx us!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't worry, they didn't ***

Aug 21, 2019, 6:29 PM [ in reply to No need to get too fancy with it... ]

Aug 21, 2019, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson adds new signage for 2018 title ]

Well in that case, they won't know that it's Clemson's Death Valley either!!! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson adds new signage for 2018 title ]

Same with signage in the valley showing playoff appearances

Everybody in the world knows we are the champs***

Aug 21, 2019, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson adds new signage for 2018 title ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's way too logical. I thought they would correct it with

Aug 21, 2019, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson adds new signage for 2018 title ]

this opportunity, but guess not.

Aug 21, 2019, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson adds new signage for 2018 title ]

what a great problem. Debating on how to display championship signage!!

Aug 21, 2019, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson adds new signage for 2018 title ]

grrowl said:

Needs to say "National Champions" IMO. If someone is riding by and has no clue what the dates mean then how would they know?

No worries... True tiger fans know the significance of those dates...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2019, 7:31 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson adds new signage for 2018 title ]

Tiger fans know what those years are. Having too many words on that sign takes away from the two most important words...Memorial Stadium!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2019, 7:11 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson adds new signage for 2018 title ]

If someone is driving by and has no clue what those dates mean, they need to just keep driving.

Aug 21, 2019, 5:27 PM

This needs to say National Champions. It has come a long way from years ago when the schedule alone used to be posted there

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 5:44 PM

!

Move "2018" to the left...then next to it "Natty Champs"***

Aug 21, 2019, 5:47 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 5:48 PM

And the workers were installing the signage on the south upper facade at 2 pm.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 6:05 PM

We're gonna eventually need a scrolling board , only so much room on that wall .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 21, 2019, 6:07 PM

Agree, but I’ll settle for a 19 for now ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you think they could put the words National Champions,

Aug 21, 2019, 6:29 PM

good grief. It looks ok, but you'd think that could be done better. Couldn't believe it when they didn't put National Championship when they came up with that get up after the 2016 title and thought this was an opportunity to get it right. Guess not. I mean why redo anything, when you can just throw a 2018 at the bottom. At least it no longer looks like somebody was born in 1981 and died in 2016. Not sure who is responsible for that kind of thing, but they need to get better at it.

I concur "National Champions" should in there somewhere!

Aug 21, 2019, 6:48 PM

Saying...it goes without saying that one tells what's its done or selling.

Did you notice above the three years that the field & stadium were explained to anyone looking up..with names.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree!***

Aug 21, 2019, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Do you think they could put the words National Champions, ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 6:55 PM

This looks cheap. It looks like there was no design effort behind it at all.

I’m sure this probably seems nit picky to some of you, but at the very least, the tiger paw (along with the 1981 and 2016 numbers) should be moved up on the wall to where there is an equal distance of empty space at the top and bottom of the paw. As it is, the paw is practically touching the 2018 number. Any graphic designer will tell you that this seemingly small thing makes the whole wall look cheap and unprofessional.

Aug 21, 2019, 7:02 PM

This must be your expertise. They were already discussing putting in a new sound system. I don't think they intend on pissing away our hard earned money with IPTAY when it's all going to be redone. That's my guess!

DESTROY GT!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they are trying to save money like that, then times are

Aug 21, 2019, 7:19 PM

tight. That ACC Network better bring in some money fast.

Aug 21, 2019, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson adds new signage for 2018 title ]

Move the paw and the years up a little and put “NATIONAL CHAMPIONS” across the bottom. Balances it all out with writing at top and bottom.

Aug 22, 2019, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson adds new signage for 2018 title ]

Yes, the Paw could be a little higher, but not bad - however, it ought to be placed at "1:00 pm" instead of at 1:45... just my opinion.

Go Tigers!!!

Aug 21, 2019, 7:33 PM

;)

Sheesh! The UofSC might have folks wondering what '69 means

Aug 21, 2019, 8:32 PM

But, if there's a football fan around who doesn't know what those three years mean to Clemson, well, they probably don't know the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, either!

It doesn't matter if 100 people know and 10 people don't,

Aug 21, 2019, 11:49 PM

or if 100 people don't know and 10 people do. It needs to say National Champions and then list the years. It is not something in which less is more wins out, or that needs to be understated. Can't even believe that this is something up for debate.

The only reason anyone is saying, "well everyone knows what those years mean" is because they are trying to excuse a poorly done situation. They are trying to make the most of a bad sign.

You're putting words in folks' mouths to justify

Aug 22, 2019, 3:49 PM

Your opinion over theirs'. It is what it is...all opinions...nothing more.

What ever makes you feel better about it.***

Aug 22, 2019, 12:01 PM

It does look cheap. However...

Aug 21, 2019, 8:50 PM

...I'm wondering if this is in essence temporary. I believe they are looking at doing a new video board for the 2020 season and didn't want to spend money just to tear it down after the season. The good signage will be inside the stadium.

Still, the spacing at the bottom looks pretty awful. I would have at least moved the paw up a bit or something.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 9:07 PM

No need for “Death Valley” or “Clemson.”

The PAW says it all!

Anyone with a “lick of football knowledge” knows what our PAW represents.

Gonna need a bigger sign eventually!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What world do we live in?!

Aug 21, 2019, 10:11 PM

We have come a loooooooong way friends when the biggest debate on TNET is how to properly display MULTIPLE National Championship signs.

I love you all (and I think it looks great).

I just got home from walking up to the local ice cream stand with the family. Ran into a Wake Forest alum. I told him the last time I was at Wake Forest (2003) we lost 45-17.

That seems like a different life. Amazing how much things can change in a relatively short period of time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Re: What world do we live in?!

Aug 21, 2019, 11:02 PM

It's awesome ain't it!!!

I can see room for 9 of them before we have to change the

Aug 22, 2019, 8:31 AM

font size. Go get 'em, 2019 Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2019, 6:14 AM

The 2018 is not centered and the paw is too low. Otherwise.. yay

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic