Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Boston College coach says Tigers are elite, but beatable on any given Saturday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

TNET: Boston College coach says Tigers are elite, but beatable on any given Saturday

Jul 20, 2019, 8:01 AM

Boston College coach says Tigers are elite, but beatable on any given Saturday

Boston College head coach Steve Addazio isn’t given to hyperbole, so when he gives an opinion on the other teams in the Atlantic Coast Conference, it pays to listen.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Boston College coach says Tigers are elite, but beatable on any given Saturday

Jul 20, 2019, 8:06 AM

I like Adazzio, I believe he is very good coach. His teams play hard and are always disciplined.

Re: TNET: Boston College coach says Tigers are elite, but beatable on any given Saturday

Jul 20, 2019, 10:43 AM

Papajeff said:

I like Adazzio, I believe he is very good coach. His teams play hard and are always disciplined.

Totally agree. Can't imagine what he would do at a place where he could get some top notch recruits. Physical, defensive, disciplined.

Jul 20, 2019, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Boston College coach says Tigers are elite, but beatable on any given Saturday ]

that's the kind of statement muschamp should have made

Jul 20, 2019, 8:12 AM

Addazio is an awesome guy & a great coach. Everything he said here is 100% truth.

Jul 20, 2019, 11:15 AM

Muschamp is no Steve Addazio. If Addazio ever left BC, I bet Dabo would gobble him up in a second. His teams always over-excel, are quality kids, and never hear them get in trouble. Great reps of our conference.
Muschamp, on the other hand, is a perfect fit for Carolina. A loser attitude in a program with a history of always losing....

Addazio is no Chump

Jul 20, 2019, 12:35 PM

I am sure some program would hire Addazio as an HC, as it is obvious that he is head coaching material, should BC ever think they need to make a change.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2019, 8:13 AM

I like Addazio. Tough mindset , good defenses.

We're going to crush them of course , which actually makes me like the dude a bit more .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

No doubt, he coaches a tough BC team that gives us fits

Jul 20, 2019, 8:31 AM

Until the 2nd half. If they had a Matt Ryan type QB again, they’d be NY6 good given their culture and could challenge Clemson similarly to Syracuse with Dungey and NC St with Finley.

100 percent true! I really like Steve Addazio.

Jul 20, 2019, 8:34 AM

I wish him the best at BC! He’s my favorite coach in the ACC.

Re: 100 percent true! I really like Steve Addazio.

Jul 20, 2019, 9:50 AM

Would you like to rephrase that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2019, 10:25 AM [ in reply to 100 percent true! I really like Steve Addazio. ]

Mine too, of course, after Dabo!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2019, 9:11 PM

By far my favorite ACC coach after Dabo. I like coach Mack, just wish he hadnt gone back to Uncheat! I like Bronco also.

Jul 20, 2019, 8:52 AM

In principle he's right of course, but in practise it's unlikely. Kind of like a perfect storm event. He's a good coach and they are physical, but we are physical and have better talent and coaches. It is a slugfest for about a half but our Tigers have prevailed every time during our elite stage.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2019, 8:56 AM

I like this coach. He’s spot on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2019, 9:08 AM

I would like to see what Addazio could do with resources at a school like FSU, Auburn, Michigan, etc. I’ve worked in Boston a lot and the people up there LOVE football just not college football. They have the NFL dynasty thing going and BC just can’t compete for the fans attention. I’ve always liked Addazio as a traditional hard-nosed football coach and I think he could do well with a better brand.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2019, 5:53 PM

In the article, Addazio said he had coached in most of these elite conferences, so what did he do with that elite talent, I didn't feel like looking it up. Anyone know what his experience was in these other conferences? Asking for many friends!!!

Jul 20, 2019, 9:32 PM

He coached as an assistant at UF where they won 2 national titles. That's a start. Think he coached in the big 10 a but as well. Also HC at Temple.

Jul 20, 2019, 9:14 AM

I agree, he put it very succinctly. I wish there were more coaches like him and less of the others.

A couple of days ago there was a thread re the best team we played last year. T-dug ( I think) pointed out they put up a better fight against us than just about anyone. I expect the same this year, a battle but we win by a couple of TDs.

He's right - we know all too well.

Jul 20, 2019, 9:16 AM

Pittsburgh, Syracuse ... yikes! You gotta prepare properly then show up on Saturday ready to go - else you get whooped. Our biggest challenge this season and going forward will be remembering that. Complacency is the enemy; all great teams battle that. I think Dabo and staff manage that about as well as anybody. I always liked Adazzio, and his teams are never an easy out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: He's right - we know all too well.

Jul 20, 2019, 10:28 AM

Yep, even though I always expect us to win against BC, they are one of the teams I hate having to play on their home turf....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC coaches > SEC coaches. Dabo, Babers, Addazio = class.

Jul 20, 2019, 9:35 AM

There's a reason those teams (SYR and BC) are tough outs for Clemson. Those guys do more with way less talent that what Dabo has (or what FSU, Miami, and Louisville have). That's good coaching.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well 2 outta 3 ain't bad***

Jul 20, 2019, 11:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If this guy ever lost his

Jul 20, 2019, 9:40 AM

job, I think Dabo would ###### him up in a heart beat! Great coach, especially considering where he is.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al & WORLD CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

"$ n@tch" is a bad word?!!

Jul 21, 2019, 5:38 AM

Who knew?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Jul 20, 2019, 10:23 AM

Being as competitive, and having a competitive mind set as Addazio does have, you can't expect him to say anything much different. He ain't going to pat someone on the back unless they deserve it....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FINEBOMB ain't gona like this talk******

Jul 20, 2019, 10:44 AM

For sure it will make his ears wiggle and his head turn red with anger !!!! BEWARE !!!!

i'm not so sure Clemson fans and football staff

Jul 20, 2019, 11:15 AM

Hold Adazzio in much higher regard than do BC's own fans. As others have noted, Patriots rule the football world up there, but, not sure BC doesn't realize what really good man they have. I still recall his comments during the '16 Natty game...while Doeren largely sulked the whole time. ;)

I pull for BC in all of their games...save for one. And as noted above, he'd be a great fit on the Clemson staff if that day ever presented itself.

That's right ! Them Boston College Eagles are tough !

Jul 20, 2019, 12:53 PM

Always give Clemson a tough game. I respect them Eagles, never take ‘em for granted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Addazio has always been my second favorite coach.

Jul 20, 2019, 4:41 PM

He seems like a quality person to be around.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Addazio is a joke.I don't care if the rest of TNET loves him

Jul 20, 2019, 5:41 PM

Best record is gettin his team to 7 and 6 yet he's a great coach? gtfo!

^^Are you a g-d? You're acting like a g-d...

Jul 20, 2019, 6:06 PM

nm

Re: Addazio is a joke.I don't care if the rest of TNET loves him

Jul 20, 2019, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Addazio is a joke.I don't care if the rest of TNET loves him ]

There are a whole lot more coaches that would fail there than win. In fact there record most years has indicated that other than a few outliers like when Tom Obrien was there. He was a pretty good coach as I recall. Outside of that and a few decent years with Bicknell and Flutie time, more bad than good. The recruiting isnt exactly the most fertile up there either.

Would expect nothing less from that guy

Jul 20, 2019, 6:17 PM

One of the best coaches out there. Nothing but respect for him and his program.

Jul 20, 2019, 8:26 PM

Dude is a very good coach imo that dosnt get his due. My opinions if Mullin had not went to UF, this dude would have gotten a lot of interest as a former UF OC. Guy can flat out coach and has won at places that were not exactly blue blood programs. I mean, BC? Temple?

Jul 22, 2019, 9:29 PM

Glad he’s not at GaTech. He could turn that program around and run havoc in the recruiting circles.

Jul 23, 2019, 8:20 AM

And this is where I think the ACC is criminally underrated. The coaching at our upper-mid to mid-level tiers is excellent. Babers, Brown, Addazio, Narduzzi, Doeren, Fuente, Mendenhall... all excellent coaches.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic