Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So no? None of you Trumpers offered one single study on immigration
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

So no? None of you Trumpers offered one single study on immigration

Apr 13, 2019, 8:13 AM

This proves my point. Your entire stance is built on lies and rhetoric rather than facts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So no? None of you Trumpers offered one single study on immigration

Apr 13, 2019, 8:30 AM

I am a liberal and I don't want all of those immigrants. I realize why they are coming, but I don't want them. They are a drain on the system and they come from countries and cultures that I personally don't want brought to the US generally. I read an article about this broke lady with HIV was seeking asylum in the US to find her adult son and to seek medical treatment. I undestand why she is coming to the US, but that's a lot cost for Americans.

Apr 13, 2019, 9:07 AM

Carlsbad® said:

I am a liberal and I don't want all of those immigrants. I realize why they are coming, but I don't want them. They are a drain on the system and they come from countries and cultures that I personally don't want brought to the US generally. I read an article about this broke lady with HIV was seeking asylum in the US to find her adult son and to seek medical treatment. I undestand why she is coming to the US, but that's a lot cost for Americans.

If only more liberals applied your kind of critical thinking the U.S. would be a better place.

Many do but they are not the overbearing loudmouths on...

Apr 13, 2019, 10:41 AM

that side of the isle. They live in the flyover zone, remain silent only to speak once every four years. Hint: They aren't monks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just b/c you agree doesn't make it "critical thinking"

Apr 13, 2019, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: So no? None of you Trumpers offered one single study on immigration ]

He'd need to produce evidence to support his idea that "all those immigrants...are a drain on the system." Whereas, "they come from countries and cultures that I don't want brought to the US" isn't objective. It's borderline veiled racism, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt because I don't think Carlsbad is in any way a racist but he doesn't specify why he doesn't want people from those countries and cultures so he could simply be afraid they are all gang members (which would also be incorrect, but not necessarily racist) or something else. The point about the sick woman looking for her brother is just plain unempathetic to the plight of a fellow human being.

I get the concerns and beliefs surrounding illegal immigration, but most of these people are simply leaving horrible conditions looking for a better life and should still be treated with dignity even if they are not allowed to become citizens. Thinking them as animals or invaders and treating them as such is just so inhuman and antithetical to what we stand for as Americans.

There are several billion on earth who just want to come...

Apr 13, 2019, 5:15 PM

here for a better life. What's the cutoff point? I think the most important factor is the impact it has on our poorest workers. It doesn't take a study or science to verify I'm right. A simple review of the supply/demand curve will make it simple and clear.

It's economics. It's in the book, taught in some schools, elementary, middle schools, high schools, and just about every college and university in North America and Europe. Probably in Asia and
Africa too.

No liberal has addressed this because few work for minimum wage. Shame on you all for doing unskilled and low skilled workers like that. I could assume you don't care but I don't believe that. I believe politics is just more important to you and the cost of whipping DJT on the immigration issue is more valuable to you than the livelihood of the poor workers and the illegals who take their jobs for even lower wages than our poorest citizens receive.

### the poor and illegals, let them eat cake, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There are several billion on earth who just want to come...

Apr 15, 2019, 11:43 AM

Republicans are really getting bold lately with the "I don't need research" line.

Before Trump, I think most people knew to be embarrassed to say something like that. It appears that no shame remains.

You didn't have econ 101?

Apr 15, 2019, 7:54 PM

You never made it past your freshman year at Clemson. You're a drop out. You depend on studies and I'll stick with Economic principles proven through the ages.

From his previous arguments, he definitely did not***

Apr 17, 2019, 4:29 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2019, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: So no? None of you Trumpers offered one single study on immigration ]

That’s fine but don’t hide behind a false narrative and fake statistics.

Apr 13, 2019, 9:08 AM

This proves my point. Your entire stance is built on lies and rhetoric rather than facts.

That's completely bogus. It proves nothing.

You failed Logic 101, didn't you?

You're assuming he passed the GED test aren't you?***

Apr 13, 2019, 10:42 AM

Re: You're assuming he passed the GED test aren't you?***

Apr 13, 2019, 2:01 PM

I didn't assume that, either.

What is proves is that none of us have offered studies.

Apr 13, 2019, 10:39 AM

It also proves you reasoning is corrupt and quite narrow. That's because you never studied higher math or probably even elementary algebra. Certainly not statistics or calculus. It also show you embarrass yourself without knowing you should be embarrassed.

I refuse to argue with you according to your folly. Read Proverbs 26:4 and you'll understand.

That’s one possibility, for sure.

Apr 13, 2019, 11:25 AM

The other is that they don’t really care about appeasing an egotistical part-time troll.

That’s some world class narcissism to post on a board where you’re a stranger, demanding that everyone produce the information you demand, and then somehow derive validation when no one complies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That’s one possibility, for sure.

Apr 13, 2019, 4:25 PM

I'm going to go with the former.

Apr 13, 2019, 11:50 AM

What are you talking about....

Immigration is great. Illegal immigration is bad.***

Apr 13, 2019, 11:52 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2019, 2:46 PM

Trumpsters aren’t interested in facts.

Google is your friend

Apr 13, 2019, 7:06 PM

P & R, however, can be brutal. Some people deserve it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Apr 15, 2019, 4:52 PM

Why waste my time. The purpose of your question has no real basis for trying to understand anyone else’s viewpoint or even entertaining facts that contradict what you already believe is true. You’re just asking so you can respond,and that’s a really messed up way to think.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic