Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If 20 wins and a 10-8 conference record gets us in, then...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,438

If 20 wins and a 10-8 conference record gets us in, then...

Feb 16, 2019, 3:28 PM

We now have to go 5-1 in our last 6 games.

FSU at home.....they are currently # 17 and playing well. Very tough game.

BC at home....we’ll probably win this one.

Pitt on road....can we win a road game besides GT?

UNC at home....top 10 team at home.

Notre Dame on road...can we win on the road?

Syracuse at home.....Cuse is a tourney team, but senior day at home probably swings in our favor.

With 4 of 6 at home, that probably means we have a chance here. And if we win the 2 home games and get back to .500 by next Saturday, we definitely have a chance.

But I’m concerned that FSU might stick a fork in us on Tuesday. Make no mistake, that is a must win game. Had we won one of these this week, it might not be. But now there is no other option.

I’ve missed both games this week due to work commitments. I’ll pull it together to watch on Tuesday to see if we can do it. But my optimism after the VT game is waning.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If 20 wins and a 10-8 conference record gets us in, then...

Feb 16, 2019, 3:33 PM

We will not beat FSU or UNC probably not Syracuse.

The only reason for any hope is that we have played well....

Feb 16, 2019, 3:52 PM

on our home floor. We tend to shoot better at home, etc.
It will not be easy for FSU and UNC to come in and win.
But in the same sense, we could lose at Notre Dame (who might be improving).
If we make the NCAA tourney, it will be because we find a way to play consistently well over the next 3 weeks. We seemed to be improving coming out of the VT game...but having taken a step back again.
If we do what we've been doing, then we'll go 3-3 and end up in the NIT.

Feb 16, 2019, 4:00 PM

Just how bad is a One point loss to Louisville or to Miami on the road?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2019, 4:25 PM

miami was 2-9 in the conference

Feb 16, 2019, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: If 20 wins and a 10-8 conference record gets us in, then... ]

Bad, especially when you play hot potato with the basketball and waste possessions at the end of every game allowing reed or Mitchell to drive. They NEVER make the shot. Reed either fumbles it away on his own or gets blocked. Then Mitchell either gets the ball stripped off his knee out of bounds or gets blocked. Mainly at the end of games for Mitchell. Reed can’t drive ever. But everybody loves to call David Skara out. It’s David freaking Skara. If players are being called out then the players on the team that are actually more capable of doing something but play like idiots should be called out as well. I’m done. Oh and this isn’t directed toward you

Feb 16, 2019, 5:14 PM

When he drives, it seems Reed is always looking to get fouled, often initiating contact that causes a bad shot or loose ball. But he seldom makes the shot or gets the foul call.

On too many fast breaks that aren't fast enough, Reed gets blocked when he could have dropped it to a trailing Thomas for a flush. Trapp too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2019, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Re: If 20 wins and a 10-8 conference record gets us in, then... ]

Not bad and it all depends on what the committee looks into the most. Do they see our record and say oh no or do they say dang a couple of points and this team could be in the top 25. We are for sure a top 60 team imo but idk what all they look at. I feel like we need to win these next 3 and atleast keep the UNC game close, hopefully win. We certainly can but we could also lose the next 3 by a couple of points. I won't give up till the end tho.

I see us going 3-3 in the next 6

Feb 16, 2019, 5:18 PM

We seem to always have a hard time beating FSU for some reason. Somebody on their team will probably go like 7-9 from 3 and have a career day. We won’t beat UNC. I’m calling Cuse the 3rd L.

NIT bound.

Re: I see us going 3-3 in the next 6

Feb 16, 2019, 6:31 PM

We needed the Miami win. A win today would have fixed that loss, but it didn't happen. I'm thinking .500 at best, but not counting on it.

Feb 16, 2019, 6:36 PM

What if we win 4 out of 6 and win 1 in the ACC tournament? I think we would probably have to win 2 in the ACC tournament though.

That would be the definition of bubble team...

Feb 16, 2019, 8:20 PM

Good thing is that we are likely in the 8-9 game playing NC State and could get a ‘good’ win.
But then the second game is probably against Duke.
Better to have an amazing regular season finish than depend on that

Feb 16, 2019, 9:10 PM

why do you think a team that is 5-7 in conference would suddenly go 5-1? Is there going to be a coaching change tomorrow ?

Feb 16, 2019, 9:14 PM

I am sure it's because of schedule as to why he thinks there is an outside chance.

Feb 16, 2019, 9:30 PM

I’ll look at our schedule when I see 3-3 at best , and NIT. Just a #### poor job this season. Like everyone else I was expecting this team, after a good run last year, to at least make the tournament this year, but the team regressed to the mean, namely uninspired play, poor shooting, and at times very undisciplined.

Feb 16, 2019, 9:34 PM

I think we go 4-2, but that won't be enough.

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,438
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic