Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many people predicted our record for this year at 10-2?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

How many people predicted our record for this year at 10-2?

Nov 26, 2012, 4:19 PM

Everybody thought we would lose the 2 games we lost, why cry over it. A new coach isn't going to help this problem. We are making strives but only time will tell. As for this conference it is done and has carried some good teams down. VT, Miami, and even Florida St.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly I thought 11-1 with loss to FSU!!

Nov 26, 2012, 4:24 PM

I felt with another year under the system the offense would find ways to beat that S.Car defense but was proven wrong. ACC schedule was easy and Auburn had new QB so although we struggled in that game I felt 11-1 was reasonable and we nearly got there...10-2 sounds really good but I feel we all know deep down inside 10-2 was worst case scenario as it turned out...... Polls and computer polls showed us for what we were and we moved up in computer polls with loss, what??? lol

i predicted we'd lose to SCar, but that doesn't mean it's OK

Nov 26, 2012, 4:25 PM

I figured we'd lose AGAIN to SCar BECAUSE DABO is OWNED by Spurrier

doesn't mean i ACCEPT that as being OK

we're gonna lose to them next year too

How many predicted our best win would be against Ball St?*****

Nov 26, 2012, 4:26 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who predicted

Nov 26, 2012, 4:27 PM

Awbarn, VT, and the others were gonna suck so bad?!?!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

That still left 2 quality teams on our schedule

Nov 26, 2012, 4:31 PM

and we lost to both.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. Many have forgotten the Bowden years.

Nov 26, 2012, 4:29 PM

I said at the beginning, 11-1 = great year, 10-2 = meeting expectations, 9-3 = subpar year.

The ACC is not worse now than it was under Bowden.

I firmly believe a Bowden team would have lost one or two to GT, VPI, NCSU, and Auburn.

We are now beating the teams we are supposed to beat.

We didn't do that under Bowden.

More to the season than beating USC.

Re: Yep. Many have forgotten the Bowden years.

Nov 26, 2012, 4:30 PM

With the questions on both O and D line and the secondary...I had them 9 - 3, so they exceeded my expectations.

please........the ACC is FAAAR worse now.....

Nov 26, 2012, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Yep. Many have forgotten the Bowden years. ]

it's absolutely PATHETIC

and I've anytime I talk with somebody about preseason predictions and records.........I always ask does that 9-3 or 10-2 or 11-1 record include a victory over SCar............if the answer is yes then it'll be a great year..........if the answer is no then i say it's a failure.

I'll take 9-3 or 10-2 with victory over SCar before 11-1 and losing to SCar.

comparing....

Nov 26, 2012, 4:37 PM

VT--worse
Miami- worse
Wake- worse
BC- worse
NC- about same
GT- worse now
FSU- better
Duke- better
Maryland- worse
UVA- worse or the same
NC State- about the same...maybe a tad better

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ACC is much, much worse than it was just 5 years ago***

Nov 26, 2012, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Yep. Many have forgotten the Bowden years. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

as I said above

Nov 26, 2012, 4:41 PM

Wake and BC were very good programs 5 yrs ago...they are AWFUL today....beyond awful....VT slid big time this yr....Maryland is awful and they were ok under Ralph...went to the OB under Ralph....GT to me is about the same....FSU is better now than they were under the end of Bowden....Miami is much worse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TB would not have lost the last 4 to SC***

Nov 26, 2012, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Yep. Many have forgotten the Bowden years. ]

No TB would have lost all the other games.***

Nov 26, 2012, 4:40 PM

I never could stand TB

Nov 26, 2012, 4:46 PM

but that statement is just an absolute joke. If the ACC was this sorry when TB was here, even he would have backed his way into a couple of ACC championships.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I member I was happy at end of year & offseason most of time***

Nov 26, 2012, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Yep. Many have forgotten the Bowden years. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was happier beating coots too but how many times did we

Nov 26, 2012, 4:58 PM

struggle to make it to 6 games to become bowl eligible?

Once? 2004?***

Nov 26, 2012, 5:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

hindsight is 20/20 as they say

Nov 26, 2012, 4:35 PM

GT, VT, and Auburn all fell apart this yr...Wake program and BC program that were TOUGH just a few yrs ago in the Atlantic have both fallen apart....we simply didn't play a tough game until the FSU game...we did well to keep it together after a tough loss down there however we still didn't beat a good team this yr. NC State at 7-5 was the best record wise and that got their coach fired.

How many people said Aub, GT, VT, NC State wld suck out loud***

Nov 26, 2012, 4:37 PM

Re: How many people predicted our record for this year at 10-2?

Nov 26, 2012, 4:38 PM

8 and 4 with a win over SC. Record, in my opinion, does not compensate for the loss to SC

who predicted that ball state..

Nov 26, 2012, 4:42 PM

would be our only win over a team with over 7 wins/

I had CU at 9-3 and SC at 10-2

Nov 26, 2012, 4:43 PM

I thought without Sammy that Auburn would beat CU, picked losses to FSU and coots. I thought we'd lose to LSU and one of FL, UGA or Arkie.

Right now Scar has a good team with a 5* defense that is

Nov 26, 2012, 4:51 PM

going to lose 12 seniors this year. They want always be on top but it isn't because of our coaches. They recruited good and I would say we could recruit better out of the ACC because of academics. No way Doo Doo clown could ever get into Clemson. I do think we are young and think the O line preformed over the expectation this year.

rumor has it that doo doo clown can't print his own name.***

Nov 26, 2012, 5:03 PM

are you really that naive?

Nov 26, 2012, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Right now Scar has a good team with a 5* defense that is ]

Clemson would have rolled out the red carpet for Clowney, no matter what sort of rule-bending it would have taken.

I guess that is why Mike Bellamy is gone.***

Nov 26, 2012, 5:07 PM

Bellamy made it in the door, was third string, and used

Nov 26, 2012, 5:12 PM

up all of his three strikes. Your strawman argument proves nothing.

Clowny had to wait till the last second to see if he made it

Nov 26, 2012, 5:19 PM

into Scar. You think he would have made it into Clemson on our academics standard? How many recruits each year turn away from Clemson because they can't make it into Clemson but can get into Scar?

0***

Nov 26, 2012, 8:39 PM

Absolutely not so.***

Nov 26, 2012, 8:50 PM [ in reply to are you really that naive? ]

Re: How many people predicted our record for this year at 10-2?

Nov 26, 2012, 5:07 PM

I posted in the preseason prediction thread that Clemson would be 10-2, but I thought they'd lose to NC State but beat South Carolina.

I nailed it!

Nov 26, 2012, 5:09 PM

I predicted 10-2, with the two losses coming from FSU, Va. Tech, and/or the Chickens.

I don't like the SC loss any more than the rest of y'all. But the people who are blaming the coaches (any more than for any other loss) and saying to fire Dabo are nuts.

Hindsight

Nov 26, 2012, 5:36 PM

I thought 8-4 / 9-3 prior to they start of the season. Assumed FSU was a loss and that we would split VT, GT, NCSU and S. Carolina. Of those 5 games only 2 of the teams lived up to their preseason expectation. VT, GT, and NCSU were not as good as Ball State. Had known that VT, GT, and NCSU would have been horrible teams this year I would have said 10-2 or 11-1 with potential losses to FSU & S. Carolina.

We did nothing special this year. Just because our competition failed to meet expectations, does not mean we exceeded expectations. There is a difference.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic