Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Get well soon Coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 353

Get well soon Coach

Oct 21, 2019, 12:06 PM

https://twitter.com/MarkRicht/status/1186306937056649219?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Get well soon Coach

Oct 21, 2019, 1:02 PM

[?IMG]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

That happened to me when I was 32 years old.

Oct 21, 2019, 7:54 PM

I weighted a heavy 185, hanged sheetrock all week and played BB after work with half a doz 16-22 yr old blacks who live near. It was a fine Saturday morning and I laid around until lunch playing with the kids until one of the teenagers came by asking me to come play with them.

I had just eaten two tuna sandwiches and a platter of fries but he was relentless. We played 21 and I went out twice hitting long shots in the noon heat on a concrete court. I was trying to get that second wind when I check the ball and lifted a 18 footer. It bounced off the back of the rim in my directions.

I snatched the ball and drove. I grabbed the pole that held the backboard and noticed they had stopped and were all looking at me. One asked if I wanted him to walk me home. I refused and climbed the steps out of the court and made the two block trek.

As I sat on the porch I asked for a cold towel to try and cool off. The children's mother brought me a lukewarm towel and I said something real ugly to her. She watched as I moved inside to the air and couch before she dialed 911.

When I realized what she was doing I crossed the room and pushed the button down on the phone. As the 911 operator returned the call my head fell back, my eyes closed and I gave my spirit into God's hands.

Mark is correct, whether delusion, insanity or reality the feeling is anything but scary. I remember no doubt and no questions.

I ended up in G'ville getting prepared for the open heart surgery which included 5 bypasses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow. At 32 that's young.

Oct 22, 2019, 8:12 AM

At 43 I've had everything short of a heart cath. And that's only due to my doctor doing some creative billing. At this point, I can not have a(nother) nuclear stress test anymore unless I have chest pains or other symptoms. I plan to pay for my own heart cath at 55 if I make it to 55. Odds are by then I will have a blockage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 353
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic