Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Most un-noticed thing about Clowney's comments
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1,872

Most un-noticed thing about Clowney's comments

Jul 17, 2013, 1:51 PM

Was that he didn't talk about himself as an individual. He said Tajh was scared of the D-line, not just him personally. "We have him shook..." "We get hits on him..."

I have not read what the question was the prompted these answers, or maybe he just said these things unprompted.

I think his statements were correct, based on my viewing of the games in recent years. But they were probably unwise. I would not have called out individual players. Maybe he was asked specifically about Boyd, though. A seasoned and mature guy would have dodged it, but like many have said, in a lot of ways the response is a reflection of the guy at the top (Spurrier).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

False.

Jul 17, 2013, 1:54 PM

He may not have said it directly. He was talking about himself, hence the comments about "Tajh looked at me before the snap every time..."

Certainly that is a way in which Clowney could

Jul 17, 2013, 1:58 PM

personally observe Boyd's behavior and make inferences about it.

semantics. defended classless comments if you want.

Jul 17, 2013, 2:00 PM

Says a lot about you.

I don't think he should have said these things.

Jul 17, 2013, 2:03 PM

However, I'm not sure "arrogant" is the right word to describe them. "Uncouth" would be better.

He said three opposing players by name are "scared" of him

Jul 17, 2013, 2:04 PM

That's arrogant. Grab a dictionary.

OK, dictionary:

Jul 17, 2013, 2:06 PM

Arrogant - Having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

First of all, I don't think anything he said was exaggerated. I think it was pretty much true. Secondly, just by reading his words, I don't think he was talking about his "own importance or abilities," but that of his defensive unit.

^^ Glasses

Jul 17, 2013, 2:12 PM

they're garnet.

Well, sure. And yours are orange, as they should be.***

Jul 17, 2013, 2:13 PM

Re: Well, sure. And yours are orange, as they should be.***

Jul 17, 2013, 2:23 PM

This is pretty biased, even for you Prodigal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dunno, I try to be as objective as I can.

Jul 17, 2013, 2:26 PM

It's hard to be completely objective when you're as close to it as we are, but I don't see what's all that biased about what I have said. I'm just reading the words in kind of a literal sense.

Re: I dunno, I try to be as objective as I can.

Jul 17, 2013, 2:27 PM

He was asked to describe Boyd's game plan and he immediately said Boyd is scared. Can't get much more classless than that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't say it wasn't classless. Just said not arrogant.

Jul 17, 2013, 2:28 PM

Also, that is the first reference I've seen to what prompted the response. Do you have a link with more detail on that?

seriously? you don't think that was arrogant?

Jul 17, 2013, 2:43 PM

now, let me first say..........i have NO problem with what he said......he can say what he wants b/c he and USC has owned us the last 4 years. I wish our Dline had that attitude and ability to back it up just like clowney has.

that being said.........saying that wasn't arrogant is not accurate.

he made a claim that he was scared BECAUSE he looked at HIM every time before the ball was snapped.

now he coulda been scared or he coulda been analyzing the defense like any other QB would do, but to ASSUME and claim it to be true based on the action he described is arrogant.............but honestly i like that attitude in players...........that's been a major difference in the game over the last 4 years

It could be. I don't see it necessarily so.***

Jul 17, 2013, 2:45 PM

Pheebos always a coot too***

Jul 17, 2013, 3:02 PM [ in reply to seriously? you don't think that was arrogant? ]

He couldnt understand the question LOL***

Jul 17, 2013, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I dunno, I try to be as objective as I can. ]

Prodigal always takes up for coots cause hes one. He has noone fooled..***

Jul 17, 2013, 2:59 PM [ in reply to semantics. defended classless comments if you want. ]

I wasn't aware he was trying to fool anyone...

Jul 17, 2013, 4:36 PM

Everyone who knows Prod knows he's a coot. Just like me. That doesn't change the fact the we also talk sense most of the time. I can't for the life of me understand why Clowney would go through the motions like this and give opposing players a reason to chop block him. He's not invincible, and pissing off every team you play over the course of a 12 game season isn't smart at all. Not that anyone here would argue Clowney's lack of intelligence.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Certainly that is a way in which Clowney could

Jul 17, 2013, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Certainly that is a way in which Clowney could ]

Isn't it kind of the QB's job to look at the DLs before snapping the ball?

Probably. Inferences aren't always correct.

Jul 17, 2013, 2:27 PM

I would say what has happened after the snap is a more clear indication of the mental state of the QB than what happens before the snap.

Here's the original quote from YahooSports...

Jul 17, 2013, 2:09 PM [ in reply to False. ]

“I can tell Tajh Boyd is scared back there. He ain't no sitting duck, but you can see in his eyes that he's scared of our D-linemen. We know that coming into the game that we have him shook already. We get a couple hits on him and it changes the whole game. He's scared every time we play them. I know he's probably listening to this right now, but I'm just telling the truth, man.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/best-jadeveon-clowney-quotes-sec-media-day-110513916.html

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9483778/jadeveon-clowney-says-sec-quarterbacks-scared-face-him

All of the Tajh Boyd is scared of me stuff, came from twitter, where he was misquoted.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Yep saw that part. I was referring to this:

Jul 17, 2013, 2:21 PM

"You can look at a guy and tell that he's scared," Clowney said. "If he's staring at me before the ball is snapped and he's staring at me every play before the ball is snapped, oh we got him. I tell the players that he's shook."

- From your link.

Fair Enough.***

Jul 17, 2013, 2:26 PM

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Thanks to clowney...

Jul 17, 2013, 1:55 PM

Tahj Boyd from the ACC dominates sec media day....Murray and Manziel mentioned AFTER Boyd.

Re: Most un-noticed thing about Clowney's comments

Jul 17, 2013, 1:55 PM

the whole place down there is a cesspool. really who gives a #### what they say. it matters not. they do have bragging rights after all. their 15 minutes of fame will run out and hings will get back to normal. history proves it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't wait till that happens. The coots are becoming

Jul 17, 2013, 2:04 PM

unbearable.

Re: Most un-noticed thing about Clowney's comments

Jul 17, 2013, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Most un-noticed thing about Clowney's comments ]

> really who
> gives a #### what they say.

several people on here do. They care enough to wish season ending injuries on the guy-something that is ironic considering the holier-than-thou attitude on this website.

Obviously the comments shouldn't have been said but they have been misconstrued as Clowney touting his own greatness when really he was talking about his unit as a whole.

COOT!!

Jul 17, 2013, 1:59 PM

LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

His un-selfishness is only surpassed by his illiteracy...***

Jul 17, 2013, 4:53 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1,872
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic