Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Folks, with true sincerity, everyone take a deep breath.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Folks, with true sincerity, everyone take a deep breath.

Jan 6, 2019, 3:22 PM

Theres been a lot of snipping and griping here for a few days. Somehow this game feels bigger than the last couple NCG. Some of us have invested a lot of time and money, and it feels like a huge deal.. I get it.

Let's keep in mind that we are fans of a sports team that represents a university we love. It's a privilege to have a team to still cheer for, as 126 other schools do not. This season is an overwhelming success. We are 14-0 and playing for a title. Its awesome!! We should treat it and each other that way. Remember, this is all for fun.

If that's still not enough, then let's get basic. I'm working in the hospital in Sacramento today. As I walk through the halls, I see people crying and consoling one another, people on phones discussing how they try to deal with whatever their new life reality is. People sick, healing, or dying. Families effected. Financial, emotional, physical crisis. This is real life stess. We Clemson fans, we're just haing fun. So take a big deep breath or 3 and say a prayer for the folks who need it. As for us, let's try to put a smile on and be a little better.. myself included.

Cheers y'all, and
GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Well said and Go Tigers!***

Jan 6, 2019, 3:27 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well said and Go Tigers!***

Jan 6, 2019, 5:48 PM

Chill.

Nothing is bigger for Tiger fans than another shot at a Natty. Not much point in hoping we think about Mom and apple pie or the folks in deep trouble somewhere else. Tomorrow is gameday. Everything else fades to insignificance.

Of course it is a game. Of course the sun will come up Tuesday.

But it is THE GAME. Win and we will all remember every play til the day we die. Do not try to make it less than it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you missed the point.***

Jan 6, 2019, 9:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

hence the need for your post SOY!

Jan 7, 2019, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Well said and Go Tigers!*** ]

It’s a big deal, but reality is (as you have said soy) I have a friend on the table as we write getting triple bypass surgery. The success of that surgery is so different from a game. Both very important but even Dabo states it’s still just a game.

Go Tigers!!!

Re: Folks, with true sincerity, everyone take a deep breath.

Jan 6, 2019, 3:35 PM

What a great post! All Tiger fans should be compelled to think on this one. We are a lucky group as a fan base and alumni to have a team and program like this to support.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 3:48 PM

Yes sir, well said. We love our Tigers and are passionate about it, but we do need to keep things in perspective. I know an 11 year old Tiger fan, in the hospital right now, in his third round of chemo and awaiting a bone marrow transplant. He’ll be cheering his Tigers on tomorrow night.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen!***

Jan 6, 2019, 4:01 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jan 6, 2019, 4:06 PM

Amen, Go Tigers! One more goal to accomplish!
Be safe out there Tigers and God bless.

Jan 6, 2019, 4:15 PM

Good man Soy. Thanks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 5:52 PM

Lots of guys in this thread are crazy. Clemson plays for the Natty tomorrow. Be all in or be gone. If you see or feel differently, ok. But don't minimize my joy.

Prayers for all the starving, dying folks.

Play ball!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No minimizing of joy meant. I hope I can be your joy ###### brother!

Jan 6, 2019, 5:59 PM

This is meant for the people who are feeling anxious about the game and (probably not even conciously) stirring the pot and getting a little short with each other because of it. Its a fun ride, we sometimes just need a reminder to enjoy it. Glad the message wasn't meant for you.

null

Haha.. you can't write v iagra on here. Who knew?***

Jan 6, 2019, 6:00 PM

null

Jan 6, 2019, 4:25 PM

So hard to do but so important to remember. Thank you for your post

Jan 6, 2019, 4:38 PM

Soy--- Thanks for reminding us there are more important things in life than football, but in the midst of all the trials and tribulations we encounter, how wonderful it is that we can spend a few moments with Tiger fans cheering for those who bring a bit of joy into our lives even when sorrow surrounds us.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 4:45 PM

I am a paramedic in Charleston, and see the same things. Great perspective to have! God bless all of us and go Tigers!!!!

Jan 7, 2019, 3:52 PM

Paramedic from Nash County (Rocky Mount, NC) here. Go Tigers!

Jan 6, 2019, 4:54 PM

Nice post soy. Thanks for hopefully helping people keep things in perspective

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Peace and love, peace and love

Jan 6, 2019, 5:46 PM

Prayers for everyone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Good post!

Jan 6, 2019, 6:25 PM

All in! Go Tigers!!!!!

Jan 6, 2019, 6:37 PM

Harrumph!

COOT!

Jan 6, 2019, 6:50 PM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Jan 6, 2019, 6:52 PM

Great post and perspective! Thanks for that.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really puts things in perspective! Go Tigers!***

Jan 6, 2019, 7:20 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 7:39 PM

This post is POTD for me. My mother-in-law has been in the hospital for a few days with an infection that took a turn for the worst this morning. She is fighting, but either way, our family is one of those facing a new reality. Tomorrow's game suddenly seems a lot less important.

Jan 6, 2019, 8:00 PM

Amen brother!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 9:33 PM

I could not agree more! The critics herein have been “over the top” and frankly they need a dose of reality. Over Christmas I counted my blessings despite dealing with a real sense of uncertainty as I approached a new year.

Everybody wants a victory tomorrow, but we are not promised everything we desire. Take a moment to recognize just how fortunate Tiger fans are, win or lose! I can recall quite a few seasons of plain futility from decades ago.

I know how hard life can be sometimes and Dabo recognizes just how important each day is to each individual. Follow his example.

Trust the Lord, love those around you and cherish your simplest blessings.

Go Tigers ??!!

Jan 6, 2019, 9:57 PM

One of the best posts I've read in a good while.

Thanks for the remind of reality

Jan 6, 2019, 9:16 PM

need this, will do

#### right - love you bro - well said!***

Jan 6, 2019, 9:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Jan 6, 2019, 9:48 PM

amen brother........win, lose, or draw I will be proud of our team......BUT really really do hope we win it all again.........3rd time's a charm..........Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!

Jan 6, 2019, 9:54 PM

Da love, da peace, da chicken grease. I’ll need medication tomorrow, but hope I don’t blow an o’ring either way it rolls. I’m like some others. Feel like this one belongs to us. Don’t know why, but.......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 9:55 PM

I had a ton of angst and anxiety (where's the Ativan?!?!?) for the 2015 game, and we barely lost. The 2016 game, I still did but not as much as 2015, I just felt like we had this! This year, it's weird, I really don't have that much angst or anxiety, even with all the things that have gone wrong leading up to the game I really do feel like we got this, it will be close, it will be another nail biter, but we got this. I think our D plays their best game of the year and after a slow start and TL gets his nerves worked out we win another close one! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 9:56 PM

So true! Pray for those that are truly in need...

Take a deep breath and enjoy the game.

Go Tigers!!!

Thanks!

Jan 7, 2019, 8:03 AM

I appreciate the splash of cold water. It's good to start the day with a prayer for other people.

Re: Thanks!

Jan 7, 2019, 8:08 AM

I agree with the original post, but also Harley's. I am very excited. A lifetime event.

Jan 7, 2019, 8:26 AM

Good post. I say sometimes I wish I didn't care so much about Clemson Football. In the grand scheme of things, like soy says, this is nothing. My wife does not get the caring so much about a sport and team (even though she's a Clemson grad too).

Win, lose, or draw Tuesday will happen no matter what. Is my life better with a Clemson win? Or, worse with a loss. No for both.

But, "fight tigers, fight ###^it, fight, fight, fight" !!

Jan 7, 2019, 4:07 PM

My wife is the same. Go Tigers! Great Season (again) win or lose. Great to be a Tiger.

Jan 7, 2019, 9:17 AM

Great post! I think we win tonight but win or lose, let’s do it with class.

Go Tigers!

Jan 7, 2019, 11:55 AM

Believe or not, but every time I feel sorry for myself bc of the physical condition that I'm in, and will remain in for the rest of my time, I will tell myself that I'm selfish bc there are millions that have it much worse than I do, and a lot of them don't even have a place to sleep at night or a hot meal to eat. That reminds me to thank God for what I have, and that I'm lucky just to be me....

Jan 7, 2019, 12:43 PM

Well said! Let's keep it in perspective!

Jan 7, 2019, 2:15 PM

Wonderful post... GO TIGERS!

what a great Post!

Jan 7, 2019, 2:31 PM

Regardless of the score , we have already won! It’s about the journey, not the end.

Amen - Getting old is normally no fun but look around

Jan 7, 2019, 3:19 PM

I haven't been to a Clemson home game in several years but I did make it to the ACC Championship game as a Christmas present from my daughter. For years I was there for every home game but due to outplacement that became one expense that I had to cut out. I remember the feeling I would get watching the pre-game festivities and waiting for the team to run down the hill. I have often said that feeling was that I was closer to God than almost any other time except during church. I would look around and thank the Big Man for allowing me to have the ability and funds to be part of such a spectacle. I truly felt blessed. Now I am no longer able to make the trek from the parking lot to the stadium and then climb to the top deck of Death Valley and there is no way for me to afford tickets in the lower deck. I have thought about trying to get some in the handicap section but that I still more than I can physically handle.

So while you go to the games or watch them on TV remember how blessed you are to be a small part of something so special. Take the 3.5 hours to engage in something special, forget about your problems and remember that unless you are a player or coach there is nothing you control over the outcome so don't worry about it, just enjoy the journey. Once the game is over then realize how blessed you are to be able to just watch or listen tot he game, as the original poster reminded us that there are so many people that for one reason or another are unable to even think about the game. This year I really didn't care about our game with Georgia Southern because I was just getting over emergency surgery for a perforated ulcer, just thankful that the doctors were able to stay awake at 1 in the morning to cut and sew on me.

Enjoy the game, cheer for the Tigers, celebrate or whatever you want to do, just remember that if you are able to do that then you are blessed. Recognize that you are special in being able to do it and be a part of it. But remember that you are in a small minority group of people able to do that and in the end it is a game. Win or lose the world will keep on turning and there will be more games and chances to celebrate. But for some people what they are betting on is not a game and if they lose the world stops turning form them. Compare the two and remember that when you watch the game either in person or on TV you are in a comparatively small elite group being able to do that and there are millions of people that would love to experience what you are taking for granted.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2019, 3:38 PM

Great post

GO TIGERS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now I regret firing Tommy Bowden. Sigh...***

Jan 7, 2019, 3:41 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they wouldn't keep score if it didn't matter***

Jan 7, 2019, 6:59 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic