Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Probably a dumb question, but the ACC network is supposed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Probably a dumb question, but the ACC network is supposed

Jan 17, 2019, 8:01 PM

to debut this fall. So, what's the difference between this new ACC network, and the ACC network that the Clemson women are playing on right now, and the numerous other ACC network games we have see the past few years?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Probably a dumb question, but the ACC network is supposed

Jan 17, 2019, 8:04 PM

With Johnny Swafford in on it think of Raycom sports on steroids.. rumor is they are messing with some new fangled digital signal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 8:07 PM

ACC network right now is played on another channel. The new network will be in the ACC Channel

mercy

So,it will be it's own stand alone channel like SEC, I guess

Jan 17, 2019, 8:15 PM

So, other than the games, we should have the other stuff. Hopefully, programming that's better than some of the SEC stuff, like Finebum,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is a dedicated, linear cable network.

Jan 17, 2019, 8:15 PM

The current model is a hybrid syndicated broadcast network, in which the ACC has sold the rights to their tier 1, 2 & 3 rights. ESPN retains the tier 1 games to be broadcast on their family of linear channels (with their in-house production) and sells the tier 2 games to syndication partners Raycom & Fox Sports Net (RSN) - who are responsible for their production and sale of distribution. Tier 3 is currently broadcast on the ACC Plus digital platform (prior to the announcement of the ACC Network, each institution had their own tier 3 deal).

The new model will house all tier 2 & 3 games on a linear network that is a partnership between the conference and ESPN - with tier 3 content still largely streamed over ACC Plus. Each of the schools have had to invest (anywhere from $7MM to $11MM) in on-campus broadcast centers, with a minimum of 4 live control rooms (to allow for the broadcast of 2 simultaneous events, as well as give the capability to run the feeds for the in-stadium broadcast), each with the ability to process HD feeds. All of these mandatory minimums were born out of the SEC Network's experience - as there are schools that still don't have full HD capabilities. ESPN has stated that having the infrastructure in place, allows for their teams to add more extras to a broadcast - because they are constantly moving in a truck(s) for the nuts and bolts of the standard broadcast.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the info!***

Jan 17, 2019, 8:44 PM

Re: Thanks for the info!***

Jan 17, 2019, 8:51 PM

Too technical for 8:45 P. I lost him at hybrid. ??

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best explanation I've seen so far. Do you know if this mean

Jan 17, 2019, 10:37 PM [ in reply to It is a dedicated, linear cable network. ]

all ACC football games will be broadcast somehow on a cable network through some combination of espn, the Raycom/RSN combo (Which I figure will be the ACC Network) and some type of ACC alternate? That would be for the FCS games like the SEC shows, but at least it would still be on tv instead of having to sit at the computer to watch it. Thanks for any insight.

Jan 17, 2019, 9:56 PM

I would like to think they will have 21st century technology. Now that we're used to HD, the picture on the current ACC network sometimes looks like something from the 70's.

Jan 17, 2019, 10:50 PM

After waiting an entire lifetime to watch clemson football on regular TV every Saturday those without tickets will now have to subscribe to the channel. That’s the whole of the sum

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC channel will be like eSECpn SEC channel...

Jan 17, 2019, 11:26 PM

...except a lot more emphasis on basketball in the state of North Carolina. A bunch of Dook and Chapple Hole goobers will be calling in with Sara's Excuse not far behind.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic