Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ross Article
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Ross Article

Apr 2, 2019, 11:59 AM

Pretty interesting article about Mr. Ross. Sounds like he has a pretty solid support system.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828855-already-a-pro-talent-clemson-superstar-justyn-ross-willing-to-wait-for-payday

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ross Article

Apr 2, 2019, 12:19 PM

Besides the transfer portal now we have the xfl to worry about. Any player that thinks they should start but needs more time will be less likely to respond positively to the coaches

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Apr 2, 2019, 2:11 PM

Now that's a little scary to think that he was that close to leaving school if not for his strong Mom! I can sure see how an 18 yr old teen without strong support could say, "this is too hard"!

Apr 2, 2019, 2:14 PM

the fact that he's willing to wait for the nfl payday demonstrates he's mature way beyond his years,and on another level explains why he chose CU instead of alabama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Thanks for interesting read ...

Apr 2, 2019, 2:23 PM

In Ross’ case, TL16 is the only QB rated ahead of him who will enhance his NFL value exponentially. JR8 is such a talent - for him to stay at Clemson, progress to a degree at some point (even post career), rack up catches and build fundamentals with TL16, and make lifetime friends is a win-win he won’t get in XFL Town, USA.

For others, the XFL will be a draw.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for posting Blurred . . .

Apr 2, 2019, 2:34 PM

Best line in the article:
"Besides, my mom isn't going to let me leave college without my degree."

While reading the article, one thought kept bouncing around in this empty noggin, "Dabo doesn't just recruit the student."

He is keen and well versed about the family, the support group, past coaches and Sunday School Teachers . . . I think we would be amazed at everything he considers and all the boxes that are checked before he makes the offer.

Excellent article!!! Well worth the read!!!

Thanks for staying Ross, Thanks for loving him mom!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The AAF is suspending all football operations

Apr 2, 2019, 3:22 PM

That ship is going down before it lost sight of land. Do we really think the XFL will be any different? This revitalization of developmental leagues has been a disaster, despite a brief but promising start. I wouldn't be surprised if the XFL never gets going after seeing what's happening with the AAF.

Either way, love Ross' view on it. Great kid, great player. Glad he stuck it out after seeing that Clemson doesn't hand anybody playing time on a silver platter.

Short-sighted article, very slanted

Apr 2, 2019, 6:53 PM

Yeah, the anecdotes about Ross & family are nice.

But the author doesn't think about any other factors outside of getting directly handed a paycheck, and it's also clear they aren't really in-tune with college football in general for that matter.

Where would a young, talented kid out of high school get better development - at a premier college program with unlimited staff & resources to aid him & a group of his peers along the way? Or a 2nd-rate organization of rag-tag former pros & coaches, young prospects getting taken advantage of by "handlers" & "mentors," and the inevitable lowlife agents ready to pounce on these kids as soon as they sign that contract?

Apr 2, 2019, 9:11 PM

WoW!!!

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic