Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tip of the hat to JudgeKeller for making a stand for Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Tip of the hat to JudgeKeller for making a stand for Clemson

Mar 9, 2019, 2:23 PM

Basketball on this bored.

I appreciate you standing up to the haters and reactionary posters.

Maybe this works out and maybe it doesn't but its not over yet.

Thanks, Judge.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

which whiner TDed this? Must kill you to see us back in the

Mar 9, 2019, 2:34 PM

NCAA again huh? If only we'd hired Bruce Pearl or Will Wade

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

triggered cowards***

Mar 9, 2019, 3:00 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, CM. NP, as all my other TD's are for defending Dabo

Mar 9, 2019, 3:25 PM [ in reply to which whiner TDed this? Must kill you to see us back in the ]

back in the old days of his tenure. I couldn't stand the hate even though the fat lady had yet to sing her final song.

I pretty much stopped posting regularly back then, but occasionally I still have to chime in.

Goes with the territory...

Go Tigers!

Thanks, clemson_native! That means a lot!

Mar 9, 2019, 2:41 PM

Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I agree

Mar 9, 2019, 2:50 PM

Re: I agree

Mar 9, 2019, 2:51 PM

The players obviously like and respect CBB.

Mar 9, 2019, 2:57 PM

People who understand how challenging it is to recruit basketball players to Clemson and who understand basketball, routinely thank God for Coach Brownell. He is a top coach and knows more basketball than most ACC and SEC coaches. Wish folks would leave him alone.

Mar 9, 2019, 3:03 PM

There were plenty of reasons to complain about his past results, but that is the past and he has seemed to have turned the corner last year. Making the tournament this year should take most of the criticism away. That will be impressive making it back to back. I wouldn't be surprised if we made the Sweet 16 again, if we get in.

Mar 10, 2019, 11:37 AM

Carlsbad® said:

Making the tournament this year should take most of the criticism away.

I love it, and I know that you are serious but, it will take the BB haters a lot longer with continuous NCAA tournaments before they will ever give him a break with the hate!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2019, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree ]

Recruiting would be easier if there wasn't so much cheating still going on. Travel basketball, shoe companies, and street agents have killed fairness in basketball.

Re: Tip of the hat to JudgeKeller for making a stand for Clemson

Mar 9, 2019, 3:17 PM

2 things I am not sure everyone has taken into consideration is how much DeVoe meant to the team and how much better the ACC is this year but still the Tigers are even in conference play with a shot at the tourney . They played a great game against a North Carolina team that could win it all. I think Brownell has done a good job this year jmo.

Mar 9, 2019, 4:35 PM

I agree. Get face shot here for supporting him if we don’t win so I am glad to get the win. CBB is much better than he gets credit for. The players respect the heck out of him and that says a lot with some of the downs this season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2019, 3:25 PM

Thanks judge!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2019, 5:53 PM

Gave you a TU to even it out..

Here's to Judge!

Mar 10, 2019, 1:56 PM

Wouldn't want to face him with a speeding ticket.

Go Tigers! Beat State!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2019, 5:10 PM

I don't recall my posting anything positive, negative or indifferent during the basketball season. Yesterday was the only game I have attended in Littlejohn all year. A summary of our game in the first half would not bring smiles to any of our faces, but, in no way could that have been placed at the feet of Brownell. There were miscues, there was effort and the basket always seemed to be in the wrong place.

The second half was an entirely different game. The effort was still there but there were less miscues and the location of the basket was now in the right place. The flow of the game seemed to be smoothed out and it was if we had played two entirely different games. I don't know if the difference can be credited to Brownell or the team, but I do know that it takes both to achieve success.

Over the years, one of the chief criticisms about our basketball coach at Clemson is his inability to recruit. As someone has posted above, the ability to recruit to Clemson is to compete against a system that is corrupt, a system that is counter to principles we espouse. The problem is amplified because the NCAA appears to endorse this corruption by doing nothing or meting out meaningless punishment when cases are brought to their attention.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2019, 10:08 PM

your last sentence nailed it.i know i'm a broken record,but it's the ncaa that ought to be investigated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 10, 2019, 10:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Tip of the hat to JudgeKeller for making a stand for Clemson ]

Totally agree with your post, especially with the last paragraph. I'm very thankful we dodged the "Will Wade" bullet.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One more TU for the HOF***

Mar 10, 2019, 10:44 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic