Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thanks Trump!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 417

Thanks Trump!!!

Jun 10, 2019, 5:53 PM

https://www.postandcourier.com/business/longtime-sc-distributor-of-guns-other-outdoor-goods-is-bankrupt/article_9f682f2c-8b9e-11e9-8446-b7dbc0003fa3.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks Trump!!!

Jun 10, 2019, 6:02 PM

Speculation didn’t kill them, single digit margins and overhead killed them. Same as Gander mountain which is doomed to fail again

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are a tragedy of the fed increasing rates from

Jun 10, 2019, 6:19 PM

0 to 2.25%. SO MANY companies are leveraged into zero-interest (or near zero interest) debt that they are just not profitable with 2, 3, 4% interest rates. The relative damage to our economy from a 2 point rise in interest rates today is probably more than a 5% increase in rates in 1981.

Wall Street just posted a record week on the worst week of economic data since Trump became President. Coincidence? Nope.

We're painted into a corner. So was Ellett Brothers. You're making a 5% profit leveraged with 3% debt. That debt interest goes up to 6% and your interest approaches 10% and your 5% profit margin disappears and you're broke. SO few people understand a company that's "profitable" with debt serviced at 4% or whatever, is suddenly bankrupt at 8%. And for their rates to double, the fed only has to increase rates from 1% to 2%, or 1.5% to 2.5%. Depending on the debt load, MANY companies can not withstand 4-6% interest rates by the fed, which has happened many times before. That's how bad we're beholden to debt. That's why we have illegal immigrants, and ###### trade deals, a stagnant economy, no longer a production economy, and flat wages (adjusted for inflation) for DECADES NOW.

If Trump made our trade deficit disappear and stopped all illegal immigrants from working in the US, inflation would skyrocket, rates would skyrocket, and we'd be BROKE. Federal government, student loans, 30-year fixed mortgages, and anything with an adjustable rate. And those fixed rates...well, whoever holds debt fixed at 4% or less on a mortgage is not on steady ground. The LENDER, that is. Fannie and Freddie would break in half. 5%+ inflation would make the 2007 housing crash seem like a picnic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They are a tragedy of the fed increasing rates from

Jun 11, 2019, 8:43 AM

Remember, when a 17 year old borrows money to go to college and has problems servicing that debt, they are an irresponsible turd who should have to suffer forever for their own mistake.

So these companies should rot for loading up on cheap debt that they absolutely knew would not last forever, right?

Or do you think if there's a corporate debt crisis, we might find a way to bail them out?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Today a 17 year old CAN BORROW money for college

Jun 11, 2019, 10:50 AM

Do you think in the past, when inflation was 4-6% and interest rates were 6-10% that a 17 year old could even get a college loan? Part of the increase in college costs are from the ease of access to debt (loans) by kids. With low rates, the kid can afford to service a higher debt load, hence the college can charge higher tuition and fees. Same reason housing is so expensive now too. No way in #### I could afford my house with a 6-8% mortgage. But 4% gets me more house, and more debt, but I can pay it off easier. It's fixed which is my only consolation.

Now cars have not increased in cost as much as other things because car loans charge a higher APR, because cars don't last that long, relatively speaking. Same for credit cards. But even with cars, they're climbing in price because loans are being stretched to 60-80 months or more.

And the key to all this "great" economic development is keeping wages FLAT. And cheap Chinese goods and illegal domestic labor both assist greatly with that.

Re: They are a tragedy of the fed increasing rates from

Jun 11, 2019, 12:00 PM [ in reply to They are a tragedy of the fed increasing rates from ]

###? The fed changing rates doesn't change the interest rate on pre-existing debt.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks Trump!!!

Jun 10, 2019, 7:38 PM

"United Sporting Co. said its prediction that the Democrats would take back the White House in 2016 hurt its firearms business."

Wow, Dems didn't even win and their to blame.

My guess is bad management and gun buyers taking their business elsewhere.

(If anything, the prediction of a Dem. winning the WH should have spurred a buying spree 'cause Dems are gonna take erybody's guns)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The prediction was demand would be higher if Hillary won

Jun 11, 2019, 8:19 AM

They overstocked, market tanked when Trump won. They're sol. Makes sense. But there's probably other things they screwed up too.

'overstocked'....pun intended?***

Jun 11, 2019, 12:49 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 417
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic