Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers in Pros Week 5
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,989

Tigers in Pros Week 5

Oct 6, 2019, 8:25 PM

Since few people saw last week's post, I am doing it a little earlier this week. I will update it after the Chiefs/Colts game.

Star, without a doubt, Watson!!! Record setting day! Mentions to Jarrett, Hopkins, Reeder, Dex, and as always, Pinion.

Chiefs
S. Watkins, 0 for 0, 0 tgt, 0; O'Daniel, 0; Breeland, 0 tkls, 0 solo, 0 pd, 0
Colts
Cain, 0 for 0, 0 tgts
Falcons
Beasley, 3 tkls, 1 solo, 1 tfl; Jarrett 7 tkls, 5 solo, 1 tfl
Texans
Watson, 28 of 33, 426 yds, 5 tds, 0 sacks, 158.3 rating, 4 carries for 47 yds, 2 fumb zero lost; Hopkins, 7 rec, 88 yds, 8 tgts; Reeder 4 tkl, 3 solo, 1 sack, 1 tfl, 1 qbhit; Carlos Watkins, 0
Oakland
Renfrow, 1 for 12, 5 tgts; Ferrell, 0; Mullen, 0
Titans
Humphries, 4 for 30, 6 tgts, 2 pr 2yds
Vikings
Jay Kearse, 0; Mack Alexander, 0
Bills
Shaq Lawson, 0
NY Giants
Gallman 2 for 14; D Lawrence, 5 tkl, 3 solo, 1 sack, 1 tfl, 1 qbhit
Chargers
Mike Williams, 6 for 74 yds, 13 tgts
Tampa
Pinion 6 punts for 43.8 avg
Dolphins DNP
Wilkins, 0
Seahawks
Jaron Brown, 2 for 36, 4 tgts, 1 lost fumb
Panthers
Ray Ray 1 PR, 3 yds, 2 KR 39 yds
Jaguars
Shatley, 0; Brandon Thomas, 0
Packers
BJ Goodson, 3 tkls, 2 solo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tigers in Pros Week 5

Oct 6, 2019, 8:30 PM

It is amazing what Watson can do when he is not laying on his back after a sack! Maybe this game will tell the Texans how important that QB protection is and try to trade for some OL help!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2019, 9:06 PM

You obviously didn’t watch the game nor do you have any concept of the Texans O-line.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2019, 9:11 PM

Referring to the 6 sacks last week, and the zero sacks this week...and the difference in production this week!!! Please don't jump to wrong conclusions!

Oct 6, 2019, 9:49 PM

If you had watched the game you’d realize that the line isn’t the problem and that the problem last week was Watson holding the ball for too long which is why you didn’t hear people calling the Texans out last Sunday

Oct 6, 2019, 10:42 PM

Thanks as always For posting this.

Was curious since I didn’t get to watch it, was that Renfrow from last week or this week. I see he had 1 catch and 5 targets... how many of those targets were catchable? Is he getting the separation like he used to?
Thanks.

Ferrell is in concussion protocol right?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2019, 11:26 PM

I generally do not watch the games...I always watch college, but seldom pros. For years, I always have spent Sunday night checking to see how the tiger players did on that Sunday. For years, I have looked at tnet for other info. Since I finally decided to pay, I just figured why not post it? The only difference is that now I write it down. Which takes a lot more time to do. Especially with how many tiger players in the pros now!

So, for those who took the comment about the Texans the wrong way...I did NOT watch the game, so I apologize if I am wrong. If Watson is holding the ball too long, why is that? The line has allowed 18 sacks in four games this year...that can't all be Watson's fault. Only two other QBs have had more sacks, 19 and 20.

Kerigantoo - last week, Renfrow was 2 for 18 with 3 tgts, this week, 1 for 12 and five tgts...I think the stats should show whether the misses were the throw or the catch, but they don't, so unless you see the game, it is just guesswork. Maybe someone who has watched the game can let us know (which is one of the reasons I posts this).Yes, I did hear where Ferrell was in CP.

Oct 6, 2019, 11:51 PM

It’s not all of Watson’s fault but at least 10-12 of those sacks are on him because he holds the ball for so long at times. I’ve been a fan of the Texans for years before Deshaun came to Houston and so I just get fed up with those on the board that only look at stats and try to blame everything on every other player. I guess I was a little aggressive with my response to you and that’s my bad lol. There’s just a lot of frustration with other people on this board.

Oct 7, 2019, 10:54 AM

I rarely catch more than highlights but I have never been sure about the knock on Watson of holding the ball too long. With most of the lines that he has been behind, he would have been throwing it away every 3rd play. Sometimes in that case you just have to take a chance. Yes he has taken a lot of negative plays, but often times he has made a positive play that wouldn't have occurred had he gotten rid of it.

Oct 7, 2019, 8:18 AM

Thanks for the stats!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gallman was knocked out with a concussion***

Oct 7, 2019, 10:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks - didn't know that...***

Oct 7, 2019, 11:14 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gallman was knocked out with a concussion***

Oct 7, 2019, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Gallman was knocked out with a concussion*** ]

Thanks for the input...this is what this post is designed to do...let others know what is happening to our players.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,989
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic