Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Texas A&M is really on the rise
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Texas A&M is really on the rise

Jul 4, 2019, 2:06 PM

Their recruiting is picking up.

4* ‘21 QB Eli Stowers was a great get.

Their 5* ‘20 WR Demond Demas is super legit. He has the most insane vertical leap ability I’ve ever seen.

Glad this is our last go around with them, and happy the coots can look forward to more guaranteed L’s!!!

https://twitter.com/bartonsimmons/status/1145806852757889024?s=21

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Texas A&M is really on the rise

Jul 4, 2019, 2:16 PM

Jimbo was always in the top 5 in recruiting at FSU. But FSU's performance didn't always match their recruiting. I think Jimbo is willing to take the trouble kids that Dabo, for example, would pass on. I don't doubt TAMU is on the rise. But I think top 5 or 10 recruiting won't necessarily lead to a top 5 or 10 team.

Do they have crab legs in college station

Jul 4, 2019, 4:32 PM

if so this could be an off field issue

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not with Jimbp there.

Jul 4, 2019, 2:19 PM

I saw his negotiating face when his FSU players screwed up and came to the sideline to him. It's only a matter of time...

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Jul 4, 2019, 2:20 PM

So you're saying we'll soon be beating them in the NCG instead of Alabama ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

In 5-10 years you never know (post Saban)***

Jul 4, 2019, 2:29 PM

Jul 4, 2019, 2:27 PM

Jimbo can recruit and coach FB, but he is lost when it comes to helping his guys to build acceptable character, he absolutely fails his players in the part of becoming a respectable rounded FB player!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2019, 3:41 PM

Care to give a few examples of this beyond Winston?

Jul 4, 2019, 5:57 PM

Name any one of the Post Winston FSU QBs besides Jimbos last at FSU. All those guys left FSU for very good reasons (off the field).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2019, 8:34 PM

Who, and what?

Jul 7, 2019, 2:03 AM

Malik Henry was an absolute #######, that other QB (can’t remember his name) got booted for the video of him punching that girl in the bar, Francois got arrested for weed and I think also had a domestic dispute problem.... need any more???

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2019, 3:21 PM

Jimbo is the very poster child of what is wrong with College HC's, along with Urban. Neither care about character or grades as long as they can ball and have4+* ratings.

Jul 4, 2019, 4:36 PM

I hope Jimbo turns the SEC upside down and that TAMU becomes the top dog in the SEC. Be sort of neat if TAMU and Mizzou repeatedly met for the SEC title.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2019, 7:33 PM

And Clemson kicked both their behinds in the Natty.

Jul 4, 2019, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Texas A&M is really on the rise ]

Proof please.

Jul 4, 2019, 8:32 PM

If u went to the A@M game this year and seen College Station, it would be very evident why they will soon be very successful.

They have all the money coming in they'll ever need. Facilities are awesome. Very passionate and hungry fanbase.

Before the Clemson game, they honored 2 A@M grads this year. One was a Exxon exec. and the other was a Saudi prince descendant who graduated from A@M.

They'll soon overtake Alabama and Jimbo is a dang good X and O's coach

Jul 4, 2019, 9:06 PM

Yes, it's been reported/stated/discussed (blogs & various INA's )that there have been multiple middle eastern donors to TAMU & tracking these sources a difficult task. Following, it was alleged that some of the donations were a bridge(not the lone, merely the 1st) to terrorist cells within US.

Jul 5, 2019, 7:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Texas A&M is really on the rise ]

I do think they are building towards something huge as well. IMO when Saban retires, pencil Alabama in for at least a loss or two every year, and then some level of decline. No one stays that dominant forever. The West will be Ripe for the taking by the #2 team, and going by trends, that appears to be A&M.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2019, 7:58 AM

With Jimbo at the helm, they will become the next thug U. He will always put winning above character and will leave the program as broken as FSU.

Jul 5, 2019, 8:13 AM

Every time I see Jimbo being interviewed he looks like a homeless meth head or just coming off a 3 day drunk. Man has no morals or ethics, him and Urban are 2 peas in a pod.

Jul 5, 2019, 8:31 AM

Yeah, I think Jimbo will do well at A&M. It is going to make it all the more painful when he leaves College Station in 3-5 years. He will make a small splash now but realistically it will not last long term... and if it does, he is leaving to more Crimson pastures.

But here is the other issue....
Jimbo was 14-10 in his last 3 seasons (in ACC play). Dabo was 16-8... in his first 3 full seasons. There is no doubt that Jimbo can come out swinging and hit it, but it seems like he can't sustain it well. There should be no excuse of having a worse record that an brand-spankin' new coach rebuilding a mid-tier program after winning a Natty and a playoff appearance. Then again, even after 2014, Clemson folks knew (or should have known) they had the better coach. Jimbo is a great coach, no doubt, but his strength is riding outstanding talent (that is not a knock, most coaches can't do that) but to hold onto great teams you must develop and that is something that Jimbo lacks, expecially dealing with those better players.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic