Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tell us how it’s done Judge Keller.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Tell us how it’s done Judge Keller.

Apr 27, 2019, 2:46 AM

Judge has an answer to this. Judge seems to always have an answer even if it means throwing another Clemson athletic program under the bus.

Judge Keller, please tell us how it really is. Guessing women’s basketball and Golf must be free game too in your attempt to protect and draw equivalency to any transgressions of any Clemson program whether it’s valid or not. Did Amanda Butler start a preschoolers prostitute ring??? Sounds like something you’d bite on if out there.

Don’t let facts get in the way Judge. You never do. Just keep plowing forward with any notion that protects this staff, and don’t let unproven facts about the university you purportedly support get in the way. Just plow ahead. Show us all how it’s done Judge. You’ll win hearts and minds.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tell us how it’s done Judge Keller.

Apr 27, 2019, 6:42 AM

He already has but your attention span was too short so you missed it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tell us how it’s done Judge Keller.

Apr 27, 2019, 6:51 AM

Lol calling out Keller is a classy move. Teenagers shouldn't be allowed on the board before school.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are you talking about?

Apr 27, 2019, 2:00 PM

I have never thrown any of our programs under the bus.

My question surrounding the Steve Smith issue with Zion's recruitment was this: why are Clemson fans using that situation to criticize our entire basketball program, when we don't even have all of the facts yet? Consider:

1. What we know regarding Smith was in a series of tweets, not an official news release from the FBI or NCAA.
2. They may or may not have played the entire conversation involving Smith being recorded, but they probably did not.
3. We do not know the context of Smith's conversation.
4. We do not know if Smith offered any money to Zion, his family, etc.
5. If he did, we do not know how much it was or who might've been providing the money.
6. We do not know if any money changed hands.
7. We do not know if anyone else on our basketball staff knew about this.

I get it, everyone is mad at Smith. I am too. I think he should be fired. But the vitriol about this from most of our fans isn't because he might've been doing something illegal, or might put our basketball program in a bad position, but because he mentioned our football program.

Rather than waiting on all of the facts, Clemson fans (or supposed fans) are using this situation to call for Brad and the entire basketball program to be fired. They say that because it (whatever it actually is - we don't know yet) happened on his watch, he is responsible whether he knew about it or not, and should be fired. This is a huge overreaction by people who don't have all of the facts.

I simply asked the question: why are the same people who are rushing to judgment and assuming that our basketball coaches are guilty unless proven innocent, also the ones who steadfastly stood by our football players and coaches when illegal substances were found in three players' urine? Obviously the two situations aren't exactly the same, but the commonalities are that possible illegal activity occurred involving Clemson sports, and fans had limited information. The difference is that football coaches who were very likely not involved have gotten the benefit of the doubt (as they should), while Clemson basketball coaches who were also likely not involved did not get the benefit of the doubt. I have a huge problem with that.

Why can't our fans support all Clemson coaches and student-athletes, regardless of the sport, unless given a valid reason not to, simply because they represent our beloved university?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Says the guy that continually makes backhanded

Apr 27, 2019, 2:03 PM

comments in regards to our football program....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Are you a conspiracy theorist? Paranoid?

Apr 27, 2019, 2:10 PM

I love our football program. I am very proud of the success we have had on and off the field. Dabo and his staff have done an excellent job. I don't have anything bad to say about it.

Do I think some of our fans prioritize football to a fault? Yes, but then again, football is our main sport and I understand not wanting to jeopardize its current position. It doesn't mean that we can't be great in both football and basketball though.

I have never made backhanded comments about our football program. I didn't create the ostarine situation, but I am certainly allowed to comment on it since it happened and was public information.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Are you a conspiracy theorist? Paranoid?***

Apr 27, 2019, 2:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic