Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tell me again, kindly please, why Unc got off & Mo didn’t for educational fraud.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Tell me again, kindly please, why Unc got off & Mo didn’t for educational fraud.

Jan 31, 2019, 6:02 PM

Listening..while wrapped up in my warm Baby Blue blankie with a stiff Rum/Coke & my Orange Tiger PAW shirt on 4 good luck.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry Bill, no kindly way to put it.***

Jan 31, 2019, 6:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 words: JOHN SWOFFORD...Captain Corruption***

Jan 31, 2019, 6:08 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tell me again, kindly please, why Unc got off & Mo didn’t for educational fraud.

Jan 31, 2019, 6:12 PM

Simple, it is the money UNC generates in BB.

Bad as I hate to admit it

Jan 31, 2019, 6:14 PM

Setting up fake classes/degrees isn't quite the same as actually cheating for real grades and real classes.

UNCheat should have lost their accreditation over what they did. Loophole let them out with the NCAA because they only cover real classes LOL

Correct, it’s not the same ... it’s a LOT worse.

Jan 31, 2019, 8:16 PM

Getting a free “A” in a fake class to stay eligible with no effort whatsoever is much more egregious than receiving help to cheat in an actual class for the same purpose.

And even if it could be argued that both violations are equal, both are impermissible benefits and should carry the same penalty.

Setting up fake classes is an accreditation issue, but enrolling in them and never doing any work while receiving an “A” is an obvious NCAA violation. It’s cheating, pure and simple.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unpermissable benefits went out the window

Jan 31, 2019, 10:30 PM

when UNCheat proved that other students were in the fake classes.

UNCheat should have faced a far worse penalty in losing their accreditation , but, as of yet, that gonerning body is lettingh them slide.Losing accreditation would have them ineligible to compete in any NCAA event and render all UNCheat Degrees useless.

Re: Bad as I hate to admit it

Jan 31, 2019, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Bad as I hate to admit it ]

Because the Heels colored their own pictures while other people did Missouri's math.

C-O-R-R-U-P-T-I-O-N***

Jan 31, 2019, 6:15 PM

Re: Tell me again, kindly please, why Unc got off & Mo didn’t for educational fraud.

Jan 31, 2019, 6:15 PM

I posted this in another thread:

A tutor doing the work is "Academic Fraud". That is an NCAA violation.
Bogus classes (approved by the administration) and open to all is not an NCAA violation.

Carolina (the real one) was charged with an "Extra Benefits" charge. Jay Bilas, an attorney on Finebaum show said NCAA thought that Carolina would cave and accept the charge. They didn't, and spent a gazillion dollars to fight it. NCAA didn't have enough lawyers to fight their weak charge.
Is it garbage that they got out of it? Absolutely.

In my mind, Carolina should be punished by the ACC as "conduct unbecoming", since the NCAA didn't get 'em. Defintiely puts a stink on the ACC academics.

Jan 31, 2019, 6:58 PM

What UNC did was worse and how the NCAA couldnt interpret the spirit of their rules to find UNC guilty of lack of institutional control is beyond me. All the NCAA had to do was threaten every other school they would not disburse as much money the next year because they would be paying to fight UNC in court. That would've forced all other schools to get together and demand UNC cave. The NCAA got schooled by the cheaters. I find it amusing/annoying listening to people say they didn't 'technically' break the rules. Another way to think about is this. What if UNC told the NCAA they we're creating bogus classes for everyone at the school and those classes did not actually require any work of the students. Would the NCAA have allowed UNC to play any players who took those classes? Doubt it.

Jan 31, 2019, 7:38 PM

That would have been the proper way to face them down but NCAA has no interest in that.

Jan 31, 2019, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Tell me again, kindly please, why Unc got off & Mo didn’t for educational fraud. ]

Correct. Basically UNC had an indiscriminately easy path where Mizzou was blatantly helping athletes. At the end of the day the NCAA isn't an academic body and cannot judge a university based on their academic standards. If they did it would get them in A HUGE pickle as they would then be forced to analyze ALL CURRICULUM for every school under their rule. That's a large undertaking. UNC could also have argued that not all school meet their competitors academic level. For example the SEC and BIG are filled with schools for dummies. Why would the NCAA be allowed to say a major UNC has is unworthy when lets say USCjr has 30 majors that are vastly inferior to many of UNC's? UNC probably threatened to sue for discrimination and would have had a good case.

I think it was accidental but honestly they were cheating smarter than harder.

I heard it was because

Jan 31, 2019, 6:47 PM

UNCheat fought it all the way, denied and was uncooperative. Maybe some threat to boot about a lawsuit against the NCAA. Whereas, Mizzou fully cooperated to the point where they actually helped root out the source of the problem and fully acknowledged there was factually a problem.

Lesson learned: deny, deny, deny & threaten, threaten, threaten & never cooperate.

Just a guess...

Jan 31, 2019, 7:25 PM

but the $EC Commissioned probably wasn't personally involved in the appeal process on behalf of Mizzou and he likely didn't assist with the payoffs and bribes to the NCAA investigators like Swofford did for UNCheat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 31, 2019, 7:47 PM

UNC produces lots of lawyers.... who then become judges and politicians... nuff said

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Jan 31, 2019, 7:49 PM

because the REAL fraud is the NCAA.......they are the ones who should be investigated for corruption, bribery, money laundering, collusion just to name a few......and that UNCheat verdict is all the proof we need of the corruption going on over there.....just unreal....Go Tigers!!!!!

Jan 31, 2019, 7:55 PM

Lawyers, ESPN and what so many not including me consider the best rivalry in sports between UNCheat and Dook. In other words, $$$$$$$$

BECAUSE....................

Jan 31, 2019, 8:08 PM

The NCAA is made up of - and led by - a master crook & his gang of slithering, slimeball snakes & chicken-sheet grafters & pimps.

They dishonor everything they touch and don't have one moral cell in their thieving, prostituded bodies.

As for the ACC's Swofford, haven't we had enough of this swine UNC homer?

The next ACC commish should have no connection whatsoever - ZERO - with any ACC school. Otherwise the office will always be a biased, prejudicial tainted embarrassment & laughingstock like it's been under the sleezy reign of Swofford.

If Swofford ever DOES leave the ACC, he'll undoubtedly be hired immediately by the NCAA. He's their kind of worm.

UNCheat had much better attorneys! And Bill, why are you

Jan 31, 2019, 8:21 PM

under a Tarhole baby blue blanket?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stirring that pot again LOL***

Jan 31, 2019, 8:23 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2019, 8:27 PM

Another unanswered question: Why would they even bother to cheat at a non-revenue sport like softball?

Because That Bastion of Education

Jan 31, 2019, 8:29 PM

allowed the whole student body to take fake classes and there was no athletic preference.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Because That Bastion of Education

Jan 31, 2019, 8:48 PM

UNC out-lawyered the NCAA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$$$$$$$$, $$$$$$$, and more $$$$$$

Feb 1, 2019, 3:14 AM

It’s All About The Benjamins

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic