Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Teams Oklahoma played and Total D rankings vs Clemson's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Teams Oklahoma played and Total D rankings vs Clemson's

Dec 17, 2015, 11:56 AM

Not sure why everyone thinks OU has a great Offense. They have not played against very good D's all year. If Clemson played their schedule they would probably have over 600 yards per game easy.

Akron 17th
Tennessee 46th
Tulsa 125th
West Virginia 55th
Texas 107th
Kansas State 100th
Texas Tech 126th
Kansas 127th
Iowa State 108th
Baylor 59th
TCU 66th
Oklahoma State 95th

Oklahoma played these teams and finished with the #7 Total Offense with 542.9 Yards per game

Clemson played the following teams and finished with the #12 Total Offense with 510.6 Yards per game

Wofford FCS
App State 12th
Louisville 13th
Notre Dame 38th
Georgia Tech 44th
Boston College 1st
Miami 76th
NC State 19th
FSU 15th
Syracuse 99th
Wake Forest 39th
South Carolina 96th
UNC 79th

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People keep posting these types of stats, but

Dec 17, 2015, 12:00 PM

these are grossly inaccurate when you don't have a round robin format. Clearly, with 128 teams, we don't.
Think about the "SEC defenses" the year LSU and Bama played for the Natty. Was the SEC really that good, or did the SEC offenses just suck?

They will be a good offense and difficult to stop if they get rolling. We need our D to play like the 1st 6 games defense we saw... and I think they will. I expect our D to have their best performance of the season in this game. They will still give up points, but the play will be solid.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I just want to WIN THE GAME! 15/#4/15***

Dec 17, 2015, 1:37 PM

Re: Teams Oklahoma played and Total D rankings vs Clemson's

Dec 17, 2015, 12:01 PM

I feel the same way. I really do have a good feeling about our game plan going into the bowl game. With rested players we should add a totally different team then we seen the last three games.

I think the big 12 is more centered around offense play makers. Not so much defense. They really haven't faced a stout defense all year and just like the ACC is a defensive conference. Defense wins championships just like in our last game.

Go tigers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok fine, so do you truly believe that Akron is the best

Dec 17, 2015, 12:04 PM

defense Oklahoma played this year?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

GWP, any update on Akron's defensive recruiting?***

Dec 17, 2015, 12:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Yes, they're still better than the coots. Hth***

Dec 17, 2015, 12:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Akron????

Dec 17, 2015, 12:11 PM

The best they've seen?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to stats, yes. But anyone who actually thinks

Dec 17, 2015, 12:15 PM

Akron is the best they've seen doesn't really understand the foosballs

these stats have been posted to death but it could be

Dec 17, 2015, 12:14 PM

reversed and said our D STATS are padded from playing bad offenses, and anyone that has watched us play this year knows our defense is loaded with NFL talent. Just like any fan that has watched Oklahoma play this season knows they will be one of the most talented offenses we have faced. Maybe the best offense we have faced. The only debatable ones are Notre Dame and UNC's offense. As good as OU's offense is, I think our DL has an advantage over their OL. This should be a great game

Dec 17, 2015, 12:16 PM

I'm not sure any stat will beable to gauge who has a leg up. If we both play the same schedule may it would be closer, but you still would have large differences because of where it was played, when , as in. Who did they play before you? Who's after you and what time of day, how was the weather? Was there injured starters. I know all of the stats are fun to rub in peoples faces but not really relevant. I think our boys will be ready and I believe they will win.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Totals don't tell the whole story. Especially w/o a comm

Dec 17, 2015, 12:35 PM

Totals don't tell the whole story, especially w/o a common opponent.

No one uses totals to evaluate teams anymore.
Efficiency statistics are the closest thing you are going to get when evaluating two teams without a common opponent.

Clemson ranks 2nd 16.1 in opponent eff defense.
OU ranks 30th 18.8 in opponent eff defense.
Clemson edge.

OU ranks 18th in 26.00 opponent eff offense
Clemson ranked 75th 20.5 in opponenet eff offense.
OU edge.

Disparity 2.7 edge OU.

What does this tell us?
Clemson offense is well tested but their defense has not.
Oklahoma offense hasn't been tested but their defense has.

So, "OU O vs Clemson D will most favorably be the deciding the game."

You cant't get that with totals.
Using totals only proves that
1) you're old
2) you're really old
3) you either refuse/cant learn new approaches in data.

SOURCE: fbsdrivestats.com Adjusted Efficiencies.

Dec 17, 2015, 12:39 PM

Tennessee was the most efficient defense OU played ranked 12th.
Boston College was the most efficient defense Clemson played rank 2nd.

Clemson edge.

You can evaluate both team's efficiencies in excel format at

fbsdrivestats.com

It will keep you bust until this #### game starts.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic