Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Feaster bolts for the coots did he live up to his promise
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

If Feaster bolts for the coots did he live up to his promise

Jul 25, 2019, 10:33 AM

he made CJ Spiller to represent the number 28 honorably when Spiller allowed Feaster to take the digits out of permanent retirement? In my opinion, regardless of where he transfers he didn't but it is a kick in the butt to then turn around and represent our rival. Good luck convincing me otherwise but the truth is there are over 100 Division 1 teams who would take him and choosing our rivals is just wrong. My sons have Feaster's autograph on their jerseys. If there weren't other names there as well they would probably be rid of them.
In my opinion, you just don't play for your rival and keep any previous respect earned for playing here at Clemson. Hopefully Feaster will decide to stay. But seeing as how that is extremely unlikely go anywhere but to play for our rival. That would be a sign of disrespect and tough to live down.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something is rotten in cola

Jul 25, 2019, 10:39 AM

No way a player with true Tiger blood could EVER play for the coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Amen 2k! No question about it. We recently moved to another

Jul 25, 2019, 11:14 AM

side of town out in the country actually which means my sons will be playing for the high school team that was their rival last season. It has been a major issue. "It's about loyalty though dad," my eldest son said. "What will my friends say when I have to line up against them and what will it be like whether we win or lose. It just don't feel right."

That coming from a conscience of a 10th grader and his little brother felt the same.

It just wouldn't feel right.

Re: Amen 2k! No question about it. We recently moved to another

Jul 25, 2019, 9:54 PM

I get it. I switched to my rival high school my junior year and loved beating my friends and sticking it to my former coach. That will be tough for Feaster to do though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Feaster bolts for the coots did he live up to his promise

Jul 25, 2019, 10:42 AM

Given all the hype surrounding Feaster when he first arrived, I thought he was going to be great. He turned out to be a good player for Clemson. Spiller and Etienne obviously much better. I would even give Gallman the edge.

Jul 25, 2019, 10:48 AM

ddclemson said:

Given all the hype surrounding Feaster when he first arrived, I thought he was going to be great. He turned out to be a good player for Clemson. Spiller and Etienne obviously much better. I would even give Gallman the edge.

ETN and Spiller are obviously better and Gallman was too in my opinion.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feaster > Gallman just in terms of running the ball

Jul 25, 2019, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: If Feaster bolts for the coots did he live up to his promise ]

Gallman was the best pass blocking RB we've had in quite some time though.

Nope, Gallman could get the tough yards too...Feaster was

Jul 25, 2019, 11:10 AM

too soft

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gallman also had zero explosiveness

Jul 25, 2019, 12:43 PM

I don't think Feaster was ever as explosive as we anticipated he would be coming in, but he certainly had one more gear than Gallman. Not sure about this soft thing either. Mentally, sure, but I've been re-watching some of the 2018 games recently and he was a pretty darn physical runner.

Gallman will also have a better pro career***

Jul 25, 2019, 1:24 PM

Re: Gallman also had zero explosiveness

Jul 25, 2019, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Gallman also had zero explosiveness ]

Feastmode ran over many Ds last year so not sure how you can say he was a soft runner. Not saying he is more physical than the wayne train but he is still a beast.

rewatch the A&M game***

Jul 25, 2019, 1:33 PM

Where was Feaster when we needed him in the Sugar Bowl?***

Jul 25, 2019, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Gallman also had zero explosiveness ]

Where was anybody? Kind of tough to single out

Jul 25, 2019, 1:57 PM

Feaster there when our entire offense got dominated.

Travis was able to manage over 5 yards a carry and he was

Jul 25, 2019, 3:43 PM

concussed, Feaster seeming disappeared

They each had 4 carries. What kind of argument can you

Jul 26, 2019, 9:34 AM

really craft around a sample size that tiny. And nobody is arguing that Feaster is better than Etienne. Etienne will probably have a strong claim for best RB in Clemson history when he leaves after this season and that's saying quite a bit.

Gallman > Feaster IMHO, but ... watch Feaster vs Syracuse

Jul 25, 2019, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Feaster > Gallman just in terms of running the ball ]

He had three huge runs in the critical final drive.

Everybody credits ETN and Brice for the come back, but that last drive had a LOT of Feaster in it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What??? I've always had you up on a pedestal

Jul 25, 2019, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Feaster > Gallman just in terms of running the ball ]

as for as being the most reasonable manger.

You just went down a notch.

Maybe, you're drinking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because i think Feaster was a better pure RB than Gallman?

Jul 26, 2019, 9:42 AM

I've always been lower on Gallman than most. I think he was an excellent pass blocker but very average running the football. Granted our 2016 OL was pretty bad so that hurts his numbers a bit, but he averaged right around 5 YPC which is fine, but far from elite, and he was really just an efficiency guy. Our running IsoPPP numbers were near the bottom of the country in 2015 and 2016 when he got the majority of the snaps at RB.

All things considered i would still take Gallman as starting RB over Feaster, but that's largely due to his pass blocking, toughness, leadership, etc.

I thought he was heading to VATech.

Jul 25, 2019, 10:46 AM

Hopefully you are right about Tech but it sounds like he's

Jul 25, 2019, 11:16 AM

following the path of ol' Anakin Skywalker and headed for the dark side!

As of next month he will be a graduate of

Jul 25, 2019, 10:52 AM

our University. As such, I wish him well no matter where he goes.

as I have mentioned before

Jul 25, 2019, 10:57 AM

Wearing the number 28 was a special perk for Feaster. Perhaps he didn’t deserve it. His best opportunity to play at the next level is to compete for the starting job at Clemson. If he ends up in Columbia he can kiss that dream goodbye,

Re: as I have mentioned before

Jul 25, 2019, 12:46 PM

Why would his chances be higher as a guy at #3 on the depth chart here compared to the likely starter somewhere else?

Last year he had 3 or fewer carries in 7 out of our 15 games, and the most carries he had in any game was 10 against Georgia Southern. The most catches he had in any game was 2 which he did 3 times. It's debatable whether or not he'll get drafted with a transfer, or if transferring will result in him getting drafted any higher. However, you just don't see very many 3rd string running backs who average only 5 carries per game get drafted, even if they are on a great team.

Going to usuck or VaTech will expose parts of his game

Jul 25, 2019, 5:57 PM

that have been masked as a rotational runner. Feaster's best bet is to remain a rotational runner, become a workout warrior and let the Clemson brand back up his combine numbers, and hopefully he would have a decent showing in the Senior Bowl. VaTech's schedule would give him a chance to stack the deck in his favor, but usuck has defenses on their schedule that most scouts will view as NFL auditions...

also, don't be fooled because not much has been said about the transfer from the Clemson staff, but there is some "agree to disagree" about the transfer and definitely disagreement about the potential transfer destination...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talking with a former HS football coach and former coot

Jul 25, 2019, 12:18 PM

player a few days ago. This fellow attends every coot home game and several road games each year. He asked me if I had any idea where (coots or VT) Feaster was going and of course I don't. Then he said if he wants to get big numbers why would he go to Columbia because their OL is not very good. He was being pretty honest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let it go. It’s over.***

Jul 25, 2019, 12:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

A member of the coot BOT

Jul 25, 2019, 12:47 PM

has a small wager with me that he is going to be a coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2019, 12:51 PM

I personally don't get why so many people are using the Spiller number thing to mean that Feaster was required to never transfer. He obviously didn't have the career here that many thought based on his recruiting ranking, but he (A) stayed out of trouble, (B) played well within the role he was given here, and (C) graduated.

Spiller may have expected Feaster to put up huge numbers at Clemson and be a huge star here based on his ranking out of high school, but it's not as if he purposely didn't play up to that ranking, or that he could help being passed up on the depth chart by two other studs like ETN and Dixon.

So then the expectation is that a guy with potential NFL talent like Feaster is supposed to stay here as the #3 guy while getting 5 carries per game unless someone gets hurt, simply because Spiller let him wear the #28?

Jul 25, 2019, 12:57 PM

Wish him the best except when he plays CU. His 87 yard rush against NCSU in 2017 was a key to the game. Also his status as 5 star may have improved overall recruiting in his class and next.

I hope he goes to VT. If he goes to USC jr, he will forfeit the general good will that follows star athletes. He is hurting his future chance to become a successful real estate guy or car dealer in the upstate.

Jul 25, 2019, 3:59 PM

I like Tavien and wish him the best, but if he goes to the Coots he will be making a statement and it is basically to get back at Clemsons who I think he thinks did not treat him fairly. The ultimate parting shot is to go to Columbia and play for our rival. His criteria of being a feature back at a contending school means nothing if he goes there and him saying that was just not true. He will burn way too many bridges if he goes there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I totally agree with this, if he turns into a coot, there is

Jul 26, 2019, 11:51 AM

an axe to grind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who?***

Jul 26, 2019, 12:03 AM

LOL why do you even care.

Jul 26, 2019, 9:46 AM

It was a mistake to dust off the number but Feaster is doing nothing me then jumping jobs to try and get in a better position.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2019, 11:40 AM

Feaster did not live up to his billing.... In my opinion he had tremendous difficulty finding the hole and seemed to run head down... we've all seen running backs that run head down almost always running in to the backs of their blockers.

I really wanted him to be better but it seems he never matured into the running back we all thought he would be.

On the Cootlumbia thing, I'd be surprised and disappointed if he ended up there. I don't know how anybody who has played for Clemson could end up there.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic