Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TRIVIA: Who was Cary Cox?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,368

TRIVIA: Who was Cary Cox?

May 24, 2019, 4:51 PM

He was a guy who played for Clemson in 1942, SCAR in 1943, and then back at Clemson in 1947.

He was captain of both teams!

Other than this, has another significant player ever moved between the two schools to play football?

... meaning a player who had been a real contributor at Clemson who decided to transfer to SCAR?

I don’t mean guys like Belk, or somebody else who couldn’t break into the three-deep. I’m talking contributors, if not starters.

Transfering between the schools after playing a major role one place or the other has been pretty much non-existent.

Probably the way it should be.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Transfering to SCAR ... since WWII, has there been

May 24, 2019, 5:14 PM

Bill Rutledge played at Clemson and started in 1943 as a freshman. I think freshman could play varsity due to war. He went off to war and came back to play for #####. Bill supported the #####.

My Dad (CLemson ‘52) worked with him at GMAC for 40 years. One of my Dad’s best friends until their death. As a kid he would give myself and my dad cu-usc tickets when we played them in Columbia.

They both died this past year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2019, 7:52 PM

Interesting.
Sorry for your loss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2019, 5:14 PM

Bill Rutledge played at Clemson and started in 1943 as a freshman. I think freshman could play varsity due to war. He went off to war and came back to play for #####. Bill supported the #####.

My Dad (CLemson ‘52) worked with him at GMAC for 40 years. One of my Dad’s best friends until their death. As a kid he would give myself and my dad cu-usc tickets when we played them in Columbia.

They both died this past year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,368
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic