Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: WATCH: ESPN analysts give their Top 5 CFB rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,447

TNET: WATCH: ESPN analysts give their Top 5 CFB rankings

Oct 13, 2019, 12:53 PM

WATCH: ESPN analysts give their Top 5 CFB rankings

ESPN analysts Joey Galloway and Jesse Palmer gave their top five rankings in college football during ESPN's 'College Football Final' show. Galloway had Clemson Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: WATCH: ESPN analysts give their Top 5 CFB rankings

Oct 13, 2019, 12:58 PM

Ho hum this year reminds me so much of last year and I love it!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: WATCH: ESPN analysts give their Top 5 CFB rankings

Oct 13, 2019, 1:46 PM

I will take a bounce back win after a win any day! SMH

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is a perfect example of Dabo's

Oct 13, 2019, 1:49 PM

Philosophy hurts our perception midway through the season. One of the last things said was common opponent Alabama beat TAM by more.

I think Galloway gets it... we dont care about that. Dabo cares about developing the whole team. I'm not sure when or if Tua came out... but the only score on us was against backups... and Trevor came out of that game I think in the third. Might have been early fourth.

I can almost guarantee we played more people. So we drift down the rankings slowly... then by the end of the year, we are beating everyone by 28 points... including Alabama and the narrative will be we had an easy schedule...blah blah blah.

As Dabo said... you cant have it both ways.

not just more, but bama played on the road and we played

Oct 13, 2019, 1:57 PM

at home. It's a valid argument. We kept the starters in the whole game so I'm not so sure us putting backups in other games has an affect on this game

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TAMU game

Oct 13, 2019, 9:14 PM

We had them 24-3 when they scored with 6 seconds remaining in the game. I suppose, kudos to them for losing only by 14 instead of 21. We did have our defensive starters in on that play (I went back and watched the tape).

Bama beat them by 19, while allowing TAMU to score 28 points.

What does it all mean? Probably that Clemson's offensive coaches tapped the brakes by subbing in Ngata and Ladson for Higgins and Ross. Clemson was 6 seconds away from winning by 21 (versus Bama's 19 point margin). Maybe it means Clemson's defense if better than Bama's.

Bama's offense has looked more efficient this season, up until we started hitting on all cylinders against FSU yesterday. But, hands down, our defense looks much better so far this season.

I'm not sure we can draw a lot of conclusions from our shared opponent with Alabama other than to say we are both obviously better than Texas A&M.

It's going to be a fun season. Who knows what'll happen?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You nailed it! Bama gave up more points to TAM...

Oct 14, 2019, 8:13 AM

Keep in mind, TAM knew by this Bama game their dream of being a dark horse playoff team was gone. TAM was defeated by the BAMA emblem before the game even got started.

In our game, the playoff aspiration was still in front of them. They came in with vim and vigor in our game and we dismantled them defensively. Our O was getting its mojo back with an inexperienced (not young) starting O line.

All offenses should have their kinks worked out by this point in the season (including Clemson). So if your O isn’t scoring in the upper 30s and 40s on average now, at this point in the season, against mediocre defenses, you should be concerned about your chances. And if your D is giving up more than 21 against non-elite offenses, then you are not gonna make it to the national championship game. Simple as that. Exhibit 1: UGA, Exhibit 2: TAM

The ones that have the best chance now and we need some good on good games to see how they separate are (in no particular order):

Clemson
Wisconsin
LSU
Bama
OSU
OU
Penn State

Minnesota is a dark horse... Baylor is too... neither have the talent depth to last, but hey, they are playing inspired football. In the end, too many weaknesses that will get exposed. Every team has weaknesses, but the great ones have the fewest and they know how to compensate for them to minimize the damage.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is a perfect example of Dabo's

Oct 13, 2019, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Here is a perfect example of Dabo's ]

Nope, Galloway doesn’t get it. Heard him on a show yesterday talking about how we needed to show up after an OT win at UNC. Funny, I don’t recall the game going to OT, but apparently Joey and ESPN think so. ???????

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,447
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic