Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: President Trump tweets about Clemson's White House visit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

TNET: President Trump tweets about Clemson's White House visit

Jan 15, 2019, 9:21 AM

President Trump tweets about Clemson's White House visit

The Clemson Football team was able to attend the White House celebration in their honor on Monday night. President Trump served a hamburger buffet including som Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They still also give out the old crystal football trophy?

Jan 15, 2019, 9:24 AM

As well? It's in the video on the other side of the podium. What's up with that?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They still also give out the old crystal football trophy?

Jan 15, 2019, 9:26 AM

Yes, that one is awarded by the coaches association. It was also in DV after the parade.

Re: They still also give out the old crystal football trophy?

Jan 15, 2019, 1:00 PM [ in reply to They still also give out the old crystal football trophy? ]

Mitch Hyatt must like that one. That's what he grabbed for the group picture with the offensive line.

They still give out all the 1s that were awarded prior to CFP being formed

Jan 15, 2019, 8:03 PM [ in reply to They still also give out the old crystal football trophy? ]

Only 1 out of the big 4 "concensus" titles that existed (AP, AFCA, FWAA, & NFF) is the FWAA's Grantland Rice trophy since the FWAA & NFF merged to award the MacArthur Bowl trophy jointly. Would be nice to get them all prior the the parade & celebration like O31o St did a few yrs back to get a scope of all the hardware the team ends up collecting.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: President Trump tweets about Clemson's White House visit

Jan 15, 2019, 9:26 AM

BS on 1,000 hamburgers. That come out to about 10 burgers per Clemson attendee. I saw another website mention 300 burgers. That seems more like it.

We thank you for this wonderful bounty of Domino's, KFC,

Jan 15, 2019, 9:45 AM

and the always delicious Taco Bell

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

I think he meant over $1000 worth of food. I can't believe

Jan 15, 2019, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump tweets about Clemson's White House visit ]

the nonsense being made over all this. The players and others in attendance loved it and that's all that matters. Nevermind Trump paid for all of it out of his own pocket, just like his campaign. A blueblood politician would've never done either of those things in a million years.

Re: I think he meant over $1000 worth of food. I can't believe

Jan 15, 2019, 10:13 AM

He paid for his campaign out of his own pocket? Yea...gonna call BS.

You can call BS all you want. Per NPR, a notoriously liberal

Jan 15, 2019, 10:58 AM

media outlet, he paid for 72% of it himself with the rest being small donors, with no help from the Koch brothers. He did not use any public money. And he's donated every paycheck of his salary since he's been in office. Look it up.

Re: You can call BS all you want. Per NPR, a notoriously liberal

Jan 15, 2019, 12:11 PM

-ish. By the end of the campaign only 20% was from himself, and even that was done via a complicated loan from himself to himself for additional financial risk mitigation if he lost. Additionally a ton of his expenses were to companies he owned so it wasn’t exactly money lost but more like money gained. You can also look that up.

Jan 15, 2019, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump tweets about Clemson's White House visit ]

Must have been stuffing them in their pockets for the trip home.

Jan 15, 2019, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump tweets about Clemson's White House visit ]

you also have to include all the others that were fed....coaches, trainers, student managers and all the Clemson staff that were in attendance. Probably some of the media, too. 1000 sounds about right

Jan 15, 2019, 12:41 PM

come on 250. there you go using common common sense again.

Jan 16, 2019, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump tweets about Clemson's White House visit ]

Trump himself said it was 300 hamburgers directly to the players in his remarks. The next day he tweeted it was 1000 hamberders. Maybe hamburgers and hamberders are different??

Jan 15, 2019, 9:44 AM

ANyone have a version w the audio the speakers are saying? All I get is the background noise from the rest of the room

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better AUDIO with video Link here...

Jan 15, 2019, 10:02 AM

Here is link with better audio than shown in the TNet link. Different video too:

https://youtu.be/VfxLsFbGBJQ

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 9:46 AM

I really want to get me some Mickey D's HAMBERDERS but I didn't see them on the menu at the location near me. Must be a Trump specialty found only in Washington!

Here's better AUDIO for the White House video...

Jan 15, 2019, 10:04 AM

For some reason, the video in the Tigernet story has bad audio.

Here is a better AUDIO with video from another website:

https://youtu.be/VfxLsFbGBJQ

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tigernet always has bad audio***

Jan 15, 2019, 11:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 10:35 AM

Anyone notice those not in attendance? Etienne, Big Dex, Wilkens, Ferrell, Bryant, Higgins, Ross, may others, no where to be seen.

Jan 15, 2019, 10:40 AM

And this matters.....Why?

Jan 15, 2019, 12:40 PM

Almost guarantee you that they were there.

Jan 15, 2019, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump tweets about Clemson's White House visit ]

As was their right and I’m glad neither Dabo nor Trump made a deal out of it. The 20 year old me would have likely chosen to go for the experience but no issue or hard feelings for those that chose not to attend.

Jan 15, 2019, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump tweets about Clemson's White House visit ]

Just because they were off-camera doesn't mean they weren't there. Brent Venables was off-camera too, but he was there.

Jan 15, 2019, 12:27 PM

I'm sure you're right. The only defensive player mentioned was Terrell...by far the best player on Defense.

Jan 15, 2019, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump tweets about Clemson's White House visit ]

I only saw the back of players' heads, so how did you know that these players weren't there? My god, you lefties can't even allow our players to enjoy a visit to the White House without your incessant political carping. Sad and sick.

Ya not many brothers want to eat with a Racist***

Jan 15, 2019, 12:59 PM

Re: Ya not many brothers want to eat with a Racist***

Jan 15, 2019, 1:04 PM

Hope you’re joking.

Jan 15, 2019, 2:34 PM

I cannot believe the pettiness made over this and the vitriol towards our president for doing something good. Who cares who the president is or his political affiliation. This is a time honored tradition. Those who couldn't make it or chose not to go, I hold no animosity toward them either. It's their right to choose. What a sad a pathetic time we live in politically.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^This is the way we should all feel

Jan 16, 2019, 11:46 AM

If certain players chose not go to that is their right just like it's the right of others to go if they wanted to. I'm just glad there hasn't been much coming from Clemson or the players directly about not wanting to go, and you know that they have been contacted by various media outlets for a soundbite.

Also, who cares what they were served at the White House?? Even if you wanted them to have more expensive food, remember that the government is shutdown and much of the staff isn't working at the White House. Even if you think fast food wasn't traditional, just enjoy it. It's not a big deal what was served.

If this had happened 15 years ago I would bet that it wouldn't even been covered by virtually anyone.

^^^This is the way we should all feel

Jan 16, 2019, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump tweets about Clemson's White House visit ]

If certain players chose not go to that is their right just like it's the right of others to go if they wanted to. I'm just glad there hasn't been much coming from Clemson or the players directly about not wanting to go, and you know that they have been contacted by various media outlets for a soundbite.

Also, who cares what they were served at the White House?? Even if you wanted them to have more expensive food, remember that the government is shutdown and much of the staff isn't working at the White House. Even if you think fast food wasn't traditional, just enjoy it. It's not a big deal what was served.

If this had happened 15 years ago I would bet that it wouldn't even been covered by virtually anyone.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic