Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Lawrence said team enjoyed New Orleans too much last year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 5,225

TNET: Lawrence said team enjoyed New Orleans too much last year

Dec 18, 2018, 11:25 AM

Lawrence said team enjoyed New Orleans too much last year

Clemson defensive lineman Dexter Lawrence is all business for the upcoming College Football Playoff. Lawrence told reporters during Wednesday's media day that C Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Lawrence said team enjoyed New Orleans too much last year

Dec 18, 2018, 11:41 AM

I have no problem with that last year. I thought they overachieved and shouldn’t have been the 1 seed and so they should have celebrated just making the CFP. They were too limited at QB and WR but the D nearly got them past Bama. This year it should be all business because there’s more work to be done after the Cotton Bowl. ??

gotta take the CFP seriously, especially an opponent like Ba

Dec 18, 2018, 10:20 PM

It didn't feel like we nearly got past them to me. Not even close.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FOCUS!!

Dec 18, 2018, 11:52 AM

Smack those Lucky Charms out of that leprechaun's hands! Who likes those hardened green clover antacids in cereal anyway? No time for pecan pie and figgy pudding at Christmas, etiher!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Wait, KB was having an awful game and TL didn't even

Dec 18, 2018, 12:35 PM

sniff the field. WTHeck Dabo?!

Dabo didn't even let him make the trip!***

Dec 18, 2018, 12:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

This would be much more entertaining if Trevor said it.***

Dec 18, 2018, 12:48 PM

Bama's mindset beat our's so we changed it?***

Dec 18, 2018, 1:12 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I told everyone that would listen that we were too cocky

Dec 18, 2018, 1:43 PM

last year. I could see it a week before the game. I had a bad feeling that bama was going to thump us.

you could kinda feel it in the stadium

Dec 18, 2018, 1:56 PM

the Bama fans seemed to have more of an edge about them. The huge hit on the opening kickoff set the tone from the get go.

It wasn't about being cocky or over-confident IMO...

Dec 18, 2018, 2:00 PM [ in reply to I told everyone that would listen that we were too cocky ]

Bama had a month to prepare and took full advantage of a glaring weakness in the Clemson offense, and that was the lack of consistent downfield passing threat.

It didn't help that the OL took the night off and any momentum that was generated by the offense was quickly halted as a result of dropped passes and turnovers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

"Never Again"***

Dec 18, 2018, 3:34 PM

So glad he said that!

Dec 18, 2018, 6:22 PM

I’ve been thinking it for 11 1/2 months. No reason for Bama to take it to us like they did last year. We were way too relaxed and we never matched their intensity.

Re: TNET: Lawrence said team enjoyed New Orleans too much last year

Dec 18, 2018, 7:56 PM

I saw Bryant and what looked like some other players at Harrah's the night before the game. While I am sure there was a curfew, this wasn't confidence building for me as a fan to see them there the night before the biggest game of the season.

Pics or it didn't happen***

Dec 18, 2018, 10:21 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

I couldn't help but think about Steven Garcia and rumors

Dec 18, 2018, 10:15 PM

about his antics before his meltdown in their bowl game under Spurrier. I'm sure it wasn't that bad with our players but nice to know they're taking it seriously this year. The fun is in the winning!

one time I was partying with the team the night before the

Dec 18, 2018, 10:21 PM

Tangerine bowl against Texas tech.

Worst beating I've ever seen us take the next day. Didn't work out too well for us.

Replies: 16
| visibility 5,225
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic