Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Josh Belk releases video on how he went from Clemson to SC to out of football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

TNET: Josh Belk releases video on how he went from Clemson to SC to out of football

Sep 9, 2019, 11:28 AM

Josh Belk releases video on how he went from Clemson to SC to out of football

Check out this interesting video as former football player tells his personal story on why he is no longer playing college football. Video Description: I made t Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't care.***

Sep 9, 2019, 11:36 AM

Re: Don't care.***

Sep 10, 2019, 8:38 AM

You should watch the video.

DJ Durken 2.0

Sep 9, 2019, 11:43 AM

Now we see why Muscoot was quick to come to DJ Durken's aid. It's evident neither cares about a player outside of immediate gains.

Coots should love this. May can twist this into due cause to fire Mischamp

Sep 9, 2019, 11:44 AM

After this debacle season plays out.

I hate SCar and Muschamp as much as anyone. But...

Sep 9, 2019, 11:45 AM

I'm not sure how much stock you should put in to this video. Belk had a pattern of odd behavior. Seems like a good kid and wish him nothing but the best.

Re: I hate SCar and Muschamp as much as anyone. But...

Sep 9, 2019, 11:46 AM

it is on the internet. it has to be true.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate SCar and Muschamp as much as anyone. But...

Sep 9, 2019, 1:22 PM

The video appears to be deceptively edited. What is he hiding???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

yeah just because you are injured

Sep 9, 2019, 12:48 PM [ in reply to I hate SCar and Muschamp as much as anyone. But... ]

Doesn't mean you don't show up. They aren't going to make you lift weights but certainly there is a rehab plan for you. Clearly Belk is just lazy just like we knew

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

" I went to the Belk Bowl and my last name is Belk, so that

Sep 9, 2019, 6:18 PM

was a great experience."

I think he wishes he had stayed at Clemson. I hope things work out for him. He seems like a nice kid. His life is certainly not over because he no longer plays football at age 20. He can make a great life for himself.

Posted in the wrong place. Was not meant to be a reply

Sep 9, 2019, 6:20 PM

Neal in NC

Re: yeah just because you are injured

Sep 16, 2019, 10:40 AM [ in reply to yeah just because you are injured ]

Please go kick endless rocks idiot

I feel for this young man

Sep 9, 2019, 11:48 AM

At the end of the day you have to live with the decisions that you make. I hope he finds a path that makes him happy and healthy

Re: I feel for this young man

Sep 9, 2019, 12:29 PM

I'm saying even if the whole or part of his story is the truth/lie, if he really had fractured vertebrates in his back from lifting in the coot weight room, and if they threaten to take his scholly, that is just wrong. He could have been redshirted to give his back a chance to heal. He should have also went to a private Dr of his choosing to get an opinion on whether FB would have been in his best interest. I think that if it hadn't been for his worries with his mom, and he would have been injured at Clemson, Dabo would have honored his scholly until he graduated or quit or whatever.

I do believe that Mustcoot threaten to take his scholly bc that is the SEC way... He should have seen another lawyer at the moment that his scholly was threaten, and he would be at a better advantage at this time in his life. Kids that age do make serious mistakes and bad choices at his age, and I think that maybe it was a bad choice of leaving Clemson for cootlumbia, but we don't know how many side coots he had pulling him towards the coots, and now most of those have turned and walked away now that he is injured and no worth to the coot FB team now. I do believe that I have a good and kind heart in my body, and if just half of what he has said is true, I do feel for the kid...Just saying!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 12:40 PM [ in reply to I feel for this young man ]

yeah...definitely feel for the young man.

Sep 9, 2019, 1:36 PM [ in reply to I feel for this young man ]

I, too wish nothing but the best for Josh Belk. I also agree that if he had stayed at Clemson, Dabo would have helped him in all possible ways. He was blessed to be at Clemson and he gave up the opportunity for success and support on and off the field.

Well that was interesting.

Sep 9, 2019, 12:17 PM

Just hearing one side, USC seemed to push him out for an injury - knowing he'd never be productive at that level.

Dabo doesn't seem like the kind of coach to do something like that. Things to think about when choosing a school.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well that was interesting.

Sep 9, 2019, 5:35 PM

Dabo has honored a scholly offer when the kid only committed, he hadn't signed a LOI at the time, and Dabo honored the scholly offer for the kid. I think it was the one that had a stroke or something like that, and he was never going to be able to play FB again!!! Dabo has a heart of gold for these kids that are willing to put their trust in him!!!

Re: TNET: Josh Belk releases video on how he went from Clemson to SC to out of football

Sep 9, 2019, 12:29 PM

I went from clemson to sc to out of football ....

Re: TNET: Josh Belk releases video on how he went from Clemson to SC to out of football

Sep 9, 2019, 4:53 PM

He got out of football WHEN he left Clemson for SC; he didn’t go from Clemson to SC to out of football.

Why God Why?

Sep 9, 2019, 12:30 PM

Do they make these videos while driving a vehicle. Someday this carp will be used as evidence in a fatality.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why God Why?

Sep 9, 2019, 12:44 PM

He was a passenger. Pay attention. And lots of people need to "walk a mile in my shoes".

Re: Why God Why?

Sep 9, 2019, 12:58 PM

I call BS on anything he has to say. Remember, " I didn't want to be 3 hours away from my mama, when there was a school 45 minutes up the road." I'm not positive but I think any JUCO in Mississippi would be 9 or 10 hours away, so that blows a big hole in his BS story.
Bottom line, whether he was at CU or South Carolina, he sounds like a big baby who didn't want to put in the effort and work. Of course since Mississippi is involved he could have been getting advise from the same "Reverend" who was guiding Marcus Dupre, the best college running back I ever saw !!! Who ended up driving a truck..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dear Heaven. That's 15 minutes I'll never get back.

Sep 9, 2019, 1:05 PM

That said...
1. I'm as in tune with going with God's plan for your life as anybody, but it isn't God's plan for you to be lazy and full of bull and justify it with ' It's God's plan'.
2. The incessant rambling is symptomatic of a person who is searching for words in order to convey an idea that isn't totally transparent or honest.
3. I'm in no way a coot fan and I really dislike Muschump as a coach and as a man. He's got anger issues AND honesty issues, however, if he saw the writing on the wall BEFORE Belk was 'injured', it wouldn't surprise me that he threatened to pull his scholarship, and I can't say it wasn't a justifiable reaction. Belk never mentions that he had a physician's statement that he couldn't participate in workouts. I can't see Muschump crapping on a 5 star player to that degree, especially given that Belk had shown signs of being a great player. After seeing him in our spring game 2 years ago, I was really excited about where he was headed.
4. Given that Belk left Clemson 'to be close to his sick mother', then he entertained an offer to visit Tennessee upon his release (I think he even visited if memory serves), that alone is enough for me to doubt anything the kid ever says. Can't say I blame the coots for looking at him sideways when/if the circumstances didn't fit Belk's narrative.

I feel for the kid if he just lost his desire to play the game, but that's really all he had to say. This video was painful to watch and listen to. Hope he gets that diesel mechanic certification and has success with it. Just spare us the hemming and hawing and shifting of weight from one foot to the other and the overall 'see, what happened was...' If your objective was to 'answer unanswered questions' you only succeeded in creating more questions. Time to move on.

Re: Dear Heaven. That's 15 minutes I'll never get back.

Sep 9, 2019, 1:19 PM

Yeah....not buying any of his BS.
Let me translate:
“Well, you see...I had 3 opportunities to play College football and possibly go on to Pro ball. I mean I was actually a Clemson Tiger at one time. BUT....they have his thing that I am highly allergic to....workouts. I mean this chit just makes me ill....running, pumping iron and all that activity.....NO WAY!!!! It really cut into my time sitt’n on my fat ####, eat’n and watching TV. So.....I sez da hell with that....ummmm....where’d I leave them brownies ?”

You want your 15 minutes back, can we get

Sep 9, 2019, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Dear Heaven. That's 15 minutes I'll never get back. ]

our 5 minutes back from reading your post ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. And don't say you didn't enjoy it.

Sep 9, 2019, 1:31 PM

;)

And if it took you 5 minutes to read my post, there might

Sep 9, 2019, 1:35 PM [ in reply to You want your 15 minutes back, can we get ]

be other issues in play, here. Just sayin'.

Sep 9, 2019, 1:20 PM

Bottom line - Sounds like this young man had limited if any guidance from home. Limited amount of information on how things work in higher education. Not the first one like this, but one that didn't appear to build some relationships with coaching staff other athletes who could help him. At some point the student/athlete has to step up and take responsibility. Most unfortunate situation.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 1:39 PM

Hard to know what was cut out or edited but its clear, if this is at all true, that our other school in Columbia continues to demonstrate the level of class and concern for their players we are used to. No matter what, you have to think Dabo would have handled it very differently. Hard to know where the truth is on this one but I wish him success.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While his track record is a bit skewed

Sep 9, 2019, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Josh Belk releases video on how he went from Clemson to SC to out of football ]

I cant help but find the situational irony of the mindless Coot faithful waiting on Belk first, then Feaster to spill the beans on cheating, paying, PEDs, etc that quite the opposite has happened and somewhat beautiful.

Sep 9, 2019, 2:49 PM

??

or, that was weird....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 3:09 PM

His heart was never in football. He was talented and that got him to D1. Good luck to him.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 3:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Pars fracture is a serious and potentially permanent injury

Sep 9, 2019, 4:23 PM

If Belk sustained Pars fracture(s) (very few people would know to make this injury up and it can definitely occur during weightlifting), he would definitely have needed weeks-months of rest for this specific injury to heal, if it would completely heal at all. Not sure about the other aspects of the story, but that segment could easily be true.

Re: Pars fracture is a serious and potentially permanent injury

Sep 16, 2019, 10:07 AM

Pars fracture does not heal without surgery

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei.

Sep 9, 2019, 5:57 PM

I honestly think he just doesn’t want to play football and is not very passionate about it. He even claims how reserved he was to even playing in high school. Almost seems like they made him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

I don’t really believe much of what he said

Sep 9, 2019, 6:17 PM

Kinda happy he left, you know what I'm sayin ?

Sep 9, 2019, 6:24 PM

that said, hope things work out for him

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 6:32 PM

He lost me at 5* #1 DT in the nation

Sep 9, 2019, 6:39 PM

Not buying what big boy Josh is selling. Believe he has no work ethic, zero, then he gets to Clemson and has to bust it like he's never known!!! He got by in HS because he was big, but he didn't know what it was like to bust it. Show up for weigh in at SC weighing 360# what a joke. He's just rambling making excuses, believe he is extremely immature, sad because he had a future if he'd had a drive! Hey mechanics make good money, good luck to you!!!

Sep 9, 2019, 9:02 PM

10-ish minutes of my life I can't get back, you know what I'm sayin? It was neither interesting or informative. My advice is please don't text OR make a video in a moving car.. you know what I'm sayin?

Sep 10, 2019, 5:52 PM

Exactly, we lost no talent when we lost him, he was just feeding on the Clemson program while he was there! Know wha em sayin! Don't wish him bad, just glad he's gone. He is not cut from the Tiger cloth!!!!!

Sep 9, 2019, 10:52 PM

Saw him play against smaller less powerful guys in high school and get pushed off of the ball.

I think he only got any offers because of his size. Never saw any passion even in high school..

JMHO

You have the right to feel the way you feel about this young

Sep 10, 2019, 9:06 AM

man AND over the years during this turmoil I too have been hard on him at times but having gone through a double lumbar fusion several years ago and how tough it is to get over that and the pain that literally causes you to wake up screaming during the night I understand much better what he's been through. Hopefully he can get better and get his life on track for good but don't be too quick to give up on those who need help regardless of the reason. All we have is each other on this planet and the Lord who works through us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 11:43 PM

I hope things workout for this young man amidst the rivalries and all that goes along with football it's still a game and very few make a living at it. So, with that being said, i can see how muschump could be that kind of jerk and why we kill them in recruiting

Sep 10, 2019, 11:43 PM

I hope things workout for this young man amidst the rivalries and all that goes along with football it's still a game and very few make a living at it. So, with that being said, i can see how muschump could be that kind of jerk and why we kill them in recruiting

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic