Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Instate 2019 RB picks up Clemson offer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

TNET: Instate 2019 RB picks up Clemson offer

Jan 20, 2019, 2:19 PM

Instate 2019 RB picks up Clemson offer

Charleston 2019 running back Michel Dukes announced a Clemson offer on Sunday. Dukes is coming off of a Clemson official visit this weekend. He has also made of Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Instate 2019 RB picks up Clemson offer

Jan 20, 2019, 2:23 PM

I guess that’s bad news on Ealy.

Jan 20, 2019, 2:26 PM

Probably not. My guess is that it's not a committable offer and is pending Ealy's decision. Time will tell.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo doesn't make uncommitable offers

Jan 21, 2019, 12:01 PM

Unless the position is already full. If we only have room for 1 rb, it will be whoever commits first. Dabo doesn't use shady recruiting practices.

Message was edited by: Allinsinceday1

Jan 21, 2019, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Instate 2019 RB picks up Clemson offer ]

I do not think Clemson under Dabo gives uncommitable offers.. They do tell some athletes that they will make an offer if they have a slot available. This might be a slot that is now available.

Jan 20, 2019, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Instate 2019 RB picks up Clemson offer ]

Ya' know … back in the day before the NCAA/rules, Bear Bryant used to offer lesser-rated guys just to keep Auburn from getting them. Just sayin' ...

Back in the Bear Bryant Day

Jan 20, 2019, 5:18 PM

There were no limits on scholarships a team could give. Or at least up until 1973.

Sorry just realized you mentioned that in your post***

Jan 20, 2019, 5:20 PM

Jan 20, 2019, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Instate 2019 RB picks up Clemson offer ]

Everyone here has a glass half empty view. This kid looks talented to me. I realize he’s playing lesser competition, but he has size and speed and impressive vision. Really reminds me of Gallman with maybe a little more open field speed. I’ll trust the coaches on this one. I’ll guarantee they think he can play for us or they would not offer him. C’mon up to Tiger town with a big ol chip on your shoulder Mr. Duke. Another Gallman or Ryan Carter in the making.

Jan 20, 2019, 8:14 PM

He’s a local kid and being offered in January. Do you really think the coaches are just finding out about him? Or is it more likely that he is a plan B or C?

Does this mean Feaster has decided to transfer?

Jan 20, 2019, 2:24 PM

I hope not.

Or Rencher not being renewed

Jan 20, 2019, 2:26 PM

He was a walkon

Rencher's earned it, he keeps it

Jan 20, 2019, 3:11 PM

any offer is committable, Dabo doesn't do the "non-committable offer"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How has Rencher earned it?***

Jan 20, 2019, 5:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How has Rencher earned it?***

Jan 21, 2019, 1:30 AM

let's see... came back from two ACL tears, two years as scout team RB getting mashed every practice by the front seven, power hour accountability award as a redshirt, 3.0 GPA, PAW Journey Ambassador, consistently grades out the highest of the backs in pass pro earning the trust of the coaches and the QBs, All In Accountability Award at this years banquet... in other words, he's all that's been asked of him and more and the coaches believe that he has earned it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ drops mic ^^^ ... THAT was a thorough answer.***

Jan 21, 2019, 7:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still not DIV 1 material. CARITY Scholarship

Jan 21, 2019, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Re: How has Rencher earned it?*** ]

for local kid.

Unless you have earned a D1 scholly yourself

Jan 21, 2019, 5:29 PM

or been responsible for evaluating and awarding D1 schollys, you opinion of charity (not CARITY) or earned scholly is an insult to the coaches you claim to love and support.

Heres's more to ponder... the coaches also don't take all walk ons. Every walk on has to be evaluated and considered to be able to contribute to the efforts of the team to achieve the team goals. Dabo is not going to waste resources on a guy that wants to be on the team but is dead weight and a drag on the team.

If you don't believe me, ask Coach Venebles, Christian Wilkens or Coach Elliott if Rencher is a charity scholly...

Feaster has decided to stay, not on track to graduate

Jan 20, 2019, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Does this mean Feaster has decided to transfer? ]

and be a graduate transfer, Rencher keeps the scholly. Dukes offer works within the numbers and depth, as he will more than likely redahirt anyway.

Also, Dabo doesn't do non-committable offers, he prefers preferred walk-ons rather than the question on the scholly. Nobody gets an offer unless the coaches will take the commitment.

Jan 20, 2019, 2:29 PM

Feaster might transfer, Ealy might not commit to Clemson, Ealy might play baseball anyway, Dukes could be good for depth for both football and basketball.

Conclusion: Good offer that doesn't imply bad news regarding Ealy or Feaster.

Jan 21, 2019, 12:14 PM

Did you say basketball? I do not think so with his height... How tall is Hunter? If he has basketball skills (HANDS), he might be our new slot receiver in a couple of years.

Jan 20, 2019, 2:30 PM

To be this late it's def a safety net offer on Ealy's baseball decision or Feaster made his decision already. I think we still get Ealy, just depends on MLB draft for his future.

Jan 20, 2019, 2:38 PM

Could be our 2nd player to be named Mike Dukes.

Jan 20, 2019, 3:09 PM

It really sounds like Ealy is going baseball imo. Not because of this, just feel like that’s where his heart is. Tough choice to turn it down... even with the insurance $$$.

That’s one of the reasons I hate the baseball and b-ball rule. Never get to have that college experience. But, only he knows his personal situation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2019, 3:21 PM

Could be a greyshirt offer. That would allow him to come in August if Ealy chooses baseball.

Jan 20, 2019, 3:27 PM

Here's the deal, if Dabo did't think he was a fit he would not have made the offer. Another thing maybe a bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cautiously optimistic at best...

Jan 20, 2019, 3:38 PM

I'm not sure how the coaching staff evaluated this kid. Hopefully it's more than his HS stats and film.

First Baptist plays in a conference that is void of any talent. His film includes highlights against a very bad 3-7 Bishop England team (out of conference). SCISA football in SC is marginal at best. Dukes' talent against SCISA talent may make him look like a 3* but he might not be.

I'm cautious at best. I remember Milton Jennings (McDonalds all american out of HS) form Pinewood Prep (another SCISA school from the Low Country).

First Baptist is a private school but not quite an IMG.

If Tony offered him, Tony has been on him for a while.

Jan 20, 2019, 3:46 PM

No use to worry about RB's that get an offer from Tony.

Re: If Tony offered him, Tony has been on him for a while.

Jan 20, 2019, 6:00 PM

With 4 juniors leaving early, the staff can afford to take one or two more. They will take Ealy and this kid if they both commit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 9:30 AM

Congratulations! I know that is an offer he has been waiting for. People that know him say he is a hard worker and great kid. Would be proud to have him.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are people really still questioning who the coaches offer?

Jan 21, 2019, 10:24 AM

I thought we were way past this after the Davis brothers and Nolan Turner showed that they could play and we won two NC's in the past three years.

Re: Are people really still questioning who the coaches offer?

Jan 21, 2019, 12:28 PM

I heard many people on this site dissing a young man named Adam Humphries.... 5'11" 195 after 4 years in NFL.

I remember Alabama players dissing HR, but not lately. 5'11" 180 after 5 years at Clemson.

Some will diss this kid, 5'10 195 with basketball skills. Basketball skills remind me of WRs like Nuk and Tee!
Some of us will shed a tear when he plays his last game in a Clemson Uniform like I did with AH and HR! I love a young man that gives it his best every day, every play!

Jan 21, 2019, 11:11 AM

The kid is obviously an under-the-radar player that does not play in thick competition. I think the coaches see some potential. Let it ride. Heck, Gaines Adams played 7 on 7 ball in high school.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic