Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Hopkins: "I don’t think any receiver can do what I’ve done"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

TNET: Hopkins: "I don’t think any receiver can do what I’ve done"

Oct 5, 2018, 10:08 AM

Hopkins: "I don’t think any receiver can do what I’ve done"

DeAndre Hopkins doesn’t see a receiver in the NFL who could’ve accomplished what he has over the last five-plus seasons. The Clemson product and Central native Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nuk has caught TD's from 9 different QBs

Oct 5, 2018, 10:15 AM

...and 8 of them have been pure garbage.

Who has been Nuk's second-best QB? Matt Schaub? Case Keenum? That speaks to how much Nuk has done.

Re: Nuk has caught TD's from 9 different QBs

Oct 5, 2018, 11:28 AM

Nuk, does not seem to be much on Humility!

Oct 5, 2018, 12:10 PM

" wow" yeah he forgot to eat that humble pie.

Oct 5, 2018, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Nuk has caught TD's from 9 different QBs ]

When it's true, it's just an accurate statement of fact

Oct 5, 2018, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Nuk has caught TD's from 9 different QBs ]

Nil has turn into a jerk

Re: TNET: Hopkins: "I don’t think any receiver can do what I’ve done"

Oct 5, 2018, 10:18 AM

the quote is a little outta context.. but, nuk may wanta bring down the "i'm the greatest" affirmation words. like maybe instead of "no one could do what i've done".. how bout "i wouldn't have done what i've done w/out my teammates" and, leave it at that.

Oct 5, 2018, 10:59 AM

While I agree with the idea of what you are saying in that he may want to be more humble, I think he is literally trying to say that he did it in spite of his teammates. I think he made his point in the nicest way possible, but he is trying to tell everybody that his past QBs have been terrible and he's had to adjust to a new one over and over.

In fairness to Nuk he is not putting down his current teammates in his statement as the terrible QBs have moved on or are riding the bench. I think he is very excited about his current situation.

Oct 6, 2018, 12:47 AM

But why tear down others to justify the amazement of your accomplishments?.. that’s all.. we know he’s great.. everyone knows that.. be humble and gracious, not proud and critical.. no matter how justified his comments actually are,.. there’s no need in it. It lacks good character... imho

I tend to agree

Oct 5, 2018, 10:18 AM

If Nuk had been playing for Green Bay or a similar team with a good QB this whole time he'd probably be more in the limelight and have even better stats. Here's to hoping his situation improves now that DW4 is there. Only issue now is fixing the o-line and possibly a coaching change at the top.

Oct 5, 2018, 10:26 AM

That edge is what makes him great. Although personally I would like to see him show a little more humility, I doubt that "Humble Nuk" would have accomplished all that he has so far.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't either.. ODB would've given up long ago***

Oct 5, 2018, 10:44 AM

Oct 5, 2018, 10:53 AM

Hopkins is a great player, no doubt. The impression I have of him is some of his derrogatory statements regarding Dabo’s take on the national anthem boycott and his derogatory statements about Clemson being invited to the White House. So, his political views aside, he’s good, not the greatest but certainly good.

Oct 5, 2018, 11:31 PM

He is one of the best NFL players to have played at Clemson and by far its worst representative of a Clemson Man.

Count me in as a believer.

Oct 5, 2018, 11:05 AM

Nuk apparently carries a significant chip on his shoulder, whether real or perceived. Either way, it's helped produce an uncanny drive for him and dude is flat out getting it done at the highest level. And like the coach that Miyagi'd him through college likes to say, the best is yet to come.

Go Daniel Lions!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Count me in as a believer.

Oct 5, 2018, 11:12 AM

Watson to Nuk, gonna be fun to watch.

Re: Count me in as a believer.

Oct 5, 2018, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Count me in as a believer. ]

I think that Nuk proved his talent and ability while at Clemson, and he has made himself into the best receiver on the Texans team, but a slice of humble pie is always good when you have done everything that has proved your worthiness IMO. It does seem that at times Nuk can't help himself from literally bragging on self!!! When you are that good at your position, silence is golden!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopkins dislocates shoulder

Oct 5, 2018, 11:30 AM

patting himself on the back.

Re: Hopkins dislocates shoulder

Oct 5, 2018, 12:06 PM

Kinda what I was thinking. Hope he has not angered the Karma gods.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2018, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Hopkins dislocates shoulder ]

He is good if not one of the best in the NFL, but like I have said, a little slice of humble pie would be good for Nuk and his continued success in the NFL bc it won't always be that way. Just at Clemson right now, we have a few receivers that can be just as good and maybe better than Nuk when he went to the NFL. Just maybe, and this is a maybe, if Nuk had a slice humble pie, he just may remember what college team he played on before the NFL!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he needs to ....

Oct 5, 2018, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Hopkins dislocates shoulder ]

dislocate his lips and shut up

Oct 5, 2018, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Hopkins dislocates shoulder ]

NFL receivers....par for the course. Go Nuk.

Antonio Brown sez hi.***

Oct 5, 2018, 11:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2018, 1:13 PM

Have to agree with him. He has never had a quality an until Deshaun, multiple coaches and terrible offensive lines.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Oct 5, 2018, 3:41 PM

Playing with the giant chip on his shoulder has served Nuk well. But, his "Words and Statements" on certain topics and non-topics alike, take too much attention away from his play and accomplishments.

Congrats Nuk!!

Oct 5, 2018, 3:03 PM

7-10 more years like this = HOF. Whatever you use for that Edge; Keep it UP

He catches the ball. While everybody else is working on their TD dance

Oct 5, 2018, 3:41 PM

and weights, technique, & all that he is probably working on the most important thing for a WR... he’s working on catching the ball

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Did that just happen?

Oct 5, 2018, 3:48 PM

In one sentence he says... "I’ve been getting more recognition, but to me, I’m not really about that. It’s about my team. It’s about my team winning games."

And literally in the very next sentence he says...

"But personally, I don’t think any receiver can do what I’ve done with the quarterbacks I’ve played with. Make the Pro Bowls. Have the amount of catches I’ve had. Having 6,000 yards and being the third-youngest player to do that."

Nuk is awesome and I agree he's the best, and his resume is extremely impressive.... but self-awareness has to kick in at some point.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

c'mon guys, context is EVERYTHING...

Oct 5, 2018, 4:55 PM

the reporter stated that she did NOT want an "I think so" answer like he had just given to a previous question, then proceeds to ask, "...what is the conversation like that you have with YOURSELF IN YOUR HEAD when you hear those conversations and you are not part of them every time or at the top?" when she asked Nuk about how bar arguments get discussed about the best WRs in the league...

Nuk does not go around bragging on himself ad nauseum without provocation like Brown or Bryant or Moss, but if you ask him the question, don't expect a sugar coated answer... and he shouldn't sugar coat it because if a question is asked with the expectation that it should be sugar coated, then you really don't want people to be honest with you... my philosophy is "don't ask me a question that you really don't want me to answer honestly", which appears to be Nuk's philosophy as well...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Flat out incredible accomplishment. Nothing else to say. Proud of Nuk***

Oct 5, 2018, 5:17 PM

Oct 5, 2018, 10:00 PM

Meh, don’t deserve to be reported here until he claims Clemson as his college when they show the players introduce the NFL team starters on TV. Apologies in advance if he does now, I haven’t watched an NFL game in few months.

Oct 7, 2018, 3:42 PM

I couldn’t agree more.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2018, 10:05 PM

No rings No one gives a f....! Just the way it is in the big leagues.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He whines about his QBs but also brags about his stats.

Oct 5, 2018, 11:26 PM

If he's had such horrible QBs, he wouldn't have such good numbers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Hopkins is that WR from Daniel HS

Oct 6, 2018, 12:27 AM

Period. His choice.

Insight from Nuk’s Agent

Oct 6, 2018, 12:42 AM

What it is like being Nuk’s representatives...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FFrag8ll85w

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic