Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Dexter Lawrence reacts to failed drug test
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

TNET: Dexter Lawrence reacts to failed drug test

Dec 27, 2018, 9:21 AM

Dexter Lawrence reacts to failed drug test

Thursday is Media Day for Clemson and Notre Dame as hordes of reporters ask a litany of questions to the student-athletes. Clemson defensive tackle Dexter Lawre Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Dexter Lawrence reacts to failed drug test

Dec 27, 2018, 9:24 AM

I feel so bad for this kid. I already went through the stages of grief earlier in the week and now they started all over...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2018, 9:28 AM

Big Dex, know that we are pulling for you and thinking of you.
Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feel bad for Dexter and the team. Such a mystery.

Dec 27, 2018, 9:29 AM

I hope they find the source of this contaminent. I hope the NCAA understands what stands in the balance. Not sure the NCAA should be the prosecutor AND the judge. Our guys need due process.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feel bad for Dexter and the team. Such a mystery.

Dec 27, 2018, 9:29 AM

I hope they find the source of this contaminent. I hope the NCAA understands what stands in the balance. Not sure the NCAA should be the prosecutor AND the judge. Our guys need due process.

Dec 27, 2018, 9:30 AM

If the B sample fails and Dex is suspended for a year, and Clemson and our investigation determine that Dexter Lawrence failed due to unknowingly ingesting a contaminated substance, then the NCAA should be taken to court.

He's a class guy. Some would have sulked and gone home.....

Dec 27, 2018, 9:31 AM

on their own. But he's there encouraging his teammates and keeping them focused on the game. You know it's got to be real hard for him but he's that kind of guy.

And reading comments from my great friends

Dec 27, 2018, 9:35 AM

here and in other threads, I'm sure Dex knows we stand firmly with him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's always struck me as a great dude--a selfless guy

Dec 27, 2018, 9:42 AM

I just feel awful for him. I hope he knows all Tiger fans back him.

Dec 27, 2018, 9:43 AM

Pure CLASS!!
I'm gonna miss Dex

Dec 27, 2018, 9:51 AM

I hope this is cleared up, but I don’t have much faith that it will be. It’s sad that he’s finally playing healthy and having fun. We know he probably was going to the NFL after this year, but the choice has been taken from him

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

ThX BiG DEX for your gracious attitude & coaching uP your replacements!

Dec 27, 2018, 9:56 AM

Everything will be fine & a win will make it even better!

Go TiGERS..ROCK.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2018, 9:54 AM

I hope we hear something today and the news is what we all want to hear.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2018, 10:00 AM

Now that is a real man. He may just inspire the team to even greater heights.

love what Wilkins said....

Dec 27, 2018, 10:08 AM

"somebody gave Dex a d##n whistle and he thinks he's the greatest D-line coach ever now."

Good interviews by Pack man on SiriusXM over the last hour.

Re: love what Wilkins said....

Dec 27, 2018, 11:19 AM

So who will be acting as get back coach for Dex? I'm not volunteering that's for sure.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2018, 11:29 AM [ in reply to love what Wilkins said.... ]

I’ve gotta listen to that. Sounds Hilarious!!
ND is in Trouble!

Dec 27, 2018, 11:29 AM [ in reply to love what Wilkins said.... ]

I’ve gotta listen to that. Sounds Hilarious!!
ND is in Trouble!

Dec 27, 2018, 10:46 AM

I’m so proud you represent Clemson University Dex!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Through all of this....

Dec 27, 2018, 11:20 AM

......no one has questioned whether Dex or the other 2 players were telling the truth. To me that speaks volumes and makes this whole thing even more ridiculous.

Keep your heads up, men. Somewhere there is a silver lining though right now it's hard to find.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I took the click bait. They got me on this one.***

Dec 27, 2018, 11:24 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Dec 27, 2018, 11:26 AM

That’s how it’s done Dexter. Nothing more needs to be said.

Dec 27, 2018, 12:04 PM

When they come back home with the trophy, I know Tiger Nation will give them the welcome they deserve. What an amazing outstanding group of people we have!!!!

Bring er home guys! Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2018, 12:22 PM

There is NO reason the B test shouldn't have been done by now and expedited based on the extremely confusing situation about these failed tests, with no known cause. FFSakes I could go to the doctor this morning and have Labcorp results by tomorrow for any number of blood tests and I'm a nobody and no one else would even care about my results or is waiting on them.

It seems to me that they are intentionally dragging their feet on this for ratings, publicity, whatever...or taking absolutely no steps to expedite the additional testing to get this issue firmly resolved in advance of the game. It should be to the point where they can come out and say, this was not a minuscule, trace contact contamination. It is clear that the amount of the substance indicates it was being intentionally ingested as a supplement, whether knowingly or not. If they could at least say THAT much, it would still be a tough pill to swallow, but we could at least feel like we weren't being jobbed in this situation.

However, there needs to be some level of sanity applied to this situation and upper level NCAA folks and collegiate reps should be involved to get justice for this young man. Looking at his statements about being at peace and being willing to own up if he knew of anything that it might be is simply heartbreaking and I find it extremely distasteful that they would leave him in the cold like this heading into the CFP and allowing his college career to fizzle out like this in such a depressing fashion. After all the money they have made off his back. After all the jobs in the NCAA him and other players like him end up paying the bills for...it SICKENS me.

Punishing a person and a team with a guilt-free conscience and STILL no idea of what they can possibly correct SERVES NO PURPOSE.

The worst part is that even if he is miraculously cleared after B results come back, substantial damage will still be done to our team no matter what because he hasn't been practicing with them taking reps this week leading up to the game, in addition to the mental fog (for the whole team) this whole stupid situation has caused.

So no matter what you think about rules being rules or if they should be black and white with no exceptions even for innocent people.. There's one thing I think most of us can agree on - that being this situation has NOT been handled properly and any testing like this really be done earlier in the off weeks leading up to something like the CFP and also the results from the season testing should be taken into account as a whole as it is completely stupid to think he finished out the entire season and suddenly decided to use a half-@assed gimp additive like this to get some kind of edge??

What ever happen to the...

Dec 27, 2018, 2:45 PM

adage, innocent till proven guilty.

It's like, punishing someone...but you don't know what for....huh????!

failed drug test = guilty

Dec 27, 2018, 2:46 PM

there is no other burden of proof

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big Dex count another Tiger who's got your back.

Dec 27, 2018, 4:17 PM

No matter the outcome you've represented this situation and your entire career with class.Best of luck to this man.

P.S.

For those Tigers who've been touting the ND fanbase being all class.Maybe you should read the comments under this video on Youtube. Yeah....
GO TIGERS!!! BEAT ND!!!

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic