Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson ranked No. 2 in latest Coaches Poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,649

TNET: Clemson ranked No. 2 in latest Coaches Poll

Oct 20, 2019, 12:44 PM

Clemson ranked No. 2 in latest Coaches Poll

The Tigers are still ranked No. 2 in the Coaches Poll after their impressive 45-10 road win over Louisville. The top five teams stayed the same this week with A Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WTH do football coaches know about football?

Oct 20, 2019, 12:47 PM

We need to get the opinions of writers and English majors!

:/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: WTH do football coaches know about football?

Oct 20, 2019, 5:53 PM

Their grad assistants or kids fill out the ballot. They (coaches) don't sit around watching games.

The kids? They do. And to be fair, they watch more than the AP folks but I'm assuming the kids are more biased. So a wash.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of 'em not very much.***

Oct 20, 2019, 7:51 PM [ in reply to WTH do football coaches know about football? ]

Re: TNET: Clemson ranked No. 2 in latest Coaches Poll

Oct 20, 2019, 12:54 PM

But a lot of posters on Tiger Net said we'd drop several spots....this can't be right?? These Coaches need to stick to coaching and let the chat boards decide who's ranked where! ??

Wouldn't be surprised to see BIASED AP writers drop us.

Oct 20, 2019, 12:58 PM

Still a week or 2 away from the only poll that matters.

went back to no. 2***

Oct 20, 2019, 1:31 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oops that is coaches poll. AP not out yet.***

Oct 20, 2019, 1:34 PM

Re: oops that is coaches poll. AP not out yet.***

Oct 20, 2019, 1:38 PM

I know ya'll being sarcastic. But as Dabo has said, "during the season coaches really don't get a chance to watch a lot of other teams"!

So really - what do they know! He's right. Right now they are working on breaking down how to stop AJ Dillon and that big OL Boston College has. They aren't looking at what LSU did yesterday or Bama.

AP poll will probably drop us or keep us where we were. They are the ones who seem to feel based on our "lowly ACC competition only 70 point wins will do"! Otherwise, we must not be any good in relation to the rest of the top teams in college football. Bunch of dum dums!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We went to 4 in AP.***

Oct 20, 2019, 2:25 PM [ in reply to oops that is coaches poll. AP not out yet.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2019, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson ranked No. 2 in latest Coaches Poll ]

That wouldn't be fair at all bc of bigger schools with bigger fan bases than we have at/for Clemson sports. I believe there is already a ton of bias jealousy shown toward Clemson by the bigger schools that would out vote us only bc Clemson is a small school in a small country town on the border of the small state of South Carolina...

All those folks from the bigger states with the bigger schools with twice the Alumni support along with a huge fan bases, and all of them are hating on little ole Clemson bc, they are seriously jealous bc little ole Clemson has an Elite powerhouse FB program. So I say that your idea would just be wrong for Clemson. If you think that we're always being done wrong by the professionals, what do you think would happen with us with the fan bases twice as big as our would do if it was up to them to vote where schools should be in the rankings. Where would our Tigers be ranked with the hard core jealousy of the fans at the larger schools, we wouldn't ever be a thought in the rankings. Leave it with the idiots in the coaching profession, there isn't as many of them ;) lollol!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2019, 12:56 PM

meh, what do coaches know about football

4 Teams will be Clemson, SEC champ, Big 10 champ, and

Oct 20, 2019, 2:08 PM

Big 12 champ. There should NEVER be two teams from the same conference.
If you are not the best team in your conference, you cannot possibly be the best team in the country. Seems rather obvious.

GO TIGERS!

PS: Bama may get beaten once or twice this season, and not make the playoffs.

Re: 4 Teams will be Clemson, SEC champ, Big 10 champ, and

Oct 20, 2019, 2:37 PM

ESEC PN would if the choice was only theirs, they would put 4 SEC teams in the playoffs without a second thought!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU beats Bama and both make the cut.

Oct 20, 2019, 2:39 PM [ in reply to 4 Teams will be Clemson, SEC champ, Big 10 champ, and ]

Seen it once before. Same song, same dance, same dance partner.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2019, 5:50 PM

I would like to see an eight team playoff. I wish all P5 Conference Champions could get in. I heard somewhere that conference championships matter. Hmm where did I hear that, oh yea, the CFP committee. And not two from one conference.

Pftttt, what do Coaches know. Prolly ain't a one of them

Oct 20, 2019, 7:55 PM

could write a worthless sports drivel article about the footsball like those more knowledgeable sportswriters.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,649
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic