Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson, Georgia lead pre-spring top-25
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson, Georgia lead pre-spring top-25

Feb 19, 2019, 2:18 PM

Clemson, Georgia lead pre-spring top-25

Clemson and Alabama will likely top the polls one way or another this season (and beyond) but not everybody sees them as the top-two for 2019. Stadium's Brett M Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson, Georgia lead pre-spring top-25

Feb 19, 2019, 2:28 PM

personally, i'd love a clemson/uga title game... the clemson/bama match-up is getting a little "played".. don't get me wrong, a tie-breaker is always intriguing.. but, it'd be nice to see a different match-up for us in the championship game.. assuming we're there.

There is a better chance of an all ACC Natty game

Feb 19, 2019, 2:32 PM

than the dawgs getting back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is a better chance of an all ACC Natty game

Feb 19, 2019, 6:44 PM

I don't think Fromm/Smart can win the big one. They'll have a couple losses by selection day... Again.

Feb 19, 2019, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson, Georgia lead pre-spring top-25 ]

We're 2-1 in title games against them already ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2019, 2:30 PM

The writer states that Alabama has the national best of 11 players at the Combine.

Where has he been hiding? SO DOES CLEMSON !!!!!

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I simply can't pull

Feb 19, 2019, 2:32 PM

For the Dawgs. I can't. Them failing miserably makes me happy. I don't have to wish for that to happen to the Scoks...they have that down pat! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I simply can't pull

Feb 19, 2019, 2:45 PM

I surely understand your feelings about the Dogs bc, my own feelings are that I hate them as much as I hate the coots but, I, like gotigrz, am tired of the Bama match up, and nothing could satisfy my hate toward the Dogs any more than US/Clemson beating them in a playoff or NCG. Beating the coots, Bama, and the Dogs are more satisfying for me than any win we get in sports, period!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2019, 4:37 PM

I would rather SC beat UGA and UF and we beat SC.

I do not care who we play in the playoffs, every win in the playoffs is golden all by itself. If you need the opponent to provide motivation then you are spoiled. Championships should be all the motivation we need.

Feb 19, 2019, 4:38 PM

I think SC plays Alabama this season as well.... :) 4 top ten teams on their schedule.....

Feb 21, 2019, 1:38 PM

If aTm is #9 then Uo5C will play 5 top 10 teams. Brutal, good for them! Haha!

1- Clemson
2- UGA
3- Bama
6- FLORIDA
9- aTm

Feb 19, 2019, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Re: I simply can't pull ]

Who we play in the Natty is really unimportant. We are getting spoiled but Dabo will have the players ready whomever we face. At this juncture of the early preseason, it's nothing but talk. Our Tigers still have to get ready, then perform against TAM and USuC away, then the ACC, and finally whoever makes the cut. Isn't this the best of Tiger times?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is ABSOLUTELY the best ...,

Feb 19, 2019, 8:01 PM

.... of Tiger times Eagle03!! What a wonderful time to be a Tiger!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Feb 19, 2019, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: I simply can't pull ]

Other than making it to the mattie and winning, I would get more satisfaction from beating the tar holes in chapel hole. This comes from 47 years of futility.

Just think....

Feb 20, 2019, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: I simply can't pull ]

If we play the Bulldogs in the playoff and the playoff is before December 31st. We can beat Bama, the Coots and the Bulldogs all in 2019. What a year this could be.

Feb 19, 2019, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson, Georgia lead pre-spring top-25 ]

You tell em Joe. You are absolutely right!
11 each.

Good catch Joe!!

Feb 19, 2019, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson, Georgia lead pre-spring top-25 ]

????

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Don't correct him ... he's busy making a narrative

Feb 19, 2019, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson, Georgia lead pre-spring top-25 ]

about why Alabama is sliding.

(as if they don't have the talent behind)

What it comes down to -- for this guy at least -- is the coaching turnover.

But that, too, is sensational. How much did we hear that as the excuse after the NCG? Same thing happened last year and they did okay.

So I don't see it at all. If kids looking for a college experience start to turn away from Alabama because you can't expect to have the same coach or coordinator for 1+ years, then maybe they'll start sliding in the recruiting rankings and we'll see a slide in the polls. Until then there are just too many 5* who are willing to take anyone else's spot down there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

I see Georgia leading the SEC this season.

Feb 19, 2019, 3:11 PM

I think Kirby is going though the same learning curve Dabo went through with SOS. I know it's quite distasteful to Clemson fans but SOS and Nick can beat a rookie coach with a less talented roster.

Whoever UGA faces in the SECCCG will be billed as a fluke because it won't be Bama. No need for anyone to take offense about this prediction because Clemson will dominate the top spot until Bama starts conference play, at that time ESPiN will be back to asking if this isn't the Bama GOAT team they were waiting on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I see Georgia leading the SEC this season.

Feb 20, 2019, 12:45 PM

My Dwags have a bit tougher go of it than most UGA fans think. Not just the teams but how they are set up ...

Wk 1 - @ Vandy - Yeah, it's Vandy, but a road game in the SEC ...

Wk 2 - Cupcake

Wk 3 - Cupcake 2.0

Wk 4 - That Catholic School ... in Athens but going to be tough

Wk 5 - BYE

Wk 6 - @ Tenn w/ Both teams having a BYE the prior week

Wk 7 - SC in Athens - SC a BYE the prior week

Wk 8 - Kentucky in Athens

Wk 9 - BYE

Wk 10 - FL - Both teams have a BYE the prior week

Wk 11 - Missouri in Athens w/ Missouri having a BYE the prior week

Wk 12 - @ Auburn w/ Auburn having a BYE the week before

Wk 13 - TAM

Wk 14 - @ GT

Five SEC games with team that have a BYE the prior week ... I think that will wear on us ... we better have depth ...

Feb 19, 2019, 5:23 PM

Uh Clemson also has 11 players going to the combine. Quit licking Bama's nut sack they don't deserve it this year. Other people outside still can't deal with Clemson being Bama's equal right now.

Rat poison!***

Feb 19, 2019, 6:53 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic