Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Virginia's Tony Bennett says Dabo Swinney's call to him was "powerful"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

TNET: Virginia's Tony Bennett says Dabo Swinney's call to him was "powerful"

May 16, 2019, 7:01 AM

Virginia's Tony Bennett says Dabo Swinney's call to him was "powerful"

Dabo Swinney has endured failure, and he has enjoyed success, so when March Madness rolled around this year, he felt like he knew what Virginia basketball head coach Tony Bennett was going through. Sitting over a cheeseburger with his wife Kathleen one Sunday, Swinney reached out to ACC Commissioner John Swofford for Bennett’s number. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Virginia's Tony Bennett says Dabo Swinney's call to him was "powerful"

May 16, 2019, 7:21 AM

I'm proud of Dabo for doing what he was lead to do even though it took effort and he was putting himself out there. He listen to what the Holy Spirit wanted him to do.
That's hard for all of us because of our pride not to sound crazy or something an it was exactly what Tony neeeded to hear.
I love our Coach!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: TNET: Virginia's Tony Bennett says Dabo Swinney's call to him was "powerful"

May 16, 2019, 12:16 PM

It sounds to me like that God used Dabo to speak to Tony Bennett, and Dabo recognize what God wanted him to do and he done it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2019, 2:04 PM

And then He used Tony to speak to all of his players. Spreading the Word. It is so great how these men are using their platform for good.

Tony looks good for his age. I wonder if he told Dabo how

May 16, 2019, 7:57 AM

he left his heart in San Francisco?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tony looks good for his age. I wonder if he told Dabo how

May 16, 2019, 9:40 AM

he left his heart in San Francisco?

I wonder how many of us are old enough to get that. I am.

May 16, 2019, 12:25 PM

I had the privilege of hearing Tony Bennett sing, "I Left My Heart in San Francisco" and meeting him in person.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2019, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Tony looks good for his age. I wonder if he told Dabo how ]

I'm pretty sure it was Alabama that left there heart in San Francisco. Or nearby!

May 16, 2019, 8:25 AM

Dabo Swinney has endured failure, and he has enjoyed success, so when March Madness rolled around this year, he felt like he knew what Virginia basketball head coach Tony Bennett was going through. Sitting over a cheeseburger with his wife Kathleen one Sunday, Swinney reached out to ACC Commissioner John Swofford for Bennett’s number. Full Story »

Excellent article, David. Thanks for this. Keep on sharing with us how Dabo’s faith and influence is spreading out to other athletic programs and others schools, as well as down thru high schools and up thru the NFL, NBA, etc.

Everybody in the world is either playing on a sports team or cheering for one. Dabo could change the world for the better one team at a time. You are facilitating that by sharing these stories. Well done.

Thrills my heart!!! God still showing up! ????***

May 16, 2019, 8:26 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2019, 8:33 AM

Dear Dabo please put Brad and Monte on speed dial. They need a little help. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dear Dabo please put Brad and Monte on speed dial

May 16, 2019, 9:34 AM

I was thinking the same thing, but dont stop there: Mtennis and more please

When/if the Lord tells him to do so, I'm sure he will.***

May 16, 2019, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Virginia's Tony Bennett says Dabo Swinney's call to him was "powerful" ]

May 16, 2019, 11:10 AM

Those are two of the best dudes in all of coaching. If you listen to Bennett talk, especially when you listen to him talk about developing men and not just players, it's very similar to the way Dabo talks.

Absolutely, there is an undeniable common denominator.***

May 16, 2019, 11:30 AM

Re: Absolutely, there is an undeniable common denominator.***

May 16, 2019, 9:31 PM

Went to FCA Banquet at Presbyterian College this week. It was mentioned coaches have an opportunity to touch more lives in a season than most of us can in a lifetime. Dabo and Tony Bennet certainly do that very well.

Who could not like this article, outside of Bronco Mendenhal

May 16, 2019, 11:21 AM

Would want his son to play for Dabo, sorry Bronco your name is not unusual enough.

May 16, 2019, 11:34 AM

Best coach in college basketball ..... maybe all of basketball!

Maybe we have a shot with T Bennett if...

May 16, 2019, 12:20 PM

Brad ever leaves since Tony and Dabo are good friends.

He could talk Bennet into coming here since it Is such a special place. Crazier things have happened...

I'm not sure crazier things have happened

May 16, 2019, 7:41 PM

It would pretty much be akin to UVA saying "maybe Dabo would come to UVA because Dabo and Tony are clearly friends".

Re: I'm not sure crazier things have happened

May 16, 2019, 9:11 PM

After Dabo becomes AD it doesn’t really sound that far fetched....

Re: I'm not sure crazier things have happened

May 17, 2019, 9:52 AM

It absolutely does. Clemson is several demonstrable steps down from UVA in basketball with regards to success, facilities, financial support, fan support, etc... It would be a major step down for Bennett

Most people don't think Duke, UNC, Kentucky, etc... could pull Bennett away from UVA. UCLA and Indiana didn't even really try to get him. Being on friendly terms with Dabo isn't going to draw Bennett to a significantly weaker coaching position than he currently has.

Just listen to him speak in this video. Sounds a lot like DS

May 16, 2019, 12:39 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5pT3f1-3C8

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2019, 1:43 PM

Dabo went to the White House, why didn't you Tony?

Whenever I Feel Compelled....

May 16, 2019, 4:56 PM

to do something I call those " God's Shoulder Taps " . It maybe doing something like buying a kid a candy bar when he's in line at the grocery store check-out with his mom: who has told him we can't afford it. Or cutting the neighbor's grass when she's not feeling well.

We all get his shoulder taps ...for real .

Re: Whenever I Feel Compelled....

May 16, 2019, 7:32 PM

Praise HIM....

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2019, 7:31 AM

hmmm....were they both sitting over the same cheeseburger? this is unacceptable. We may need to pay him more.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic