Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Tigers preparing for Hurricane Florence, Georgia Southern
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,601

TNET: Tigers preparing for Hurricane Florence, Georgia Southern

Sep 11, 2018, 3:56 PM

Tigers preparing for Hurricane Florence, Georgia Southern

Clemson goes from the intensity of a road game on primetime television last week to the friendly confines of Death Valley and a team from the Sun Belt this week. Add in the threat of a hurricane and rain, and it makes for an interesting week of preparation for the second-ranked Tigers. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Tigers preparing for Hurricane Florence, Georgia Southern

Sep 11, 2018, 4:02 PM

We tend to abandon the running to much for to long at times. We'll rip off runs for 12,6,8 yards and then throw 9 out of the next 10 plays. I think after those plays with Rogers and Higgins we just started looking for the big play every time.

Sep 11, 2018, 4:40 PM

You're absolutely right. You have to stay committed to the run. Those 3-4 yard carries in the first quarter turn into 6-7 yard carries in the second, and eventually you bust one.

Can't be afraid to run power on 3rd and 7 once in a while.

I know it's easy to Monday quarterback, but we need better balance. The only way this OL gets better, is through repetition.

Go Tigers!

Sep 11, 2018, 4:05 PM

I’m surprised Dabo mentioned John Simpson but didn’t make any mention of Falcinelli. Geez. Talk about not playing to the standard... I’ve watched the game twice now and there are plays where he’s literally thrown into the air and onto his back. I honestly thought we’d see Cervenka immediately. And JC Chalk? He missed three critical blocks in one series alone. Sorry for the rant, just always surprised to see how gets mentioned and how some just float under the radar.

Sep 11, 2018, 4:19 PM

I'm sure names were called out elsewhere...

Sep 11, 2018, 5:06 PM

I agree with you all. I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time I heard Dabo say we need to get the ball to the backs more. I hope he holds Elliott and Scott accountable for making that happen! They don't have to all be runs up the middle either. The Tigers have enough speed to get to the edge. It would also be nice to see more passes in the middle of the field with the Tight Ends or at least routes in the middle will keep the opposing D honest or the Tight Ends will have a big day!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2018, 10:13 PM

I know this is stupid to say and will probably get me ripped for saying it, but a small part of me wonders if they’re just trying to keep the backs fresh for later in the season like they tended to do with DW4 in ‘16. Like others have said, I just can’t fathom why in the heck they didn’t try to expose that over aggressive DL with more outside runs.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weather is an equalizer

Sep 11, 2018, 5:13 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2018, 7:22 PM

I propose we wind the clock to 60:00 turn it on and let loose the hounds of hale until it shows 00:00

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The coach and players have figured out what went haywire, a

Sep 11, 2018, 11:38 PM

great learning experience and we won. Let's move on!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,601
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic