Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Team First: DJ Uiagalelei cares more about championships than the Elite 11
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

TNET: Team First: DJ Uiagalelei cares more about championships than the Elite 11

Jun 28, 2019, 10:45 PM

Team First: DJ Uiagalelei cares more about championships than the Elite 11

DJ Uiagalelei cares more about team championships than he does his own awards and he cares more about his teammates than he does himself. Uiagalelei will fit in just fine at Clemson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Team First: DJ Uiagalelei cares more about championships than the Elite 11

Jun 28, 2019, 11:09 PM

This is another very special QB headed to Clemson, and winning championships is his #1 goal, gotta love it Tigers!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I applaud his team devotion...

Jun 29, 2019, 9:58 AM

I think he is making a mistake for his future growth as a QB. Exposure to other quality QBs but missing out on some quality coaching, typically i would expect former NFL players and college coaches to be a step above HS coaching.

While he might have been the best HS QB there, you can almost always learn somthing from other top level QBs.

Love the guy! He might be a 4yr guy if he is that devoted to his team? Glad he is a Tiger!

He's been to plenty of camps with pro coaching

Jun 29, 2019, 11:33 AM

including the Manning camp last month. Your premise is correct in many ways but you're talking 4 years down the road. He can seek outside coaching during his time at Clemson if he likes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

No, he’s not making a mistake

Jun 29, 2019, 1:17 PM [ in reply to While I applaud his team devotion... ]

He’s had plenty of good coaching and guidance. He will be exposed to plenty more. He wants to be with his team, to prepare to win games with his team. Elite 11 is as much about individual promotion as it is training. If DJ had decided to go there, fine... but his team means more, and that’s ok. It’s very good.

Remember late in the spring game when Trevor came back in, even though his position as starter and his skill are unquestioned? Remember when Deshaun beat the coots on one leg because they just HAD to be beaten? Guys like this want to WIN. It’s in their blood. We go after guys like that now. That’s why WE ARE CHAMPIONS NOW.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: While I applaud his team devotion...

Jun 29, 2019, 5:46 PM [ in reply to While I applaud his team devotion... ]

I'm not sure very young, gifted QBs have a lot to learn from other very young, gifted QBs. These guys are never on the field at the same time. If a certain camp offers defensive talent, where you have 300 pound guys getting in your face in 2 seconds or cornerbacks who can turn out patterns thrown on a rope into pick-6s, then there a learning curve for the prodigy.

On a more mundane level, how do pronounce his name? I would guess WEE-uh-guh-LEH-lay, but I'm almost certainly wrong.

Without seeing an actual side-by-side

Jun 29, 2019, 12:58 AM

A picture of DJs arm just before release looks so much like Trevor Lawrence. Interesting the way they look so similar and both have great production. It’s a great era to be a Tiger, that’s for sure!

Re: TNET: Team First: DJ Uiagalelei cares more about championships than the Elite 11

Jun 29, 2019, 7:47 AM

I have read multiple articles saying his injury was a bad cut to his hand that he got on a medicine cabinet. This article says he broke his hand??

So DJU is still the #1 overall 2020 recruit on Rivals

Jun 29, 2019, 9:26 AM

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals100/

the #13 overall recruit on 247

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

and the #50 overall recruit on ESPN

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2020/order/true

It's like ESPN took the top names and drew them out of a hat.
Shows how unscientific these rankings are. Good thing the
coaches do their own evaluating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So DJU is still the #1 overall 2020 recruit on Rivals

Jun 29, 2019, 10:00 AM

Those are the same people that had Trevor as the second best QB in Ga.

Re: So DJU is still the #1 overall 2020 recruit on Rivals

Jun 29, 2019, 10:24 AM [ in reply to So DJU is still the #1 overall 2020 recruit on Rivals ]

ESPN 300 ranked Garcia ahead of Cam Newton when they were seniors in HS. That's when I quit paying attention to rankings.

not Wishing away our time with Lawrence by any means

Jun 29, 2019, 6:09 PM

But looking forward to seeing this young man lead the tigers to more Championships

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't be surprised if we get one under the tutelage . . .

Jun 29, 2019, 7:09 PM

of Chase Brice or Taisun Phommachanh before the reigns are ever earned by DJ!!!

Re: Don't be surprised if we get one under the tutelage . . .

Jun 29, 2019, 10:24 PM

I see what you're saying bc for sure we all know that Chase Brice is a solid QB for us, and I believe that Taisun will develop to also be a solid QB for us but, TL and DJ fits the type of WR's that we tend to go after and have. They are usually tall, fast, sure handed, and can get way down field in a wink, so what I'm saying without diminishing the talents of Chase or Taisun is this, for us to maximize the receiver talent we have and recruit to Clemson, it takes a TL/DJ type of strong down field arm talent with the long ball pin point accuracy to make the most of our WR core IMO!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic