Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney's wait-and-see approach to recruiting working to Tigers' advantage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney's wait-and-see approach to recruiting working to Tigers' advantage

Jul 20, 2019, 2:01 PM

Swinney's wait-and-see approach to recruiting working to Tigers' advantage

Some schools offer hundreds of prospects each recruiting cycle, hoping to land the twenty or so they think can help their program. Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney handles offer in a different way than other coaches, and it’s working. Oh boy is it working. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney's wait-and-see approach to recruiting working to Tigers' advantage

Jul 20, 2019, 2:14 PM

Shore is working for the Tigers . Ya gotta love our coach for his vision and caring, not to mention recruiting and player development. First class from any perspective.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney's wait-and-see approach to recruiting working to Tigers' advantage

Jul 20, 2019, 3:09 PM

Yes Sir, and that's probably why we have won 2 NCG in a 3 year period. I expect that is the way it will be with Dabo as our HC, in the NCG every other year or so with our staff building championship type talent. I am hoping for a back to back NC win in the mix at some point, and if it isn't this coming season, it will be possible I think in the Sophomore/junior season of the Bryan Bresee class of that elite recruiting class!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang, wished I'd had this Wait & See philosophy when dating!

Jul 20, 2019, 3:17 PM

But I rushed it, every time!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Under-Appreciated Aspect Of Our Teams Success

Jul 20, 2019, 3:25 PM

This is how they can take 3 star guys late. I have seen 3 star guys not have major college offers real late in the recruiting process. Like March late. Those players went on to a smaller school and got drafted.
What he said about development is key.
A kid that's a Fr or So. may just be bigger/faster/stronger than everyone around them at the time. But, they may have reached the height of their capability. Plateaued.
Well, you can't develop a player that has plateaued any further. And, they won't help your football team. I think Chris Peterson at Washington is great at talent evaluation as well as our staff.
With transfers appearing to be the new normal in college football - you had better be right about the players you bring in.
Or you had better have guys that have a 1. willingness to get better. 2. a ceiling to get bigger/stronger/faster physically.
Awesome stuff!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dang, wished I'd had this Wait & See philosophy when dating!

Jul 20, 2019, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Dang, wished I'd had this Wait & See philosophy when dating! ]

You should quit offering the ladies those huge diamonds on the first date.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2019, 4:34 PM

ncaa should change the rules, and not let Fresh and Soph make a life changing decision. Recruit yes, even offer but the kids can't accept. Although not binding, it can still be detrimental to the player. Other teams back off, and then in the 11th hour they get left in the lurch.

Hey Bill, I married the 1st girl who asked. (Don't tell her that)

Jul 20, 2019, 7:49 PM

How could the NCAA regulate the speech of a high school freshman or sophomore who says “I want to commit to school X”.

If they had such a rule, how would it be enforced? Penalize the player, HS team, prospective college team?

NCAA has a hard enough time with enforcement of the rules it already has without trying to add new ones restricting high school players ability to express themselves. Also would seem a bit unconstitutional.

Jul 21, 2019, 4:43 PM

So, how can the pros restrict football players from being drafted until they are 3 years out of HS, basketball players from being drafted until they are a year out of HS, and who can figure out why baseball is the way it is. Sounds pretty unConstitutional to me. Do you think the has ever been a HS sophomore that could contribute to a pro bball team? Think Zion would have been drafted for his future ability? How many times have you heard it said that TL should shut down the rest of his college eligibility to prep for his pro career?

There is plenty of rules about drafting college players who are considered adults. Why wouldn't high school players who are minors be subject to restrictive rules?

Makes the kids continue to work hard & get better

Jul 20, 2019, 5:10 PM

by waiting and trying to EARN that scholarship. Too many of today's kids think they DESERVE that free ride and will coast believing that they have it made. Dabo has shown he doesn't mind dropping a guy off their "big board" and moving on to someone else who has shown more determination to get better or show some character.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic