Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Spring preview: Trevor Lawrence managing high expectations leading Clemson QBs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 4,571

TNET: Spring preview: Trevor Lawrence managing high expectations leading Clemson QBs

Feb 18, 2019, 1:26 PM

Spring preview: Trevor Lawrence managing high expectations leading Clemson QBs

Breaking down the Tigers position by position going into the start of spring football on Feb. 27, starting with Trevor Lawrence and a talented QB room. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Spring preview: Trevor Lawrence managing high expectations leading Clemson QBs

Feb 18, 2019, 1:35 PM

So Trevor gets to raise his own bar...Far Out...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Spring preview: Trevor Lawrence managing high expectations leading Clemson QBs

Feb 18, 2019, 4:32 PM

TL, best college player in America.

Feb 18, 2019, 2:09 PM

How about Ben Batson to TE? Good size. Good hands. Just a thought...

Feb 18, 2019, 2:20 PM

6-0,200? Maybe safety? Need him at QB right now, though.

Feb 18, 2019, 4:38 PM

No, we don't need him at QB right now. He's not a D-1 level QB. And certainly not at an elite program like Clemson. We could bring in 10 different JUCO QB's better than Batson. But, he can probably be very good player at a different position. I mean we are the national champs! What are we thinking??

Feb 18, 2019, 5:14 PM

Hate to burst your bubble, but we don't do JuCo players.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2019, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Spring preview: Trevor Lawrence managing high expectations leading Clemson QBs ]

Good idea. He's a good athlete, but he's not going to make it a QB at Clemson with the talent we have and the talent we have coming in. Put him in another position where he could shine, and very possibly have a shot at the NFL. That's just not going to happen for him at QB. WR??

Feb 19, 2019, 1:36 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Spring preview: Trevor Lawrence managing high expectations leading Clemson QBs ]

As bad as we need a good hands TE, Batson could be a good idea to try him at TE with more weight and muscle. And his dad could most like change his body type pretty quick, and they maybe already talking about that behind the closed doors at home!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2019, 2:09 PM

They should go ahead and give Lawrence the Heisman since they like to give the Heisman away early lol. Especially considering what he did to Alabama it the NCG. Seriously tho if this kid gets any better it will be baffling but the sky is the limit! Go Tigers ??

Feb 18, 2019, 2:41 PM

I don’t know any better than the coaches, but if we run TL, it will be a mistake. He can sling it and we have backs that can run it very well. Wildcat ETN or something else but don’t run TL.

Feb 18, 2019, 3:33 PM

Don't run TL unless it is a very important game and we need the dynamic of a QB run now and then.

Feb 18, 2019, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Spring preview: Trevor Lawrence managing high expectations leading Clemson QBs ]

I agree. Why risk it??

Feb 18, 2019, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Spring preview: Trevor Lawrence managing high expectations leading Clemson QBs ]

I’m putting the over-under for TLs longest run at 47 yards this year. Probably come against NC State or BC - somebody who wants to shut down Travis. He ran like a guy that craves contact in the NC game and he’s only going to get stronger.

Feb 18, 2019, 6:17 PM

I agree he was running like he craved contact and wanted to force his will on Bama in the NCG. It reminded me of Tajh Boyd in the bowl game against LSU. LSU kept trying to slaughter him and he kept getting up and smacking them in the mouth

Feb 22, 2019, 3:37 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Spring preview: Trevor Lawrence managing high expectations leading Clemson QBs ]

I agree that he should never have a design run play in his package. If he runs, it should be only bc he is buying time to find a crack in coverage to hit a receiver, THE ONLY TIME!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, I'll give you that Watson is the standard.

Feb 18, 2019, 5:07 PM

This time next year we won't be having this discussion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2019, 1:30 AM

The one only thing that I hope we don't hear a single word about going into Fall camp, and that is of how close the QB competition is bc, we all know who the starter will be if there is no injury, and that guy is Trevor Lawrence, and he don't need any BS talk about how close anybody else is to him, and Brice will be the backup to Trevor, and he don't need to hear any BS either that could cause him to start trying to force what we all already know what he can do. Everybody else just get in line, and if they don't want to work hard to get better, oh well, they will be leaving the door open for who ever else that comes in, to be able to pass them bc they didn't work their butts off to get better just bc Trevor and Brice were locked in!!! I will always be be one of the first to say the best man should play, but with the two we have as starter and backup, it would take a #### of a special someone to come in right out of HS and beat either one of those two guys out bc, with the time those two very talented QBs have in over anybody else, it would take a miracle for another to come in and pass Trevor or Brice. Personally, I don't think that could ever happen with the talent and experience those two already have over any HS QB coming in!!!!

Feb 20, 2019, 5:37 AM

Dang TLaw... somebody goy in my mans head.

Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence seen shoving player during intramural basketball game | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/clemson-quarterback-trevor-lawrence-seen-shoving-opposing-player-during-intramural-basketball-game

Feb 22, 2019, 3:31 AM

I approve this message, looks like street BB to me!!!

Feb 20, 2019, 5:37 AM

Dang TLaw... somebody goy in my mans head.

Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence seen shoving player during intramural basketball game | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/clemson-quarterback-trevor-lawrence-seen-shoving-opposing-player-during-intramural-basketball-game

Replies: 20
| visibility 4,571
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic