Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Next Man Up: Diondre Overton ready to step and play the slot if needed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

TNET: Next Man Up: Diondre Overton ready to step and play the slot if needed

Mar 28, 2019, 8:37 AM

Next Man Up: Diondre Overton ready to step and play the slot if needed

Wide receiver Diondre Overton had one of Wednesday’s better catches during Clemson’s practice inside Death Valley, and he did it from the slot receiver position. Overton is working out in the slot because projected starter Amari Rodgers tore his ACL during Monday’s practice and will miss significant time. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Next Man Up: Diondre Overton ready to step and play the slot if needed

Mar 28, 2019, 9:34 AM

Imagine Higgins, Ross, Overton, and Lay/Galloway on the field at the same time. All 6'4 or taller lol. Matchup nightmare. But, Chase and DK seem like the likely options at the slot. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Re: TNET: Next Man Up: Diondre Overton ready to step and play the slot if needed

Mar 28, 2019, 10:34 AM

Ah yes, the hail mary RPO. Hang on while I squeeze one out really quick.

You've had 25 minutes now Tex....

Mar 28, 2019, 11:02 AM

feeling better?

LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2019, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Next Man Up: Diondre Overton ready to step and play the slot if needed ]

Thats What I was thinking. I REALLY like getting Overton on the field. He's seemed like a under utilized Talent since he's been here to me.

Mar 28, 2019, 10:45 AM

Under utilized is understatement, it's go time D.O. grab your lunch box and go to work young man.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2019, 12:33 PM

This is definitely the opportunity he needed, no matter how it came. Like Powell, I just didnt see him taking plays away from Higgins aad Ross, and with Ladson and Ngata here, was going to be tough. Bloom wherever you are planted and you will be successful young man, the time is now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2019, 10:27 AM

:)

this young man deserves more touches (IMHO) - go D.O.!***

Mar 28, 2019, 10:52 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Mar 28, 2019, 11:00 AM

Maybe that's where he can finally break out and show the great talent we all know he has.

When Rodgers went down the first name I thought of

Mar 28, 2019, 11:24 AM

Was Overton. Hopefully he can step in and show out! He’s extremely talented!

Mar 28, 2019, 11:24 AM

This move could make Overton’s NFL career. They love guys that can play all WR positions and to be 6’4” in the slot.

I'm thinking Brownell needs to recruit from WRU

Apr 4, 2017, 5:26 PM

Put Higgins, Adams and a couple more and that will get you into the Big Dance next year.

I think TJ Chase and Cornell Powell will be more than

Mar 28, 2019, 12:29 PM

adequate to take up the primary slack in the slot but Overton will present a new look and some serious confusion to DBs in any coverage because of the post snap switch possibilities... If bama thought the defense presented post snap looks, they are going to crap their pants when the offense begins making post snap changes...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2019, 3:00 PM

DO is incredibly talented, he has silently made some absolutely insane catches over his first 2 years. He may have some of the best hands on the team imo.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic