Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Keeping Venables: Clemson set to approve mega-contract for defensive coordinator
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

TNET: Keeping Venables: Clemson set to approve mega-contract for defensive coordinator

Jul 19, 2018, 7:29 AM

Keeping Venables: Clemson set to approve mega-contract for defensive coordinator

Defensive coordinator Brent Venables has been arguably the nation’s most valuable assistant coach over the last several seasons, and the Clemson Board of Trustees is set to approve a new contract for Venables Thursday morning that is the largest known contract in college football for an assistant coach. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dave Aranda

Jul 19, 2018, 8:08 AM

FTFY

Re: Dave Aranda

Jul 19, 2018, 8:43 AM

Came to say that. They may have been referring to the love child of Dave Aranda and Matt Canada.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a lot of green for Jimmy Greenbeans!***

Jul 19, 2018, 8:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Priority investment...***

Jul 19, 2018, 8:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Keeping Venables: Clemson set to approve mega-contract for defensive coordinator

Jul 19, 2018, 8:35 AM

BOT Squashing the " Head Coach at KState " rumors under the crushing weight of a boatload of Benjamins . Our defenses under Venables have been outstanding , and expect that to continue .

Rumor mill is that he will be paid ALL IN 2 dollar bills , collected from the various CFB Playoff and Championship areas that he has helped Clemson football travel to .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Lol! Yes he's the best we have had in years!

Jul 19, 2018, 9:27 AM

He earns his keep I'd say. His Achilles heel however is it seems at least once or twice a game there is that play when our coverage is busted like a paper bag and a decent qb finds that open man - hopefully with our DL this season he won't have enough time!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lol! Yes he's the best we have had in years!

Jul 19, 2018, 9:37 AM

He can only teach, he can't go out and make the plays for his guys, and I'm sure when we see busted plays, I'm sure the player responsible will more than hear from BV in practice. I'm sure that play and that player is used the following practice as a tool to teach from....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Keeping Venables: Clemson set to approve mega-contract for defensive coordinator

Jul 19, 2018, 8:51 AM

;)

The price of Dippin Dots just went up ...

Jul 19, 2018, 9:03 AM

I shudder to think what bottled water will cost in September

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The price of Dippin Dots just went up ...

Jul 19, 2018, 9:03 PM

Five bucks for a 2oz conical cup like those used at golf courses. You'll need huge $$$ availability on your visa or mc for anything else.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Money well spent.***

Jul 19, 2018, 9:07 AM

... and WORTH EVERY PENNY!

Jul 19, 2018, 9:16 AM

Love the commitment shown by the University!

Re: ... and WORTH EVERY PENNY!

Jul 19, 2018, 9:00 PM

I think that BV has also shown a strong commitment to Dabo and Clemson, so I see nothing wrong with compensating the job that BV has done, and his loyalty to the FB program and his employers. I mean do what it takes to keep the best ones, if Clemson don't, another school will!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2018, 9:45 AM

The price of success, I guess. Just promise me we won't end up like jaded Alabama fans.

Jul 19, 2018, 9:56 AM

Dabo not Dabo without Mr.DEFENSE. Happy to keep him and invest for the future. If Dabo retires early or goes somewhere. Head coach Mr. V. At least 10 years down the road. Not sure Dabo will coach until he is old as dirt. Just my feelings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2018, 10:58 AM

Pay him whatever it takes... He is a defensive mastermind.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One more assistant coach we need to pay up for

Jul 19, 2018, 12:07 PM

It just became paramount we give coach Smo a good contract extension too.

Somebody's got to keep Venables off the field. That man is worth every penny.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2018, 12:41 PM

Jul 19, 2018, 12:46 PM

It also helps in recruiting when players see that the same coaches are there to stay.

Jul 19, 2018, 1:21 PM

I read a study a couple of years ago about the financial/economic impact of Coastal Carolina winning the baseball national championship. It was huge. I've never seen such a study on Clemson winning the football NC (I'm sure there must be one somewhere in the university) but one can only imagine that the benefit to the University, the area, and the state is beyond huge. Congratulations to the Board for recognizing that a solid investment pays off exponentially. GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic