Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Humble MVP: Trevor Lawrence credits teammates for his Cotton Bowl performance
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

TNET: Humble MVP: Trevor Lawrence credits teammates for his Cotton Bowl performance

Dec 31, 2018, 7:01 AM

Humble MVP: Trevor Lawrence credits teammates for his Cotton Bowl performance

A big question facing No. 2 Clemson before the Cotton Bowl centered on the relative youth of freshman quarterback Trevor Lawrence. How would the true freshman handle the bright lights and big stage of a College Football Playoff Semifinal? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Humble MVP: Trevor Lawrence credits teammates for his Cotton Bowl performance

Dec 31, 2018, 7:30 AM

Was that a little dart thrown KB's way. Dabo saying that TL was just given start against Syracuse. Just for that week (KB just didn't want to work for his job back). He would have gotten to play regardless. And I don't think we win if KB comes in when TL got injured instead of Chase. When all is said and done, could not have worked out better for all concerned. KB is going to start for MO next year and get a chance to show potential NFL talent(just doesn't have it QB-wise, IMO). And we go on to Natty.

Re: TNET: Humble MVP: Trevor Lawrence credits teammates for his Cotton Bowl performance

Dec 31, 2018, 12:31 PM

KB who??

Wilkins says . . .

Dec 31, 2018, 7:58 AM

Sometimes you get high maintenance guys, other times you get low maintenance guys, but with Trevor he’s a NO MAINTENANCE guy. He just puts his head down, goes to work and grinds everyday to get better.”

Great words from our captain and heart of our team!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One time he did a little fist pump after a TD

Dec 31, 2018, 8:10 AM

but most of the time he just goes back and gets ready for the next play

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and another time . . .

Dec 31, 2018, 8:15 AM

he stared Muscoot down, then went on to the next play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ll take a humble player over a cocky player any day of the week

Dec 31, 2018, 8:32 AM

Humble players don’t quit working

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: I’ll take a humble player over a cocky player any day of the week

Dec 31, 2018, 9:23 AM

Amen about humble players, my friend.

I've been worried all year about meeting up with Alabama with a true freshman QB. But, after seeing what OU could do against Alabama, I feel a little better.
As I have said on this board many times, I went to UT and am a huge Longhorn fan. My daughter lives near Clemson and I am there a lot. I fell in love with Clemson a few years ago from that and I'm now a Clemson fan, also.
Oklahoma is our chief rival and their defense sucks. They were able to slow down Alabama at times on Saturday where they could get back in the game for a little bit. Texas held OU in check somewhat in the Big 12 title game and our defense is crap. The officiating was horrible, as usual, in the Big 12. But, OU was never that good. We were the only team to beat them until Alabama did it, but it wasn't that big of a deal. Without the officials help, Texas would have beaten them twice.
Alabama plays in a mostly overrated conference which the media portrays as about as good as the NFL. It's just not the truth. The SEC runs the NCAA and gets prime bowl matchups such as Purdue vs Auburn. Who the hell didn't see that as a serious mismatch going in? That way the SEC can claim dominance. Aggies vs NC State? Paaaalease. The Wolfpack lost to Wake Forest.

All that to say I like Clemson's chances against the Tide. I'm sure the officiating will be terrible again, but it should be a good game.

Re: I’ll take a humble player over a cocky player any day of the week

Dec 31, 2018, 10:00 AM

Unfortunately we still have to see how he reacts to the attempts to be brutalized by Bama's goon patrol. How will he react when he is being targeted and the officials are standing there with their knowingly smirks on, over and over.

I pray it does not happen but as you saw with Watson and Murray that is what they are allowed to do. It disgusts me that it is allowed.

Their intent is obvious before, during, and after the game. Yet, it keeps being allowed year after year. They have admitted it in interviews following games and I still see it happening at a high rate. Sure some calls get past officials but the Bama treatment is ridiculous in the time of safety rules that we are in, imo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree and also pray it does not happen but I got

Dec 31, 2018, 12:56 PM

a feeling if it does happen we will be taking an eye for eye. One dive at Tua’s foot and he’s done and there’s a lot greater chance of our hit being legitimate.

Alabama is the Duke & UNC version in football where they are allowed a completely different set of rules. Playing Alabama is just like playing Duke & UNC in basketball, you have to beat the team AND the referees, which as we all know is why Rick Barnes had all he could take and notice he didn’t come to the ACC either.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: I agree and also pray it does not happen but I got

Dec 31, 2018, 1:15 PM

I forget sometimes that Rick Barnes was at Clemson. He came to Texas and he did well for a long time, but his teams started sputtering and he had a deal in place with Tennessee almost before he was fired by Texas.
He did take us to the final 4 once. I will give him credit for that, but his teams usually started strong and finished with a dud. Texas basketball fans are garbage, though. I used to just show up at games and find a scalper and got great seats to watch stars like Kevin Durant.

Oh, yea, Duke and UNC have a different set of rules just like Alabama does in football. Rewatch the championship game from last season against Georgia. Clear targeting on Jake Fromm several times and not called. Just ridiculous what they get away with. A simple push by an Alabama player on a special teams play and he was called for a personal foul, yet so many others go uncalled the entire game.

But, here's my biggest problem with Alabama: Who paid for the Tagovailoa family to just uproot from the most beautiful state in America and just move to dumpsville Alabama? Who got them jobs? If the NCAA had a single ball even instead of a set of them like most, they would slap Alabama with probation. Saban and company cheat more than any other school and continue to get away with it.
One of my other favorites was when the real USC had Pete Carroll, Saban called a high school coach and told him to lock up Julio Jones until Pete Carroll was gone. Carroll was a crook, too, but he wasn't even allowed to make contact with Jones because of Saban. True story.

Re: I agree and also pray it does not happen but I got

Dec 31, 2018, 1:19 PM

Also, I write a blog about college football, mostly historical stuff. But, I write about current stuff as well. I wrote an article about Trevor Lawrence when he was in high school and I said he's by far the best QB I've ever seen and I've been following recruiting very seriously since I was a kid in 1974. I've seen Elway, both Mannings and pretty much everybody else and Lawrence blew me away. This kid is greatness. He's still only a freshman so he may make mistakes against the Tide, but he will be a top NFL guy, I am really sure.

I have friends and family that have never seen him play until the other night against Notre Dame and they called and asked who is this guy? He's awesome, they said. I've been trying to tell them about the kid for a while.

Agree 100%***

Dec 31, 2018, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: I’ll take a humble player over a cocky player any day of the week ]

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Dec 31, 2018, 9:57 AM

I loved the postgame with Holly Rowe, where he asked "Where's the confetti?"

Loving the moment.

Dec 31, 2018, 10:02 AM

I think there was confetti during trophy presentation.

Dec 31, 2018, 10:41 AM

I've been telling y'all he would thrive in the playoffs. Talent, intelligence and personality. All he needed was this season to gain the experience. He's ready now to beat Bama.

there was***

Dec 31, 2018, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Humble MVP: Trevor Lawrence credits teammates for his Cotton Bowl performance ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2018, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Humble MVP: Trevor Lawrence credits teammates for his Cotton Bowl performance ]

Great moment except it wasnt Holly Rowe.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic