Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think I've reached my breaking point.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 103
| visibility 1

I think I've reached my breaking point.

Mar 15, 2019, 9:12 AM

I've been a Clemson fan my entire life. I grew up a fan, I went to school there, and I've been a fan ever since I graduated, but it's time for me to take an honest assessment of what Clemson has done for me. First of all, I know that anyone who disagrees with the facts I'm about to share is a Bowden apologist, so don't waste your breath. Secondly, I have no doubt that some of you idiots will resort to name calling rather than have a serious discussion about the state of our athletic department, so save the same old tired routines.

Our athletic department is a dumpster fire. Here are the facts...

Football: Our football team has been moderately successful, but that is only because of our QB talent. Had it not been for that, we would be a .650 type team with a nice Music City Bowl appearance every once in a while. How can you fail at football when every dollar our athletic department makes goes straight to the football coffers? Give me MULTIPLE once in a generation QB's, and unlimited money, and I would win the NC 75% of the time.
Football grade: B-

Baseball: Our Baseball program is clearly trending downward. I like Monte, but he is terrible at managing runners, and ONLY coaches our kids to hit the fastball. And even then, he tells them to try and hit a home run EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Ever heard of small ball? The only reason we have any success here is because Clemson only spends money on football and baseball.
Baseball grade: D--

Women's Basketball: Don't get me started. Drad could not have messed this up if he tried. I could have made that hire in my sleep. Sure, Coach Butler was just fired from Florida, but anyone could see she would have been successful at Clemson. Couple that with the upgrades at Littlejohn, again... sorry Drad, you get no credit for this one.
Women's Basketball grade: C

Men's Basketball: Why are we even fielding a team? We don't try. We put lipstick on Littlejohn and call it a renovation. I know for a fact that those renovations might have caused some kids to look elsewhere or something, probably. And who gives a coach who just made it to the sweet sixteen a new contract? Shortsighted much? Who does this? I think it's clear that CBB is in over his head. He's not emotional enough, like coach K is, to win games. He didn't even make the tournament this year, yet. Dabo said "Best is the Standard", not sure why the athletic department is not making the basketball team live up to a slogan that the football coach said while describing the football team a while back. I knew that giving a coach anything more than a year to year contract would be a mistake. Now CBB's just riding the gravy train. It would not be rash to fire him this week. On the off chance we make the tournament, it will be harder to fire him because he is successful. Plus, if we hire a new coach, and we do make the tournament this year, it will be an awesome turnaround for the new coach to make the tournament in his first game at the helm.
Men's Basketball grade: F+

In summary, as a former IPTAY member, there is no reason for me not to expect Clemson to compete for a National Championship in every sport we play, every year. And if we don't, then we fire people, starting at the top. It's been my experience that employees who fear for their jobs typically perform the best. It's also a PROVEN FACT that potential employees usually respect employers who instill fear in their employees, for the most part.

Anyone who disagrees is a moron...

Respectfully,
Francis Marion

Message was edited per Joe21's request by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

TL;DR***

Mar 15, 2019, 9:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: TL;DR***

Mar 15, 2019, 11:32 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: I think I've reached my breaking point.

Mar 15, 2019, 9:16 AM

That's alot of words.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you.***

Mar 15, 2019, 9:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Freeze dirtbag

Mar 15, 2019, 9:23 AM

Put the crackpipe down and slowly back away with your hands where I can see them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bowden apologist^^^***

Mar 15, 2019, 9:24 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TWEET THAT!!

Mar 15, 2019, 9:24 AM

Oh wait, you would need to knock about 800 words off first :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TWEET THAT!!

Mar 16, 2019, 10:50 AM

Tweets aren't ruled by words, it is ruled by characters that equals number of individual letters;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2019, 9:28 AM

Did you change your ED meds?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2019, 9:28 AM

Could you please grade how softball is doing? Thanks

Mar 15, 2019, 9:40 AM

Exactly my point. See below!

!

Mar 16, 2019, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: I think I've reached my breaking point. ]

That would be very hard to assess at the present time bc, there is no way to tell who is on 1st-on 2nd, or on 3d!!! But at a later date, that program will surely be assessed and judged, but, if I was a betting man, I would bet that DRAD will take a beating over that HC hire also!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2019, 9:29 AM

You failed to mention our pathetic wimmen's softball team!

Mar 15, 2019, 9:37 AM

This part must be sarcasm - Monte coaches hitting the fastball? I'm pretty sure I've read on here previously that the players don't get any hitting coaching at all. You should probably italicize the sarcastic parts so that we know it when we see it in these longer posts.

How do you ITALYSIZE the whole thing??***

Mar 15, 2019, 11:09 AM

Re: How do you ITALYSIZE the whole thing??***

Mar 16, 2019, 11:02 AM

Delete it!!! :)

Mar 15, 2019, 9:39 AM

I stopped reading at "I have no doubt that some of you idiots will resort to name calling rather than have a serious discussion".

Calling people names while calling out people for (future) name calling?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heh Heh Heh***

Mar 15, 2019, 11:11 AM

Mar 15, 2019, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: I think I've reached my breaking point. ]

That 'whooshing' sound that you just heard was extreme sarcasm going over your head. Turn you meter up a LOT higher.

BTW: I had to give FM a +1 for that part being so well played.

Mar 16, 2019, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: I think I've reached my breaking point. ]

Is that where we became morons? ;)

I can tell by the TDs...

that some people just can't accept facts.

#sorrynotsorry

Some folks skipped

Mar 15, 2019, 9:43 AM

Sarcasm as a second language classes. It's a valuable education to have had 'round these parts.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can tell by the TDs...

Mar 16, 2019, 11:17 AM [ in reply to I can tell by the TDs... ]

The fact is, this was a healing moment for you by getting all of that off your chest, and to think that someone would actually TD a healing moment, it just doesn't make any sense. But, that is the trouble with most, they never believe that the shoe could some day be on the other foot for them!!! ;)

You always seem more emotional and

irrational around this same time every month. That's odd.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: You always seem more emotional and

Mar 15, 2019, 9:42 AM

yeah, and with it being a leap year and all this happened 2x last month.

Mar 15, 2019, 9:45 AM

I knew Frances was required to get treatment but I didn't know she had escaped.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2019, 9:50 AM

it is one of those lunar things.

Mar 15, 2019, 9:43 AM

Glad to be here amongst the morons.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2019, 9:46 AM

Then call me a moron because I definitely disagree.

Ok.***

Mar 15, 2019, 9:47 AM

You're a moron***

Mar 15, 2019, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: I think I've reached my breaking point. ]

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

ok

Mar 15, 2019, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I think I've reached my breaking point. ]

you are a moran

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Mar 15, 2019, 10:04 AM

I thought everything you said was amazing until I realized you misspelled "moran", forgot to mention our hockey team winning a fight, and left out lots of other things that I can't think of right now.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about if you can't even spell.

Mar 15, 2019, 10:36 AM

null

Message was edited by: LynchesRiverTiger®

Mar 15, 2019, 10:59 AM

Are you a glass half full or empty kind of person? Let me guess...

Go on...***

Mar 15, 2019, 11:12 AM

Here, here......how can we go on?

Mar 15, 2019, 11:16 AM

Should've had my parents blow several hundred grand to lie and cheat my way into a good school just to go to parties and football games cuz I'm not really into the education part of it. Maybe I could have found someone to pay to do my work, but yeah, what to do now?????

at least you're a respectfull

Mar 15, 2019, 11:16 AM

that's encouraging

Message was edited by: Tigerrag89®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2019, 11:29 AM

Nobody cares I didn’t read but 2 sentences and I assure you nobody cares

You should give him a TD.

Mar 15, 2019, 11:41 AM

That'll show him how much you don't care.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: You should give him a TD.

Mar 15, 2019, 11:50 AM

Dude I paid on this site for 7 years , got banned for nothing with 13k pts and a pulse of 97%.
I could have after a week begged back on like most of you do with many pts but I don’t care.
I will never pay another dime to this site
But thanks anyway

I don't blame you.

Mar 15, 2019, 11:53 AM

Crump® can really be a tool when it comes to banning scoks

like you.

Re: I don't blame you.

Mar 15, 2019, 11:55 AM

I have had 2 user names in 10 years , so I don’t get it.
Signed BadB

In Badb's last post, the one where he was telling on armsb...

Mar 15, 2019, 3:49 PM

he only had 10,399 points. Where did other 3000 +/- go?

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Hey-Crump--Can-you-please-tell-Armsb-21651158

Re: In Badb's last post, the one where he was telling on armsb...

Mar 15, 2019, 4:26 PM

So you got banned and then created a scok to come back

Mar 15, 2019, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: You should give him a TD. ]

but you want to convince us you don't care?

Btw...getting banned and creating a new user is against the user agreement B-Meist®

Re: So you got banned and then created a scok to come back

Mar 15, 2019, 11:57 AM

LOL , grown men telling on people
I bet you are a real cool dude

LOL

Mar 15, 2019, 11:58 AM

He's a moran, but not wrong this time.

HTH

Re: LOL

Mar 15, 2019, 12:04 PM

Looks like him, FM and you should get a room

Re: LOL

Mar 16, 2019, 5:38 PM

they are all the same person so technically they are already in a room together. hth

Thank you for the kind words***

Mar 15, 2019, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: So you got banned and then created a scok to come back ]

Re: So you got banned and then created a scok to come back

Mar 15, 2019, 11:59 AM [ in reply to So you got banned and then created a scok to come back ]

If I cared about my pts I would have begged to come back like you have many times .

Re: You should give him a TD.

Mar 15, 2019, 11:54 AM [ in reply to You should give him a TD. ]

And when I could TD I hardly ever did .

Mar 15, 2019, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: I think I've reached my breaking point. ]

I care. I am a very caring person.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lighten Up Francis***

Mar 15, 2019, 11:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2019, 11:35 AM

I think Francis missed the game with NC State where Battle punched the NCSU player and taught him to show some respect. How could he have missed one of the best plays we've ever had?

Start at ~ 1:45 mark and see Battle wave off whatever the pack player is saying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uszAq96a8q8

I don’t see how wearing white helmets will change any of this...

Mar 15, 2019, 11:37 AM

TL;DR, but assumed this is what ur poast is about.

Mar 15, 2019, 11:47 AM

How's the weather in Columbia?

But look at what our football team

Mar 15, 2019, 11:49 AM

Somebody's Mercury in Retrograde?

Mar 15, 2019, 11:56 AM

N/M

Mar 15, 2019, 12:02 PM

Dear Swamp Fox: --- I've read some books that were shorter than your second paragraph. I made two trips to the bathroom before I got to the end and when I returned from the bathroom I had already forgotten what I had read. Could you post a condensed version for us idiots? LOL

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s funny right there, I don’t care who you are!***

Mar 15, 2019, 12:21 PM

Joe, you never cease to amaze me.

Message was edited by: WS Tiger®

You sure .... you weren’t already .....

Mar 15, 2019, 12:22 PM

..... broke .... Francis ?!? -:D

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Coot.***

Mar 15, 2019, 12:48 PM

Mar 15, 2019, 1:31 PM

If you have all of the answers as you seem to indicate in your post why are you not running the athletic department???

I bet you are a current or former youth league coach in one or more sports. If you are I feel bad for those poor kids!

Bowden Supporter and very proud to say so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only reason I have not achieved more...

Mar 15, 2019, 1:43 PM

is I’ve had a series of bad bosses who were basically out to get me.

Re: The only reason I have not achieved more...

Mar 15, 2019, 2:05 PM

You sound like someone with an inferiority complex. It’s always someone else fault for your lack of success. Now I understand why many of your post are so negative.

Just because you went to Clemson does not automatically make you a fan. And just because you did not go to Clemson does not automatically exclude you from being a fan.

IMO a fan is someone who supports their teams regardless of the outcome. Not saying fans can’t complain but when it becomes excessive then I have to question that fans loyalty!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So I’m not a fan because I’m not satisfied with mediocrity?

Mar 15, 2019, 2:15 PM

What am I missing?

Re: The only reason I have not achieved more...

Mar 17, 2019, 11:33 AM [ in reply to The only reason I have not achieved more... ]

haha, you and me both. Most bosses are threatened by my talent and hold me back.

Sooo ... do you consider yourself a fan or an alumnus ?

Mar 15, 2019, 1:45 PM

That would affect my response.

Real fan.***

Mar 15, 2019, 1:47 PM

can you type this again please? start at “hear are the facts”

Mar 15, 2019, 1:55 PM

my apologies for missing most of it, but the cat got into my stash of ostarine and now all #### has broken loose. he’s poured himself a fresca and gin and has rival sons cranked up to 30. he’s a nut

kthx

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: can you type this again please? start at “hear are the facts”

Mar 16, 2019, 1:36 PM

Fresca and Gin? I'm intrigued. But only by your pet's cocktail preference. Some might be impressed by it's ability to pour a drink, but I find this ability to be present for most felines.

In a previous life

Mar 15, 2019, 2:04 PM

... Did you go by manifold or sportssuite1?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t get it?***

Mar 15, 2019, 3:04 PM

Re: I don’t get it?***

Mar 15, 2019, 3:15 PM

It took you 5 pages of Post to finally figure that out??? Wow

Another thing I don’t get is how a Winthrop fan...

Mar 15, 2019, 3:28 PM

can tell a Clemson fan how to be a propper Clemson fan. I would never tell a Winthrop fan how to be a propper Winthrop fan in whatever sports Winthrop plays.

Isn't Winthrop an all girls school anyway?

Mar 15, 2019, 3:34 PM

I think that's why they were formed as Clemson's "sister school"

Honestly, I don’t even know.***

Mar 15, 2019, 5:44 PM

No way Clemson would have a sister school in Charlotte

Mar 15, 2019, 6:25 PM

NC

Re: Isn't Winthrop an all girls school anyway?

Mar 17, 2019, 1:56 AM [ in reply to Isn't Winthrop an all girls school anyway? ]

yes, it is true.

Re: Another thing I don’t get is how a Winthrop fan...

Mar 15, 2019, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Another thing I don’t get is how a Winthrop fan... ]

I am a huge dedicated and loyal Clemson fan for many reasons. One my daughter is a 2015 grad, my sister is a 1980 grad and other family members and friends are Clemson grads to. I have been attending Clemson events since the 70’s long before you stepped on Campus. I was at the 1981 NC game. I have donated money to both Clemson and to Winthrop. So I would say that makes me a pretty loyal Tiger fan.

I have supported Clemson in many ways. You don’t have to be an alum to be a loyal dedicated fan! By the way I notice you are a (former) IPTAY member??? My daughter and I are active members of IPTAY. So I would say I am more of a Clemson Fan who went to Winthrop.

And I don’t remember telling you how to be a fan. I just pointed out how negative many of you post are. And as a paying member of Tigernet I have never changed my screen name. And I at least respect everyone on Tigernet to refrain from calling them morons!

Re: Another thing I don’t get is how a Winthrop fan...

Mar 15, 2019, 8:34 PM

I find that hard to believe

Mar 17, 2019, 1:21 AM [ in reply to I don’t get it?*** ]

The chances of you not secretly being a coot are very low.

Just the like at least one of them had to be a tiger fan trolling fgf. Nobody can be that dumb. Probably.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Nobody can be that dumb.”

Mar 17, 2019, 12:05 PM

I thought that one time too.

Re: “Nobody can be that dumb.”

Mar 17, 2019, 12:11 PM

you must be referring to Snowtown®'s NET poasts from this morning.

Mar 15, 2019, 3:19 PM

Swamp fox you win my award for POTD......Go Tigers!!!!!!

Did you just marjinalize 98% of the football team?

Mar 15, 2019, 3:40 PM

Do you think that TL did this by himself with an average team?

I hope this was sarcasm. If it was, that opens up a huge question of ###? Who has that kind of time and for what end?

BTW, we won't be great in Men's Basketball unless the coaches and University want to play the game with the big boys. That ain't going to happen.

Did you just imply TL is only responsible for 2% of our

Mar 15, 2019, 3:45 PM

team's success?

Re: I think I've reached my breaking point.***

Mar 15, 2019, 7:59 PM

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: I think I've reached my breaking point.***

Mar 15, 2019, 8:01 PM

Change basketball to an F-...

Mar 16, 2019, 11:19 AM

And I’ll agree with you holeheartedly.

~JKB

Mar 16, 2019, 11:45 AM

The most frightening thing about this entire thread, is that someone, a moron, will print it and send it to Dabo, then we will have to listen to his ranting about it in his next presser on how ungrateful that some of our fan base are of Clemson athletics, when this was the opinion of one fan, Francis Marion®!!! Do you see what you have done Francis Marion®!!!:)

I’m embarrassed for the 7 people who don’t get it.***

Mar 16, 2019, 12:28 PM

only 7?? you are far too kind fm. my bet is half the bored...

Mar 16, 2019, 12:35 PM

maybe you’re just old and tired

Message was edited by: theclash®

Re: only 7?? you are far too kind fm. my bet is half the bored...

Mar 16, 2019, 9:10 PM

AHhhhh, you could be onto something there bc, I could see age having a lot to do with the emotions of older folks. It's similar to that of confetti syndrome, it causes tears from the heart when something really good happens to the special care about things in your life!!!

Mar 16, 2019, 4:41 PM

1) I think you're being very harsh in your assessment of the Football programme, we're far better than just relying on a few QBs.

2) In my experience, employers don't perform better when fearing for their jobs. They tend to "play safe" rather than trying to improve or excel.

3) Can you provide a link to the proven facts that potential employees respect those employers who rule by fear?

Mar 16, 2019, 6:33 PM

That is either BS or Sarcasm.-not funny enough to be sarcasm

Mar 16, 2019, 6:57 PM

Assuming you are serious, that is BS.
CLemson football is the envy of every school in the country.
We didn't do it with 2 QBs. We had stellar defensive player and WRs. FACT!

I don't think a middle of the pack ACC team (on the NCAA bubble) is graded an F.
AND baseball is on the rise. We just swept #3 UNC.

WAKE UP or stop doing drugs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yerright! And for the 437th time since joining TigerNet . .

Mar 16, 2019, 8:16 PM

. . . I've mailed back both of my degrees and hang my head in shame!

Or not.

Go, Tigers! BYOG! 2019! Another Freakin' Natty!

Mar 16, 2019, 8:17 PM

Well, this is my 20th year in IPTAY and wish the best for all sports,but I'm not writing that much so brief summary of my thoughts:

Football - loooovvvvvve it! Go Dabo! Kick some chicken butt for the next 100 years
Baseball - no time to follow much other than win/losses, but wish we could get over the recent hump. I go to the CWS each year, wish we could be there more!
Soccer - whatever, not a big fan of the sport in general
Golf - pretty good I guess
Women BBall - really no thoughts either way
Men BBall - this really does bother me because I do like hoops and we are "always" so close yet so far! I think it was a huge mistake to give BB a contract extension after one good season and so many bad ones. I personally feel the misses this year are his fault due to bad coaching

Now I will go back to watching all the conference upsets... :)

Oh! And one other thing. A minor edit . . .

Mar 16, 2019, 8:36 PM

The word is "maroon".
Your final line should have read:
"Anyone who disagrees is a maroon..."

(Edit suggestion courtesy of Mel Blanc & Warner Brothers.)

Your Welcome!

Mar 17, 2019, 4:50 AM

Don’t have anything to add - just wanted to be this thread’s 100th poster .... -:)

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Replies: 103
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic