Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TL Question For The Board
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

TL Question For The Board

Jul 29, 2019, 8:48 AM

TL was a phenom last year and made it look easy, hardly ever having to or choosing to run, rarely having to throw it away, avoid sacks and making NFL-esque throws.

With a veteran O-Line, strong returning receiving corps and ETN the only area of non-awesomeness is a reliable pass-catching TE.

Knowing all of this, how will another off-season with the team and coaches working w/TL improve his game impact his results? I am truly stumped as to what he will do that will be a transformational improvement as I see no glaring weakness. I expect to see just more polish and the ability to run the offense with more rhythm and complexity. I would think we would just see linear type improvements across his game.

Anyone have ideas on what we see other than him leaving most games well before the 4th quarter? Good problem to have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TL Question For The Board

Jul 29, 2019, 8:59 AM

Biggest jump for a QB is typically between his Freshman and Sophomore year. Although his body of work was amazing, he did lack some consistency. He also bailed himself out with a tremendous 3rd down efficiency. I expect him to become a much more consistent player and greater efficiency on 1st and 2nd down. Much like Watson later in his career he will begin to maintain drives down the field and set up big plays by baiting the defense into the coverage they want. It will be difficult for his numbers to increase exponentially but I think he will achieve the same numbers and make it look easy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 29, 2019, 9:17 AM

One wonders if we will see more four WR sets instead of a TE in the game.

Jul 29, 2019, 9:59 AM

I believe we will see a passing game this season that relys more on quick passes to the receivers rather than long passes down the field. Most teams are going to put great pressure on TL which in turn will put pressure on the OL to hold their blocks. If the downfield blocking improves the passing game will put up big numbers. The lack of a Leggett type tight end hurts this ball club...imo. I don’t see a defense being able to stop both the short and long game and TL is good at both. As always, it depends on the upfront guys. We should be good there.

Jul 29, 2019, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: TL Question For The Board ]

Depends on what we can develop with the players we have. There is hope that a TE will emerge from the group we have. If not, you'll see more 10-personnel, but it's not like we've never played without a TE. We've used 4 WRs quite a bit. Some would say (me included) that when Jordan Leggett was in the game we never had a TE.

Jul 29, 2019, 10:01 AM

Yes.

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Jul 29, 2019, 10:05 AM

He should have better chemistry with our WR's too.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic