Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
well-- now its up with quotes from KB-- he's gone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

well-- now its up with quotes from KB-- he's gone

Sep 26, 2018, 9:48 AM

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/clemson/2018/09/26/clemson-football-kelly-bryant-transfer/1427832002/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: well-- now its up with quotes from KB-- he's gone

Sep 26, 2018, 9:49 AM

Doesn’t feel like he’s gotten a fair shot...????

Sep 26, 2018, 9:58 AM

Wow! Surpised at that comment. Am I the minority?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 9:50 AM

I just read that too. If he really said he wasn’t given a fair chance then that really surprises me. He was given every chance and he was out performed. Don’t blame him for wanting to play but please don’t say you weren’t given a fair chance.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 9:55 AM

I think that this is a really difficult and emotional time for him and he's probably not thinking clearly. I know we've all seen the writing on the wall on this for some time, but he's living this and now, after starting for the team last week, he's having to make a very quick decision about redshirting and transferring and I can't imagine most people would handle that situation well. I hope after he's had some time to reflect he reconsiders this and walks it back.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:52 AM

Good riddance. He’s abandoned his team and that speaks volumes about him not being the man he was thought to be. What a selfish immature act.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:56 AM

Hope he transfers to a school we play next year so we can slap him around the field. I'm OK with him transferring but the quotes are just childish.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Re: well-- now its up with quotes from KB-- he's gone ]

Hope he transfers to a school we play next year so we can slap him around the field. I'm OK with him transferring but the quotes are just childish.

So because he has a "childish" moment, you hope we

Sep 26, 2018, 10:02 AM

"slap him across the field"? Keep it classy, TigerNation.

And yet ripping a young man in an emotional time from

Sep 26, 2018, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: well-- now its up with quotes from KB-- he's gone ]

from behind a keyboard is the height of maturity. Well-played, sir.

Re: And yet ripping a young man in an emotional time from

Sep 26, 2018, 10:38 AM

Hey, he ripped his team and his coaches from behind a newspaper, so....fair game is fair game. What he just said is very immature and unclassy of him. he had all the opportunity in the world...He started the first 4 games....his performance starting (or lack thereof in the starting series of every one of the games) is what got him beat. You have to perform, or you can be beat...he knew that. He basically wanted to keep it on seniority and not performance...sorry, Dabo does not work that way.

Sure. He's a kid who just lost his dream, and you're an

Sep 28, 2018, 7:05 AM

entitled fan who thinks the players work for you. I can clearly see why you believe you're as justified as Kelly is in being upset. I mean, you're a brave soul just for crawling out of bed this morning. How do you get through the day knowing that a 21-year-old made a decision you disagree with and said some things you don't like? List of heroes in order: Neil Armstrong, Jonas Salk, Pat Tillman, You.

You are a great, great man.

Nothing In Life Is Guaranteed

Sep 26, 2018, 9:53 AM

Sounds like he believes no matter what he should be the starter because he was the starter last year. Very sad. After transferring, he might play in the NFL but it won't be at the quarterback position.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like he believes he saved our a$$e$ in the Texas A&M

Sep 26, 2018, 10:05 AM

game and is now being dumped. Oh--that and he led us to the playoffs last year. Oh--that and he's tied for the winningest active QB in college football right now. Oh--that and he won at VT and outplayed Lamar Jackson in Louisville last year. Oh--that and he was really only the starter in name only this year.

But yeah...other than that, you nailed it.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:54 AM

I just can't help but feel the coaches mishandled this one.

Clemson should be favored in every game for the rest of the year. They can win every game on the schedule with either QB. If it's that important to KB's ego to "be the starter" then Dabo should have left him as starter and played TL as needed.

Now QB depth is a very real issue.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Sep 26, 2018, 9:55 AM

I feel like maybe your parents mishandled you...and dropped you on your head

Sep 26, 2018, 10:06 AM

Hahaha yeah they probably dropped his chicken a$$ a few times

Sep 26, 2018, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: well-- now its up with quotes from KB-- he's gone ]

Clemson should be favored in every game for the rest of the year. They can win every game on the schedule with either QB. If it's that important to KB's ego to "be the starter" then Dabo should have left him as starter and played TL as needed.

You do that, and you will start to lose the team.

Sep 26, 2018, 10:17 AM

You do that, and you will start to lose the team.

I can buy that argument.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Sep 26, 2018, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: well-- now its up with quotes from KB-- he's gone ]

On the other hand,

I think they could have worked out a situation where both were kept on the team.

It's only one season. TL would have taken the helm next year regardless. Now depth at the QB position is a real issue. Now that Renfrow will have to take snaps at QB that will limit his reps at WR.

Youre pretty dumb.***

Sep 26, 2018, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: well-- now its up with quotes from KB-- he's gone ]

THIS is whats wrong with the world today...

Sep 26, 2018, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: well-- now its up with quotes from KB-- he's gone ]

if you let the players run the team and make the decisions that the coaches are paid to make, thats when all hell breaks loose.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You started and were outperformed by the backup...

Sep 26, 2018, 9:54 AM

...how is that not fair?

Sep 26, 2018, 9:56 AM

The fair shot crap is bs. He was given every opportunity.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 9:58 AM

You know I've been hearing about how KB is such fine young man, and to his credit, he hasn't ever gotten into trouble, but he has attitude problems. I had noticed it with his body language at times, but this article confirms it.

His willingness to run down the staff after they gave him every bit of a fair shot is unfortunate proof that his presence would negatively affect the team and divide the locker room.

He was beaten out plain and simple, and I have no issue with him trying to do what's best for him as far as transferring, but don't be disrectful and take pot shots at the coach who's bent over backwards investing in you. Disgusting!!

Sep 26, 2018, 10:01 AM

Yea, its not a good look. I like KB, feel bad for the guy, and its probably just him being dissapointed and upset and saying immature things, but its not a good look.

You don't know him. Shut up.***

Sep 26, 2018, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: well-- now its up with quotes from KB-- he's gone ]

Re: You don't know him. Shut up.***

Sep 26, 2018, 10:31 AM

We don't know him, but by Kelly stepping out and bashing the coaches, we have learned enough about him to know that his attitude is not a credit to himself or Clemson right now. Nuff said

Well, Lawrence’s performance for the rest of the year

Sep 26, 2018, 10:07 AM

Is going to be the test of whether Kelly feels justified in his decision or not. If Lawrence kills it for the rest of the year, decision will be validated. If not, everyone will see this situation as a mistake in hind sight.

Good luck to Kelly, hope he lands on his feet and accomplishes whatever his goal is.

Go tigers!

Re: Well, Lawrence’s performance for the rest of the year

Sep 26, 2018, 10:49 AM

It will never be a mistake in hindsight. Whether Trevor exceed expectations or has some hiccups, we are now focused on the future of this team. That will pay dividends down the road...whether it be this year, or next year. There's now 1 less guy Trevor or Chase Brice has to share reps with....gets them better prepared.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic