Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Syracuse laughing about the number of Clemson coaches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Syracuse laughing about the number of Clemson coaches

Sep 17, 2019, 9:30 PM

https://syracusefan.com/threads/ten-zillion-clemson-assistant-coaches.146482/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, they can have 90 less coaches and keep losing by 35.

Sep 17, 2019, 9:33 PM

I’m fine with that!

~JKB

Everyone wants to learn from winners and be around winners.

Sep 17, 2019, 9:40 PM

Syracuse take note.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's only funny if you aren't winning national championships

Sep 17, 2019, 9:57 PM

For Clemson it's the cost of doing business.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Syracuse laughing about the number of Clemson coaches

Sep 17, 2019, 10:16 PM

What a stupid comment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

some of their members act 15 too

Sep 17, 2019, 10:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We had to bring extra coaches just in case

Sep 17, 2019, 10:41 PM

some of our regulars succumbed to the heat inside the Dome.

It gets pretty toasty in there so they say.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2019, 10:52 PM

I too noticed the huge travel contingent of 'Clemson staff' on the sidelines. I counted 64 guys in orange shirts walking with the team. I think some were trainers, some where docs, some were S and C guys. It did look like we had very close to one assistant for each player.

I just read today that the ACC limits the number of players who can travel to road conference games. It's hard to believe the league or the NCAA will not limit the traveling assistants to a smaller number
than the 60+ we took to 'Cuse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2019, 10:00 AM

There is a fixed number of paid assistant coaches at 10.

There is also a fixed numbers of graduate assistants who are not paid. I do not know that number exactly.

Anything else you are seeing is S&C, training/medical staff, and support staff.

Clemson does have one of the largest support staff's in the country because Dabo knows the importance of support off of the field. This group includes anyone working with the PAW Journey to sports information and anything else we can think of.

Clemson pays for a large portion of the support staff to go on trips because Dabo values what they do and want them to get rewarded for their hard work behind the scenes with getting to enjoy the results on Saturdays and the occasional Monday night in January.

Logistics and Clemson video are in that number

Sep 18, 2019, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse laughing about the number of Clemson coaches ]

that you counted... but what prompted you to count the number of orange shirts anyway?

I don't know the number of people needed for logistics, but Clemson trucks ALL equipment for the team to all games, including Texas, Arizona and California. There are plenty of support staff who have to load and unload the trucks, organize the equipment, set up the locker rooms, coaches rooms, video support rooms, etc. That's considerable manpower and it is probably on par with the number needed for home games.

As well, the football support staff can and do travel to away games as well, so, coaches were probably the smallest number of that contingent...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2019, 9:01 AM

It’d be interesting to know how many are graduate assistants, because I saw a ton of former players on the sideline in orange shirts. The NCAA probably wouldn’t limit the number of graduate assistants that can help (to an extent) since it is an educational opportunity. Just a guess. When you win two national championships in three years, people want to learn from you. Sorry, Syracuse and the rest of cfb.

Go Tigers!

Sep 18, 2019, 9:22 AM

I would think the same could be said for Syracuse, except it would be a lesson in what NOT to do

Sep 18, 2019, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse laughing about the number of Clemson coaches ]

There is a limit to graduate assistants but some of our former players who are now back with the team are working as part of the PAW Journey and in other areas of the program that do not involve actually coaching.

Sep 18, 2019, 10:13 AM

We'll take the win. Whatever helps those loudmouth yankees sleep at night.

Screw Calford.

Sep 18, 2019, 11:41 AM

Apparently Syracuse has never heard the old saying "It's not all about the X's and O's, you still have to have the Jimmys and Joes". Syracuse needs to recruit better.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic