Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swofford is really blundering accn rollout
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 3,011

Swofford is really blundering accn rollout

Jul 31, 2019, 10:39 PM

How long have they had to get negotiations in place. What's funny is most of the acc territory will not have access, including the nc triangle area. Most cable companies are not on board yet. I do think it's odd that directv has it but uverse doesn't considering they are both owned by att.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Swofford is really blundering accn rollout-it will come

Jul 31, 2019, 10:50 PM

together late. the blunder was delaying and stalling for years to protect his Raycom son and buddies. well actual the leaders of the schools blundered by tolerating this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fire Swofford***

Jul 31, 2019, 11:08 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Fire Swofford***

Aug 1, 2019, 12:46 AM

I Absolutely Agree with the Firing of John Swofford. With all the extensions that prolonged the ACCN actually happening, what was Swofford doing with insuring that TV providers had the complete run down with getting on board without having all these last minute negotiations with the TV providers. The very moment it was learned that the ACCN contracts hadn't already been worked out with all the major TV providers long before the actual date of start up, John Swofford should have been shown the door BC this was suppose to have been the moment that the ACC was to be on the same playing field with all conferences that had already had their network up and going way ahead of the ACC!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2019, 9:07 AM

I would also add that the commissioner should not be a graduate of a member school, nor should he or she have relatives working for a school or the conference itself. Neutrality should never be an issue.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Aug 1, 2019, 12:46 PM

Amen, and Amen!!! With his SON being a major player within RayCom sports is the only reason that ESECPN was ever given all the extensions they were freely given a pass to begin with. I feel that if Swofford's son hadn't been connected to RayCom, A lot more pressure would have been put on ESECPN to get the ACCN up and running long before now!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

par for the course***

Aug 1, 2019, 1:10 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The negotiations aren’t being done by Swofford or The ACC

Aug 1, 2019, 1:59 AM

It’s being handled by ESPN and Disney Media. When August 22 rolls around the ACCN will be available in 70 million plus homes and anyone who wants the ACCN will be able to switch to a carrier that will give you access.

Negotiations take time and sometimes come down to the final hour, just look at Direct TV they have no plans right now to carry NFL Networks, NFL Ticket, or CBS. Will that last the entire football season?

Re: The negotiations aren’t being done by Swofford or The ACC

Aug 1, 2019, 5:04 AM

I'm no fan of Swofford, but I agree with you. At this point, I imagine Swofford has little to no input on the day-to-day operation of the ACC Network including any negotiating with cable companies.

Kill joy!

Aug 1, 2019, 6:43 AM [ in reply to The negotiations aren’t being done by Swofford or The ACC ]

It's much fun to hate Swofford.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Re: The negotiations aren’t being done by Swofford or The ACC

Aug 1, 2019, 9:20 AM [ in reply to The negotiations aren’t being done by Swofford or The ACC ]

That doesn't mean that Swofford should not be on top of the situation. He should be involved, if not directly, then indirectly pushing the agenda that is best for the ACC, and keeping member schools (and fans) up to date on details.

--Henry David Thoreau

SEC Network had a similar timeframe

Aug 1, 2019, 6:17 AM

Of their carriage pickup as well. It’s just how these negotiations work. The longer it plays out the more leverage the cable companies have.

As said above Disney/ESPN is doing the negotiations, not the ACC. If anything was bungled it was not rolling out the network sooner after cord cutting really gained a lot of steam or taking your time and creating an add-on digital streaming service to go with it to allow the cord cutters access to the ACCN while generating revenue without a middle man.

Re: Swofford is really blundering accn rollout

Aug 1, 2019, 6:36 AM

jgtiger said:

How long have they had to get negotiations in place. What's funny is most of the acc territory will not have access, including the nc triangle area. Most cable companies are not on board yet. I do think it's odd that directv has it but uverse doesn't considering they are both owned by att.

It would appear you are not familiar with the negotiation process works...

Aug 1, 2019, 6:50 AM

Relax. This is what happens with EVERY network rollout. And the process has nothing to do with Swofford.

Aug 1, 2019, 7:44 AM

But - we can still fire you, can't we Swofford?

One word

Aug 1, 2019, 7:42 AM

Hulu

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: One word

Aug 1, 2019, 9:02 AM

are they including their infamous hoops? if so count me in

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2019, 9:17 AM

I don't care for Swofford either but doubt he's doing any negotiations. However, one fact is true, the more money the cable, satellite, streaming services and advertisers pay, the more money the Tigers (and all ACC schools) get. That's the bottom line.

We will know just before (or at the latest the day of) the GT game who is and who isn't going to carry the ACCN. I'm fortunate enough to be going to the GT game so if Charter/Spectrum drops the ball, I should be able to have enough time to make the provider switch before the A&M game.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 3,011
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic