Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
.05 law might be coming in MI
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

.05 law might be coming in MI

Mar 25, 2019, 11:49 AM

any other states out there threatening this one? If so, Uber even after a dinner and one drink with the wife is plausible.

"Hammoud, 29, a non-drinker with a background in public health, introduced a package of bills last week that would lower the threshold for drunk driving to a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.05, from the current 0.08."

----How would he know? He doesnt drink and more than likely doesnt due to his faith. So is he pushing something faith based or actually health risk based?-----

"You and I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that no one is drunk at .05," said William Maze, whose Livonia-based law practice has focused on alcohol-related offenses for 22 years. "It's stupid to even suggest it."

Scott Ellis, executive director of the Michigan Licensed Beverage Association, took a similar shot: "It's a tactic to create extreme fear. Driving at .05 is not what's creating the carnage."

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2019/03/24/michigan-drunk-driving-proposal-abdullah-hammoud/3249643002/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: .05 law might be coming in MI

Mar 25, 2019, 11:50 AM

crap. B-Meist® can you move this to PandR.

My bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All for it.

Mar 25, 2019, 12:06 PM

There are quotes from people who say that .05 isn't "drunk" enough, the National Transportation Safety Board and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration disagree, according to this article.

"According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1,837 people were killed in crashes in 2017 where drivers had alcohol levels of 0.01-0.07."

It will save lives. Alcohol kills and destroys.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All for it.

Mar 25, 2019, 12:12 PM

People kill and destroy. Not alcohol. Let’s get that straight.

Actually, alcohol quite literally and biologically

Mar 25, 2019, 12:24 PM

kills and destroys. It is a neurotoxin.

According to this scientific study, there is no safe level of alcohol consumption. That means all alcohol consumption is unsafe.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/08/180824103018.htm

Re: Actually, alcohol quite literally and biologically

Mar 25, 2019, 1:16 PM

Lack of personal responsibility is the killer.

Yes, and more than anything,

Mar 25, 2019, 1:33 PM

it's the lack of personal responsibility in the decision to consume alcohol.

Re: Yes, and more than anything,

Mar 25, 2019, 1:50 PM

Why? Because one enjoys the taste or social aspects or the twinge of a buzz might one receive?

Just because you do not like it and feel it is a threat, doesn't mean that its bad for everyone.

Jesus turned water into wine and that was in order to keep a family out of trouble in a society that loved its wine. He didn't forbid them to drink it. Wonder why you and your Baptist ilk are so quick to harshly judge others that do drink.....

and dont start quoting about durnkards and being a drunkard.....we all get that aspect.

Message was edited by: tigermanac®

I pointed to a scientific study that says, objectively,

Mar 25, 2019, 2:01 PM

that it is bad for everyone. It's just one study, of course.

I have not made any religious or spiritual statements in this thread.

Re: I pointed to a scientific study that says, objectively,

Mar 26, 2019, 8:06 AM

You have made a martyr out of yourself on the board. So your posts come with an insinuation or faith based ideals. Much like this Muslim Coty Councilman. It goes without saying.

So here’s a study that says, objectively,

Mar 26, 2019, 8:12 AM [ in reply to I pointed to a scientific study that says, objectively, ]

That it’s good for you in moderation.

You can change your opinion now and feel scientifically validated.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/06/180618141849.htm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Western civilization is built on beer

Mar 25, 2019, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes, and more than anything, ]

Fermentation kills a myriad of nasty water-born diseases (eg. cholera), and alcohol was the only way cities could ever survive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is a terribly specious argument. How many people have died

Mar 25, 2019, 12:26 PM [ in reply to All for it. ]

in accidents involving a BAC of zero? By that count, does a LACK of alcohol in the system kill?

null

It's killin' ME right NOW...

Mar 27, 2019, 2:50 PM

stupid work rules.

Ya think Hammoud is a DUI lawyer

Mar 25, 2019, 12:56 PM

Trying to drum up more biz?

Mar 25, 2019, 1:32 PM

I bet the whole nation is that way soon. UBER is loving it. I hope I live long enough to have a great car that drives itself. I like being in my own car. I will take UBER before taking a chance at just..05 though. Is that one drink and driving 5 minutes later?

Mar 25, 2019, 2:05 PM

When I was kid things were obviously way different. We had a big Chevy Suburban and we would go on road trips up the California coast with two familes at times and a giant cooler in the back full of beer. A couple of us kids would sit way in the back with the cooler. Every now and then they would ask us to send up another beer. It was normal back then. We didnt even wear seatbelts. DUI's or seatbelt violations were non issues back then.

Just gonna toss this out there...

Mar 25, 2019, 2:09 PM

Take it for what it's worth, which may not be much.

Re: Just gonna toss this out there...

Mar 26, 2019, 5:59 AM

I am not condoning drunk driving or no seat belts. I am just talking about how free we were back then to wing it. Of course itbis dangerous to everyone having a drunk driver on the road.

Mar 25, 2019, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: .05 law might be coming in MI ]

My dad used to let me ride down with his buds to our deer camp down in Elberton GA. The whole was from Asheville to Elberton, those dudes would put them back. The driver less than the rest of them, but would still have 2-3. All still alive and from what I know none are alcoholics. Most are retired and living the good life.

Mar 27, 2019, 2:44 PM

my uncle was killed by a couple of drunks that decided to drag race backwards on a residential street. For the life of me I cannot fathom how someone could argue in favor of drunk driving, but you are full of surprises.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Surprise...another lib (not)

Mar 25, 2019, 3:50 PM

Coming to Amerika soon...no salt shaker on the table, 20-oz soda bans, etc.

Oh wait...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you get less than 6 hours of sleep you're driving

Mar 25, 2019, 4:05 PM

at a .05 level of impairment. Probably worse.

Totally stupid law. How about just bring back prohibition and that will fix everything. Or raise the drinking age to 95. Either way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2019, 2:39 PM

you might as well go ahead and get one of these now.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a dumb haircut?***

Mar 27, 2019, 3:10 PM

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic