Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Surfing channels last night. Ovation has Anthony Bourdain's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 294

Surfing channels last night. Ovation has Anthony Bourdain's

Aug 23, 2019, 8:52 AM

No Reservations and they started from Season 1 Episode 1. Paris. I looked it up that episode was in 2005.

Anyhow, great to see/sad to see one of my heroes doing his thing before he totally blew up as a celeb.

Still very unhappy about him taking his life. I just can't get my mind around suicide and it is far too prevalent and seemingly acceptable to people right now.

For God's sake, if you're hurting fcukking talk to somebody. Get some fkuccing help. Suicide does not guarantee tomorrow won't be worse. But it dayum sure guarantees it will never get better (and will be much worse for those who love you that are left behind).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thks Ese, I just set the DVR to record all of those. *****

Aug 23, 2019, 8:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aren't they on Netflix?***

Aug 23, 2019, 9:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Aren't they on Netflix?***

Aug 23, 2019, 10:14 PM

Yes

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Celebrity deaths come and go, blah blah blah...

Aug 23, 2019, 9:47 AM

but Bourdain is probably the only guy I really miss seeing. He was a normal workaday Joe Shmoe until his brilliance came to the surface; Kitchen Confidential was an amazing work. Talented narrator as well, loved his early shows.

I swear it seems like all of the recovered heroin addicts out there have this suicide switch somewhere, maybe the last scar of the addiction. Sad TBH, I miss the homie.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Surfing channels last night. Ovation has Anthony Bourdain's

Aug 23, 2019, 10:13 PM

Love the show. But the guy is no hero. Suicide takes that away. Most selfish act of all. He left women, children behind.....sad.

I don’t give anyone a pass that commits suicide.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear you. And I struggle with it. OTOH, suicide definitely

Aug 24, 2019, 8:37 AM

leaves a trail of devastation in its wake. I know firsthand. There is nothing heroic about making that decision.

OTOH, I really admire the dude's work. That was heroic to me.

Bottom line: Suicide Sucks. Don't do it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 294
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic