Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Suggestions for future playoffs...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Suggestions for future playoffs...

Jan 18, 2019, 4:36 AM

They've probably scheduled all the dates and times for the next few playoffs but here goes anyway....

Play the semifinals both on the same day and a different day than the New Year's bowls - this past year worked out great with the semis on a Saturday. Keep the semis on Saturday as often as possible. 3:00 pm EST start for one and 7:00 pm EST start for the other, if that works. If not at least have the latest game over by 11:00 pm EST and the other start no earlier than 11:00 am PST.

Move the Natty 2 weeks out from the semifinals rather than 1 week + 2 days. The current schedule makes travel very difficult to book and forces fans to pay the highest prices airlines charge if flying is required.

Change the day of the Natty from Monday until Saturday with a 7:00 pm EST start. Monday requires fans to take at least 2 days of vacation right after the heavy vacation time in December.

I know this gets very complicated since the stadiums are pretty much all pro stadiums and scheduling is very difficult but, to me, the current method is very hard for a lot of fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Suggestions for future playoffs...

Jan 18, 2019, 7:39 AM

You are absolutely right, but it seems the schedule is set more for TV than for the college fans. It should not actually be an issue scheduling stadiums around the NFL. Any given Sunday half the NFL is playing an away game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 11:16 AM

Yes, but during the NFL playoffs you cannot predict which stadiums will be hosting games far enough in advance to avoid a conflict.

Jan 18, 2019, 8:29 AM

Please post your email or phone so committee can contact you.They need help from all arm chair schedulers

Jan 18, 2019, 8:32 AM

I'm sorry, but I don't think you included YOUR plan for making something better before criticizing someone else's plan.

Jan 18, 2019, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Suggestions for future playoffs... ]

You’re dumb. He’s just offering suggestions and outside opinion. Most of his points are incredibly valid.

The fact that you need attention or post this nonsense is truly pathetic.

Yikes

Jan 18, 2019, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Suggestions for future playoffs... ]

What a stupid & unnecessary thing to say

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NFL playoffs are one problem for the Natty date***

Jan 18, 2019, 9:13 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 9:41 AM

I agree with all points OP makes.

FYI, next year they have at least scheduled the Natty 2 weeks after the semifinals. But, still on a Monday night.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic