Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stoudt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1,521

Stoudt

Sep 8, 2013, 10:01 AM

I find it sad that noone is talking about how well Stoudt played yesterday.
Boyd was not sharp, Kelly looked scared, Stoudt looked great!

This board constantly talking about the gamecocks gives them more value than they are worth.
Talk up Clemson!! Why do we care so much about what goes on down the road?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree that Stoudt looked sharp, and hopefully...

Sep 8, 2013, 10:02 AM

learned something after the fumble. Good to know we have a capable back up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree that Stoudt looked sharp, and hopefully...

Sep 8, 2013, 10:05 AM

> learned something after the fumble. Good to know we
> have a capable back up.

Yes it is

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree that Stoudt looked sharp, and hopefully...

Sep 8, 2013, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Agree that Stoudt looked sharp, and hopefully... ]

that fumble while still a fumble the RT got beat.. Cole should have felt the pressure. u keep two hands on the ball in the pocket just in case of things like that. I hope he learned his lesson but other than that fumble he was spot on.. and what did i say about Gerome Hopper. That kid will be SPECIAL.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stoudt

Sep 8, 2013, 10:03 AM

looked great. always does when called upon but yesterday was unusually good

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2013, 10:04 AM

Yes I was very impressed with him.

I dont think Kelly was scared.. more just excited... which I dont blame him but once he gets a little more time in there he will settle down and do some good things.

Sep 8, 2013, 10:05 AM

I aqree. Stoudt looked like he would be just fine if needed. We need to continue to play him when we get another team down for the count. Tajh and Sammie will be there when we need them and playing our 2nd, 23rd and 4th teams will help us in the long run

Stoudt had a great game. I agree

Sep 8, 2013, 10:07 AM

We are lucky to have him, and he would be a starter at just about any other school. Having said that, I am just trying to enjoy every moment we have left with Tajh. He is awesome.

63-17

Re: Stoudt - was very good as was the defense, mostly

Sep 8, 2013, 10:07 AM

But you're going to have to forgive us for reveling in the coots' loss, Clowney being a Heisman afterthought now, and their coaches fighting among themselves.

It's just too good not to enjoy!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a shame...

Sep 8, 2013, 10:27 AM

he's basically wasting three years sitting on the bench.

he didnt waste anything..

Sep 8, 2013, 10:35 AM

This is a special place to be, and Dabo said it best. It is a privilege to play for Clemson University. If he was better than Tajh, he would have played.

63-17

There are times he's played better than Tajh...

Sep 8, 2013, 10:37 AM

yet he sits on the bench. He may not be better than Tajh, but he's certainly Tajh's equal.

he is not Tajh's equal.

Sep 8, 2013, 10:40 AM

SC State does not make him equal to Tajh. Tajh owns almost every Clemson record at QB. I do not feel sorry for Cole. He is one heck of an athlete. And I think in the end he will get some glory, but he is the backup.

63-17

No kidding man. What the heck is bf talking about?

Sep 8, 2013, 11:03 AM

I'm sensing a Larry Shyatt manlove from bf on this one.

lol. thanks coach.***

Sep 8, 2013, 10:41 AM [ in reply to There are times he's played better than Tajh... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Curious as to why you consider it a "waste"...

Sep 8, 2013, 10:42 AM [ in reply to There are times he's played better than Tajh... ]

I would not put him as "Tajh's equal". He is the backup for a reason, albeit an obviously capable backup. We also have to consider the fact that we were playing SC State yesterday. I think Cole is a more than capable backup, but would you have the same confidence in him against UGA this year, LSU last year, or say FSU or SCAR down the road? I know I'd want my 3-year senior starter in those games.

The way I see it, if he is equal or better than a 3 year starter that's a legitimate Heisman candidate, he could consider transferring and be a starting QB at many other schools and I don't think that's the case.

Yes, I'd have confidence in him against anybody...

Sep 8, 2013, 10:52 AM

and he probably could transfer and start at a number of other FBS schools, including some in the ACC.

But you really consider him equal in talent and ability

Sep 8, 2013, 10:56 AM

To Tajh? I just find it hard to believe that to be the case. I think if that was the case then we'd have seen a lot more of him the past few years.

Very few teams have a 3 year starter that is a Heisman candidate and have a 3 year backup that's just as talented. But hey if that's the case then it's a great problem to have I guess!

LOL. You mean like yesterday? Or do you have other "times"

Sep 8, 2013, 11:02 AM [ in reply to There are times he's played better than Tajh... ]

in mind? Other than yesterday, when Boyd was a little off, how many times have you seen Cole outplay him? What games?

As far as I can tell, other than yesterday he has NEVER been Tajh's "equal". Honestly, what are you talking about?

I would hardly call Stoudt's tenure here so far a waste.

Sep 8, 2013, 11:03 AM [ in reply to It's a shame... ]

He's learning under one of the very best QB coaches in FBS. He's also learning from one of the best students of the game in Tajh. Our coaches know they've got a legit QB in the wings should Tajh stumble or falter, contributing to our team's chances of success through the season, and that says a lot about Cole.

He'll have a great opportunity to take the reins as a senior and prove his mettle, with two studs pushing behind him in Kelly and Watson. Cole isn't going to break any career records here, but he's in position to showcase his skills at the highest level when the time arises.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hat off to Cole***

Sep 8, 2013, 10:53 AM

Stoudt played great

Sep 8, 2013, 11:01 AM

I was proud of him. But, to say he is equal to Tajh is overstating it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Sep 8, 2013, 11:05 AM

I think Stoudt could make a run at the starting spot next season. Everyone is talking about Chad Kelly and DeShaun Watson but I wouldn't doubt the kid that has spent 3 years prior in the same system, Cole could be the guy, you never know.

Agree. We typed our comments at the same time

Sep 8, 2013, 11:11 AM

I would add that having a QB that has as many snaps as Stoudt will to start the season next year in Athens may be critical. He just has to beat out Kelly if not others.

He's not wasting time - he gets his shot to start next year

Sep 8, 2013, 11:10 AM

He'll have to outperform Kelly if not others (Watson??). And since we start with a game in Athens, having an experienced QB will mean a heck of a lot.

Sep 8, 2013, 11:10 AM

Stoudt looked awesome. I was highly impressed. He played much better than Boyd yesterday and is much better than I thought he was. I know it was against SC State, but I feel like he could start for most teams.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1,521
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic