Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Zion Williamson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Zion Williamson

Jan 30, 2019, 10:51 AM

If we had signed him we are probably 18-2 or better. I have no respect for these 5 star prospects that abandon the state that gave them so much and go out of state. Even if you go to that "other " school in Columbia I could respect that more than going out of state to a school that don't need you anyway just for fame. I realize we get them in football as well but it really irks me. No appreciation for their home state.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree, that kid is an idiot for turning down SC schools

Jan 30, 2019, 10:54 AM

for some crappy college in North Carolina that has arguably the best basketball coach in the country with a legit chance to win the national championship.

Btw, do you have the same disrespect for guys like Trevor Lawrence, Justyn Ross, Tee Higgins, ETN, DW4, etc?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Agree, that kid is an idiot for turning down SC schools

Jan 30, 2019, 10:56 AM

Just a factory. I used to respect Coach K but now is just one and and done factory so don't tell me how grat he is ! BS !

National championships, ACC championships and

Jan 30, 2019, 11:00 AM

Olympic gold medals, but yeah he sucks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jan 30, 2019, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Agree, that kid is an idiot for turning down SC schools ]

You are actually blaming a coach for a NBA rule change that placed an age requirement on kids... so rather than skipping college for the NBA they are now forces into College and then select the most successful active college coach. He adapted his entire coaching style due to the new ecosystem.

And that is K's fault how?

Jan 30, 2019, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Agree, that kid is an idiot for turning down SC schools ]

My eyes are singed from this scorching hot take

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2019, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Agree, that kid is an idiot for turning down SC schools ]

Touché

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was about to say the exact same thing.***

Jan 30, 2019, 10:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I was about to say the exact same thing.***

Jan 30, 2019, 11:01 AM

Funny.

This is the dumbest take Ive ever seen***

Jan 30, 2019, 10:57 AM

Re: This is the dumbest take Ive ever seen***

Jan 30, 2019, 11:02 AM

ZW could have stayed in Spartanburg and played for Wofford and they would be top 10. That would have been admirable as well.

Jan 30, 2019, 11:11 AM

Yeah.....no

Feb 1, 2019, 10:59 AM

We are Number 31 in the country without Zion so with him we would be easily Top 20 or maybe Top 10.

I can't imagine Fletcher outside and Zion inside, it would be a show.

Wofford is now 19-4 with losses to UNC, Miss St., Oklahoma, and Kansas. We should have beat Miss St. and had Oklahoma. All were on the road.

Wofford is 10-0 in the SoCon and has a much better shot at an AT LARGE bid than Clemson come March if we don't win the SoCon tournament.

The SoCon is much better this year and 1 of the Top 10 conferences in the country.

Jan 30, 2019, 11:02 AM [ in reply to This is the dumbest take Ive ever seen*** ]

I got one better:

https://www.memesmonkey.com/images/memesmonkey/43/4395d33fdb47db191c6b0d4ad9071d36.jpeg

Actually makes that 46% pulse seem too high***

Jan 30, 2019, 11:07 AM [ in reply to This is the dumbest take Ive ever seen*** ]

give Me a team with....

Jan 30, 2019, 11:08 AM [ in reply to This is the dumbest take Ive ever seen*** ]

Five Zion like players and you will be posting about my great skills as a coach!

You are correct about one thing. With Williamson the Tigers would be in the top five right now. He would have made the difference but .... maybe next year! Coach is currently recruiting a top five kid from Oak Hill right now and we are on his list! Maybe one will make the move some day. It’s important, I think, to continue supporting the team and coaches, but that is difficult for some to do.

Coach Ellis won the ACC with Campbell and Davis in 89/90 and made it to the sweet 16 before that highly contested basket by U Conn sent us home. As I recall Duke and UVA made it to the final four that year and the Tigers were ACC champs

Re: give Me a team with....

Feb 1, 2019, 11:06 AM

I assume you are talking about Cole Anthony.

He is not going to Clemson and the Tigers are not even in his top 5 and never have been.

Most experts like him to UNC with Oregon on the map and Duke in the top 3. He is also has been hinting at Georgetown recently.

If I was betting he goes to Oregon. He is from Portland originally and I think he heads home to the West Coast.

Clemson is ZERO factor here. None.

That 1990 Sweet 16 season under Ellis no longer counts

Feb 1, 2019, 3:01 PM [ in reply to give Me a team with.... ]

due to NCAA sanctions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Stop trying to discredit other coaches in an effort to make

Feb 1, 2019, 4:37 PM

Brownell appear better.

Everything in the post you responded to was accurate. Ellis won the ACC and made it to the Sweet Sixteen. You keep posting it no longer counts like that means it never happened. I was there, watched it, and enjoyed that season immensely. It happened.

No matter how much you want it to count, it doesn't.

Feb 1, 2019, 11:43 PM

That 1990 team was great. I loved watching the "Duo of Doom" of Elden Campbell and Dale Davis. That team made the Sweet 16, and should've made the Elite 8 if the refs had been able to watch a replay to see that Tate George released his shot after the buzzer.

Unfortunately, the NCAA no longer recognizes those wins that season due to sanctions. This has nothing to do with Brownell. Not sure why you brought him into it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I'm still counting it, Judge!!***

Feb 1, 2019, 8:45 PM [ in reply to That 1990 Sweet 16 season under Ellis no longer counts ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC Regular Season Champs

Feb 1, 2019, 5:47 PM [ in reply to give Me a team with.... ]

but did not win the tournament. but remember, neither of those players were Top 10 recruits. I can't think of us ever signing a Top 10 recruit. We've signed a few McDonald's All Americans but not a legit-baller-program changer 5-star, but correct me if I am wrong.
But who are the highest rated bball recruits we've ever had and what was their rank?

Probably Skip Wise!***

Feb 1, 2019, 8:46 PM

or Tree Rollins, now that I think about it...***

Feb 1, 2019, 11:58 PM

Who?***

Re: Zion Williamson

So using your logic you don't respect most of our stars on the football team.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Tell 'em coot.

Jan 30, 2019, 11:06 AM

You have no respect for

Jan 30, 2019, 11:09 AM

The best basketball prospect in the country picking the best basketball school in the country? Which just so happens to be in his neighboring state?

Boy, I hope your same thought process doesn't apply to football recruiting

Boy you must really hate DJ Uiagalelei then***

Jan 30, 2019, 11:11 AM

Re: Boy you must really hate DJ Uiagalelei then***

Jan 30, 2019, 11:13 AM

He hasn't signed anywhere yet. I think a more appropriate analogy at this time would be DW or TL

Jan 30, 2019, 12:11 PM

For Zion, money talks, state pride walks.

The funny thing is he was born in North Carolina.***

Jan 30, 2019, 12:17 PM

Jan 30, 2019, 12:44 PM

For me, it's not that Zion went out of state, it's that he majorly trolled us by making everyone think he was going to pick Clemson, just to get the shock factor when he announced a different school. If he had been outwardly high on Duke the whole time, I would have had no issue with him not staying in state.

Zion made everyone think he was going to Clemson?

Jan 30, 2019, 1:26 PM

Or the recruiting "gurus" made everyone think Zion was going to Clemson?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Zion made everyone think he was going to Clemson?

Jan 30, 2019, 1:41 PM

Sumtin other like at!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

ZW didn't troll Clemson, Brownell got out hustled by Coach K

Feb 1, 2019, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Zion Williamson ]

in the closing seconds... Coach K sold his accolades, notoriety, and a potential championship run with 4 other players to complement his ability with the ability to play all 5 on the court at the same time and all of them would get their time to shine...
Honestly, Zion has been one and done for a couple of years, so where's the best place to play for a championship? unfortunately, not Clemson in 2018-2019... Zion understood that he is just one man...

Lol. Can you imagine an actual Clemson fan getting

Feb 1, 2019, 11:11 AM

mad at an athlete for shunning his state?

There’s a lot of reasons I don’t like Zion’s decision, but it’s his call and obviously Duke provides a phenomenal launch pad for his NBA career. So good for him.

I would imagine that he will do more for SC with the millions he makes than the OP does.

null

What exactly did the state of SC give him?

Feb 1, 2019, 2:59 PM

And why does that obligate him to stay in SC for college?!?

Please tell me you are just trolling, and don't seriously believe what you just said.

Feb 1, 2019, 3:16 PM

"Please come to Boston for the Spring time..."...

Feb 1, 2019, 4:07 PM

Zion doesn't owe the state anything. You're not obligated to make life and career choices based on where you happen to be born in this country. Are you saying the same thing about all these out of state 5 star football players we are getting? Is Justyn Ross betraying or turning his back on the state of Alabama?

What a hilariously stupid take.

Feb 1, 2019, 7:40 PM

Imagine the great things Christian Wilkins could have accomplished at UMass . Or how much help it would've been if Isaiah Simmons and Xavier Kelly had elected to go to Kansas . Don't you know that Louisiana Tech would have been on top with Travis Etienne .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

DB23

what about all the football players that left their state

Feb 2, 2019, 9:36 AM

for Clemson

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic