Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stop bashing our basketball coach and players. There's enough negatives fighting this team.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,383

Stop bashing our basketball coach and players. There's enough negatives fighting this team.

Mar 13, 2019, 11:16 PM

The same coach who had our team up by 18 points was the same coach second half. He can't make our guys miss shots. He's the same coach who has had this ball club ready to fight every game against top 30 teams every week. We are in every single ball game. As a fan of basketball I remember growing up watching Clemson get destroyed when Larry shyat was coaching. So I'm thankful that Brownell has taken very little talent and made them into the pesky group they are. Imagine what he could do with top 50 good recruits like UNC and Duke. It's hard to recruit talent like that when basketball history rich schools are next door recruiting the same grounds as you. You could throw Kentucky and Tennessee in there as well. Clemson can be that but it doesn't happen overnight. It takes winning some recruiting battles. With football it took CJ Spiller (5 star) to be the first risky one to take a chance on Clemson. Zion hurt Clemson this year by going out of state. Does anyone remember before Swinney, Clemson use to lose our states best recruits to FSU and Bama every year. Georgia as well. It was the same thing. Brownell has been facing the same thing and came up short again this year with our states #1 guy going to Tennessee over Clemson. Another 5 star that didn't want to take the chance on Clemson. Believe me folks Brownell cares about Clemson . He's a Clemson tiger believe me he wants to win and care about his boys. So when our team has suffered through so many heart breaks this year all I've seen are fans jumping at the bit to hate instead of band together. Back your players and team for pouring sweat blood and tears into our 19 wins so far. Before today's game Clemson had won 8 of last 12 games with last second buzzer shot losses to a handful of teams. We were screwed against UNC and we got Screwed again today by swoffords refs. It was a clear hat job and nothing will change unless fans start backing our team and defending them together. Regardless the mistakes Clemson made 2nd half today, we we're winning with a minute to go. Ref bailed out the NC school yet again. Your tigers played good defense and earned to me a correct no call, but didn't get it. Same against UNC. We earned free throws at the end and did not get the deserved call. That's 2 possible wins robbed by your beloved acc refs and we wouldn't be on any bubble having this frustration. Wana point fingers... Point fingers at the same thing Clemson has faced for years.... Point them at swoffords refs and think about this...... If rolls we're flipped does Clemson get that call?????? I say no

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure nothing is fighting this team now

Mar 13, 2019, 11:26 PM

We'll go to Greenville to play Furman in the NIT

Mar 13, 2019, 11:29 PM

and be lucky to win

Re: Pretty sure nothing is fighting this team now

Mar 13, 2019, 11:32 PM [ in reply to Pretty sure nothing is fighting this team now ]

They deserve to be in the NCAA! We played a top 30 schedule. Toughest conference in basketball easily have 3 #1 seeds this year. Clemson hung with All of them except UVA. Lost by 1 point how many times??? I call us the heart attack squad. Guaranteed to scare anyone who plays us half to death. Even UNC fans told me that lol. There's a reason Roy Williams and coach K respect Brownell and talk so highly of him.

We won one game against a quality opponent

Mar 13, 2019, 11:34 PM

and they didnt have their best player. That's not an NCAA team

Re: Pretty sure nothing is fighting this team now

Mar 13, 2019, 11:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty sure nothing is fighting this team now ]

The same reason that I do not want Muschamp to go anywhere.

Re: Stop bashing our basketball coach and players. There's enough negatives fighting this team.

Mar 13, 2019, 11:36 PM

BrabbTiger22, well said!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stop bashing our basketball coach and players. There's enough negatives fighting this team.

Mar 13, 2019, 11:51 PM

Well said indeed BrabbTiger22 and our basketball team isn't nearly as bad as some of the so called fans and posters here on Tigernet! The officiating is terribly biased against Clemson in basketball and we need an AD and coach and journalists who will say so.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,383
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic