Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CU Dominated BC in 4th Qtr in '17
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

CU Dominated BC in 4th Qtr in '17

Nov 8, 2018, 12:33 AM

Dabo warns us that last year's BC game was tied 7-all after 3 quarters. That's true, but Tigers broke it open scoring 27 in 4th Qtr. Final - CU 34/ BC 7.

KB looked good most of game & BC didn't have much of an answer for him. He did have 2 INTs that didn't hurt us. Tigers picked off 1 from BC. KB rushed for over 100 & 2 TDs. ET ripped a 50-yd TD run; Choice ran well & rushed for a TD. Long pass from KB to Overton (great catch!) to the BC 7. Renfrow with good clutch catches & BIG punt return by McCloud in 4th.

BC QB Brown ran for about 100, but AJ Dillon w/the only TD - a 2/3 yarder on BC's only successful drive late in 3rd. Dillon was held to 50 yards total.

I think, overall, we controlled the game from the start, even if it was close for 3 Qrts. I mean, 340+ yards rushing on BC's great "D"?

In 2018, I just can't see BC stopping EVERYTHING CU can do. I think Tigers cover the spread.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CU Dominated BC in 4th Qtr in '17

Nov 8, 2018, 1:01 AM

I think we'll blow that spread wide open . Lawrence , if he plays simply " adequate " football and doesn't throw an INT , we will cover ... 38-17
If TL plays a great game and our defense gets a couple turnovers for us ... 50-17 .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 8, 2018, 5:50 AM

I also see 50 points scored by our Tigers in this game. This season has been much different than any season under Dabo's leadership IMO. I'm not so sure that it has been Dabo's intentions that we score so many points against our opponents than has been, I think that it's bc we have become so talented and that deep in our roster. In the past as soon as Dabo informed his staff to call off the big dogs and start pulling the #1's out of the game, our scoring usually came to a stop, and our opponents were able to score a TD or two, and that just hasn't been the case this season. This season when the big dogs has been called off, the new pups has continue to bite and the scoring has continued. Our young talent with Chase Brice as the leader has shown that there hasn't been that much of a drop off, and our young guys have proven worthy of their playing time!!! To me personally, this season we have really shown that we have what is needed to compete for and win another NC title. Gooo Tigers, Go coaches, show off the team that you have put together at Clemson!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Statistically Kelly wasn’t good

Nov 8, 2018, 6:20 AM

14/26 for 140 and 2 INT’s for a QBR of 34. That’s why the game was close through 3 quarters even though it was never really in doubt as BC never threatened.

Part of this was on playcalling as well because they knew the defense would hold so they didn’t try anything and we only started scoring after our depth took over.

It’s a whole different story this year as they won’t be able to key on the run without getting exposed down the field.

Re: Statistically Kelly wasn’t good

Nov 8, 2018, 1:01 PM

Absolutely, IMO we are a better team this season from to bottom. The biggest area of concern IMO is our secondary, and getting a little deeper on the O-line. The O-Line problems maybe fixed by a little more experience down the depth chart!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 7:47 AM

This CLEMSON team is far different (better) than anything anyone saw LAST YEAR. We now have a great D and have ramped up our O to an incredible level. BC might put up a great fight, and history tells us they will, but CLEMSON is on a mission and BC is in for an enlightening.

Seriously, if you were an opposing DC or OC, would you want to play CLEMSON right now? I doubt that even Bama is looking forward to that. The CFPC is going to try and make it as difficult as possible for us and make Bama's path the the NC game as easy as possible, but it might not help Bama this year.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic