Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spectrum Mobile - Anyone have it?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Spectrum Mobile - Anyone have it?

Oct 17, 2018, 6:00 PM

Seems a heck of a lot better deal than Verizon. $45/mo unlimited data*. Unlimited talk and text. I'm paying $60 for 4Gb a month now.

They do throttle you at 20GB, but dang, that's more than 5 times what I normally use. I normally stay off data heavy apps on Verizon (away from the house).

Their coverage map looks a LOT like Verizon's coverage map.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Waiting for them to open it up to BYOD***

Oct 17, 2018, 6:03 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where's that part? I'm not buying a new phone.

Oct 17, 2018, 6:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same thing Comcast did with Xfinity Mobile

Oct 17, 2018, 6:23 PM

https://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2018/06/spectrum-mobile-launches-no-iphones-no.html

If you try to sign up they only have options to order their phones or trade yours in.

Most likely they'll (spectrum) open it up to bringing your own iphone before the year is out but I'm not sure when/if they'll ever open it up to android devices.

Woah. 480p video too. Ok, nevermind.***

Oct 17, 2018, 6:28 PM

at the price they're charging I think that's expected

Oct 17, 2018, 6:41 PM

Any videos I watch on my phone tend to only be youtube videos and on a screen as small as most phones I don't think it's that big of a difference. But it's subjective and if you use a tablet (or phablet) it might be a bigger deal.

Re: Spectrum Mobile - Anyone have it?

Oct 17, 2018, 10:34 PM

Spectrum Mobile is a MVNO that just runs on Verizon’s network, so coverage will be the same.

I’ve looked at it as well as I needwant a new phone, so having to buy one isn’t a big deal. I’ve been on Sprint for almost a year (got the free unlimited data plan for bringing my own device) but the coverage has been a step down from Verizon, and I never thought I would miss the ability to be on a call and search the web at the same time as much as I do (you can only do this if you’re connected to Wi-Fi). My free unlimited data ends in January, but I’ll likely make a switch sooner than that.

Since you have to have Spectrum internet in the first place, and if you cancel that (like when you play the annual game to get the best rate), any balance you owe for a phone (if you did monthly payments) would have to be paid. But the monthly savings versus Verizon would soften that impact (unless you paid for the phone in full when you signed up, of course).

I was thinking of doing the free year on sprint

Oct 17, 2018, 11:17 PM

how would you say it was overall?

Re: I was thinking of doing the free year on sprint

Oct 18, 2018, 3:45 AM

The best part is the bill, which has been $3.85 for the last 10 months. I’m in Charlotte, and coverage is not as strong/reliable as Verizon. And if I’m out and about and on the phone, not being able to look something up unless I’m connected to a store’s Wi-Fi has been frustrating, but most major stores have Wi-Fi.

Coverage on road trips has not been as good as Verizon, for the most part. There’s been several times where we’ve had to use my wife’s phone (she’s still on Verizon) for directions because she had plenty of service while I was down to 3G or no data at all.

But again, dat $3.85 bill doe...

I've only had an issue with it once where coverage, for

Oct 18, 2018, 9:30 AM

whatever reason, wasn't working. I was in the boat and could not get Pandora to work. Could have been my phone, could have been them, could have been sun spots for all I know. No idea. It never happened again.

I've been loving it, and would do again. and again. Due to a phone stipend at work, and almost non-existent phone bill, the stipend has now paid for the phone, and every month makes me about $58.My phone is now making me money every month. Eff having a phone bill.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im on ATT unlimited talk/text 12GB rollover data

Oct 18, 2018, 8:25 AM

for $68/mos.

Wonder what Spectrum's coverage is like

My free unlimited with Sprint is coming to an end in

Oct 18, 2018, 9:03 AM

January.

I'm trying to figure out if I take my phone back to Verizon, get another number for a month, then go back to Sprint again to get free for another year.

Not having a phone bill above $8 is pretty cool.

Nice...looks like they'll do At&T now.

Oct 18, 2018, 9:05 AM

I don;t know why anyone doesn't do this immediately, unless you are UDP and renting your phone.

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/offers/free-unlimited.html

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic