Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So red flag laws
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

So red flag laws

Aug 6, 2019, 7:50 AM

could they not possibly lead to a culture of people ratting each other out, be it for personal reasons and not any legitimate concern for the welfare of said individual and others? Would the FBI and law enforcement not get so overwhelmed with "Tips" that legitimate instances of a gun owner showing signs of destructive behavior get lost in the mail?

I am not offering an opinion here, just suggesting possibilities.. It seems to me that it could result in more instances of a neighbor or coworker finding cause to screw over a person for personal or political reasons, mainly their personal stance on gun ownership.

there does certainly need to be some sort of mechanism to address a gun owner that shows signs of instability, because right now law enforcement's hands are tied in these instances.

just something to chew on

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So red flag laws

Aug 6, 2019, 8:04 AM

like you yesterday, saying that you were going to turn me in for me being insane. like that kind of vendetta?

Your exact post: "I hope we can pass a national red flag law, you will be at the top of my list of unstable that need to be disarmed."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1

Aug 6, 2019, 8:06 AM

this is me being serious, that was not. And to your point, certainly got me thinking about the topic.

How can we tell?***

Aug 6, 2019, 8:06 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: How can we tell?***

Aug 6, 2019, 8:07 AM

does this look like a troll post to you? and can we stay on topic?

Aug 6, 2019, 8:08 AM

So you are for them due to your past comments. Got it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2019, 8:11 AM

I said I am offering no opinions here. Though I am trending towards no as of now, in NOT supporting them, unless say they come from a family member.

and I am asking for your opinions as well.

Family members are even worse than a SJW

Aug 6, 2019, 9:23 AM

child custody, wills, divorce. All are emotional time bombs.

I have an employee who's aunt accused him of molesting his sister. He was 19 at the time his mother and father died. Aunt wants custody but he has it. She is going to any lengths to get the child.

I have an old adage I live by. "if you think you have a good family, leave a $20 bill on the table and go to a funeral."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, this is you bring fullofshit.

Aug 6, 2019, 8:15 AM [ in reply to +1 ]

What you are serious about is generating a narrative that 250 Million guns need to be separated from owners. And you are inventing justification.

Here is me being serious. Please get loud and forveful in nationally recognized public about this. Thereafter backlash, we will enjoy you being shook to the core of your being over a decision of your convictions .vs your life.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: No, this is you bring fullofshit.

Aug 6, 2019, 8:17 AM

read through my post history, I have never advocated for taking people's guns away, and have stated several times that taking away assault rifles could deepen the divide, despite my own personal opinions here, and would not prevent mass "killings"

But having said that, I would be for eliminating high capacity magazines and silencers, as well as eliminating the gun show loop hole, raising the age for assault style weapons to 21, and mandatory background checks.

lets go 1 by 1

Aug 6, 2019, 9:46 AM

1. eliminate magazines. how? who has them? how is the government going to get them? lets say I have a case of 100 of them in safe somewhere. are you advocating making it illegal to possess? if so, lets say I paid $20 each. the government now owes me $2000. Or I just keep them and you wont know. But now I am a target of gun thieves. thanks

2.silencers. Please give me one instance where a "silencer" (which does not silence) has been used in a crime. They are already regulated to the point that many people cant even obtain them due to the red tape. I personally have not perused them because of the wait times and the tax stamp required.

3. gun show loophole? explain

4. raising age of assault style weapons to 21. other than the Sandy Hook shooter, who was under 21? And if its 21, when will it turn to 25? then 30? You havent addressed the issue, you just kicked the can

5. mandatory background checks. You CANNOT have mandatory background checks unless you have universal registration of ALL guns in inventory. That 300 million guns. the government cannot know a background check is needed unless they know a transaction has taken place. How will they know if I sold or bought a weapon unless they know who owned it first and there is a paper trail to follow it through its life. Like a car title. Lets say gun owners agreed to this. Who will administer it? who will pay for it? the taxes on gun ownership would make it unconstitutional. But in reality, who would actually register their guns?

How many residents of NY registered their assault weapons? 23,000. There are roughly 1 million who didnt.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/frankminiter/2015/06/24/nearly-one-million-new-yorkers-didnt-register-their-assault-weapons/#6fa7358a702f

How many in New Zealand? 530 out of an estimated 1.5 million guns

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/06/new_zealands_voluntary_gun_turnin_reels_in_a_whopping__530_guns.html

I dont see the +1..... ***

Aug 6, 2019, 8:39 AM [ in reply to +1 ]

yeah, about that

Aug 6, 2019, 9:16 AM

Tigerbalm1®

you've been around long enough to know how this works.

Re: yeah, about that

Aug 6, 2019, 10:31 AM

I can not issue a +1 if a poster has me on ignore.

Noted***

Aug 6, 2019, 10:41 AM

this will be a cottage industry for social justice warriors

Aug 6, 2019, 8:40 AM

Its the way that internet trolls work.

I can forsee SJW's cruising gun enthusiasts' websites and message boards like AR15.com and doxxing posters.

We have seen it here! We all remember the med school fiasco. Imagine a population with politics on their minds.

Now, look at the Ohio shooter, who had previous run ins with LEO, yet nothing was done. He had a kill list, a rape list and 2/3 of his high school stayed home one day for fear of an attack......yet nothing was done.

Re: this will be a cottage industry for social justice warriors

Aug 6, 2019, 8:42 AM

law enforcement's hands were tied, and he was still able to get a weapon legally. A background check could have prevented this.

he passed a background check

Aug 6, 2019, 8:48 AM

"CNN reports that he ordered the gun online from Texas, and it was shipped to a gun store in Ohio for pick up. Such a sale requires passage of a background check from the local store prior to allowing the gun to be picked up, and Dayton Police Chief Richard Biehl made clear the attacker had no criminal history to prevent the purchase of a gun."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/08/04/report-dayton-ohio-shooting-suspect-bought-gun-legally/

However, his records were destroyed since his "trouble" was while he was a minor.

Re: he passed a background check

Aug 6, 2019, 8:50 AM

then that is an issue. Possibly add local law enforcement to the list of people that can report a red flag.

we have seen people that show signs as juveniles

Aug 6, 2019, 8:57 AM

grow up to be monsters. However the juvenile justice system expunges records at 18.

I can think of two possible changes.

1. certain violent tendencies such as stalking, kill lists, etc dont get expunged. This is a history of violence that needs to be available.

2. Lower the age of juvenile expungement. Instead of expunging anything before the person turns 18, only expunge anything before 15. In today's world, kids are growing up faster and faster.

Or we could have a blending of those. Violent tendencies after age 14. Something has to be done

Separately, I would also like to know if either shooters were on Psychotropic drugs. That has been a common thread throughout the mass shooting sprees.

On this rare occasion I agree with you.

Aug 6, 2019, 9:11 AM

I'm not sure how this would work but could easily get out of hand, especially if the tips are anonymous.

I mean what's to stop a disgruntled home owner who has a spat with the HOA for a fence or something from calling the FBI and saying the HOA prez has a vast arsenal of assault weapons?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Lawyers would love to see

Aug 6, 2019, 9:15 AM

Such laws. The courts...not so much. Nothing like good 'he said/she said' laws to lock a legal system into a Gordian Knot...even more than it is already.

We're, regrettably, at the person vigilance stage...so you may as well embrace it. Laws don't prevent...a thing...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If laws don't prevent anything, why do we have them?

Aug 6, 2019, 10:59 AM

How often do you speed? Cheat on your income taxes? Steal?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i thought everyone cheated on their taxes?

Aug 6, 2019, 11:02 AM

you know the whole this is a write-off and that's a business expense and here's a loss thing and let's make this a cash transaction

maybe i'm naive, but i feel that playing the loopholes to your favor is a form of cheating on the taxes.

That's not a loophole, it's lying.***

Aug 6, 2019, 11:05 AM

Massive difference between

Aug 6, 2019, 12:27 PM [ in reply to If laws don't prevent anything, why do we have them? ]

Deterrence and prevention. ;)

Hope that helps...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It doesn't.

Aug 6, 2019, 2:29 PM

If we're saying "more laws won't help", then what is the point of any law?

There is none if you can't get most people in society on

Aug 6, 2019, 2:51 PM

the same page, and aren't willing to enforce them equally across the board. Weed and illegal immigration come to mind, property crime is getting there. No will to investigate the crimes or enforce the laws, no point in having them.

Seems to me the law these days only really affects people who were willing to follow them anyways. There's a rapist in Anderson walking around town as I type, and the whole thing was caught on camera. In a fuggin high school, no less. He bailed out of jail the next day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is none if you can't get most people in society on

Aug 6, 2019, 6:27 PM

Lakebum1® said:

the same page, and aren't willing to enforce them equally across the board. Weed and illegal immigration come to mind, property crime is getting there. No will to investigate the crimes or enforce the laws, no point in having them.

Seems to me the law these days only really affects people who were willing to follow them anyways. There's a rapist in Anderson walking around town as I type, and the whole thing was caught on camera. In a fuggin high school, no less. He bailed out of jail the next day.

That is nuts, I didn't know bailing on such a violent crime was so easy.

I think you have a good point on the enforcement Lake. No point if they're not going to be enforced. Also, I've always thought that cops were terribly underpaid. In order to be a policeman in NC you must be willing to accept low pay. I'm not sure that always attracts the kind of people you'd want.

Sounds like you've had HOA 'problems', too...***

Aug 6, 2019, 2:58 PM [ in reply to On this rare occasion I agree with you. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a simple solution to that.

Aug 6, 2019, 6:21 PM

Mandatory sentence of 30 days in jail for filing a false report first offense. Second offense 90 days, third offense 1 yr with no time off for good behavior. Each sentence should require perp to reemburse authority for the cost of his/her/its jail time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's a simple solution to that.

Aug 6, 2019, 6:30 PM

Mandatory sentence of 30 days in jail for filing a false report first offense. Second offense 90 days, third offense 1 yr with no time off for good behavior. Each sentence should require perp to reemburse authority for the cost of his/her/its jail time.

Agreed. I think, if their enacted they're will be provisions for trolls, ex girlfriends etc...

We'll have to see.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic